Sponsored

F-150 Manifold Testing/Journey

Type550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Absolute Black 2017 GT Fastback (Manual)
I have been following this thread for a while,very interesting.I am not a fan of revving the
hell out of my engine so i found a 2016 F150 intake and installed it and i am pleased.It really gets the Mustang up and moving in a hurry. New to Mustang6g my name is Dan
Welcome, Dan. Thanks for sharing your impressions too :thumbsup:

Your install looks very nice and neat. Good work!

Did you get a custom tune or did you just do an intake swap and drive?
Sponsored

enak319

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt Auto Panama Red Premium
My approach to engine cover installation with F150 manifold on 2015/2017 mustang Gt.First off i am not a fan of cutting up my factory original parts so i bought an engine cover off ebay.After i received it i separated the inner portion from the outer.I believe there are three contact points in the rear four in the front and four in the middle.Start with small drill bits under 1/4 inch.Once separated i placed the outer shell on top of the intake just to eye it in.I drilled two more holes in the lower shell towards the front they are by the fuel injector fuel line that runs from left to right in front of the intake,i attached the outer shell with zip ties to the fuel line.Then in the rear i used a zip tie around the bracket of the irmc and around the rear lip of the engine cover.The upper shell went on with velcro in the front under the 5.0 emblem oand on the rear lip.Also i used four short black sheet metal type screws to finish off the installation its not perfect but the car looks stock.I will send up a couple of other pics.

enak319

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt Auto Panama Red Premium
I have a tune but have not loaded it up yet.The intake is my first upgrade and i like it a lot.
I have had the tune for a while just have not gotten around to it.Need to drive my car a little more first without the wife the screaming when my foot is in it is a bit annoying.

Sponsored

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
I have a tune but have not loaded it up yet.The intake is my first upgrade and i like it a lot.
I have had the tune for a while just have not gotten around to it.Need to drive my car a little more first without the wife the screaming when my foot is in it is a bit annoying.
Tell the wife she can walk if she doesn't like how you drive lol

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
I’m looking to increase the performance numbers of my GT and was looking at manifolds. I don’t usually go past 5k rpms so I figured the f150 will be better than the GT350. Let me know if I’m wrong. I want to have better torque and I saw that I could get that from the 18 GT mani or the f150. Is one of those better than the other ? And I plan on getting a Lund tune but I see that the f150 is a straight swap. Should I still include that for them to tune as well? Thanks! And last thing should I port the mani?

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Your best bet is the F150 ... no need for a tune but it'll be better overall if you do.

The 2018 mani is kind of halfway between the 2015-17 GT and the GT350 mani it seems.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Got it. Thank you very much

Type550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hahaha... I hear you! My wife is exactly the same when I get on it! :frusty:

I think with a custom, optimized tune, the end result will be even more impressive :cool:

Wonder whether a GT350 throttle body on a ported F150 manifold would make an even bigger difference to throttle response (if tuned right). Might be worth checking in with Shaun@AED to see if he can tune for a F150 mani with a GT350 TB :thumbsup:

Sponsored

MustangManiac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Hahaha... I hear you! My wife is exactly the same when I get on it! :frusty:

I think with a custom, optimized tune, the end result will be even more impressive :cool:

Wonder whether a GT350 throttle body on a ported F150 manifold would make an even bigger difference to throttle response (if tuned right). Might be worth checking in with Shaun@AED to see if he can tune for a F150 mani with a GT350 TB :thumbsup:

I guess people have been saying the GT350 TB can cause you some annoying issues with tunes. Somewhat troublesome and isn't always the best add on. I have heard people use maxbore.com to send their stock throttle body and get it bored to 85mm or more.

Type550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess people have been saying the GT350 TB can cause you some annoying issues with tunes. Somewhat troublesome and isn't always the best add on. I have heard people use maxbore.com to send their stock throttle body and get it bored to 85mm or more.
Yeah, I've experienced those issues first hand with the GT350 TB on my GT intake manifold, however, I believe it was because my Tuner couldn't get the tune to work properly on my car after 2 months of back and forth tuning/testing. :frusty:

I've heard many good things about AED's tune for the GT350 TB which eliminates all the annoying driveability/tip-in/idling issues. Probably not worth much HP up top (~7HP or so I've read), but more along the lines of improved throttle response down low.

I'll probably stick with the OEM GT TB anyway as it's not worth the hassle/pain of getting the tune right for the GT350 TB for minimal improvements. :confused:

MustangManiac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
On another note, you could always just get you some meth injection set up. Although, I'm no expert and maybe some of you could help me. Can you do methanol injection with E-85 as well? I dont see why not. Could you also get nitrous in the mix as well?

Haha. The Mustang F150 flex-fuel meth/nitro machine sounds nice

OP
OP
apex15stangPP

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP

Biggsy