Sponsored

F-150 Manifold Testing/Journey

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
Taking a break from the humidity in the garage but installing my intake manifold right now. Will post pictures when I’m done.
Sponsored

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
Install was straight forward. Took about an hour start to finish. After the install I reflashed my Lund Flex tune. There is a definite increase in low end grunt, response and no issue pulling to 7000 rpm. So far so good!! Once my tune settles down it should run even better. I can already tell that this intake is perfect for a Street driven GT.
19D2C53B-E8D3-42AB-A920-11ED77DDB114.jpeg
D782D8A8-0F4E-44AB-8878-1886C283DC39.jpeg
479471E7-AA0F-43BA-A04F-1B24B89504F9.jpeg
3990AF39-84FC-437E-9002-4C4159A2FB14.jpeg
04AFF771-01C8-4D67-94E2-EE4EB651203A.jpeg

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
I’m gonna work on that but I think the strut tower bar is going to give me clearance issues. The truck intake is a lot taller.

Nice dude! Now figure out how to get your engine cover back on

Sponsored

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
I honestly couldnt have asked for an easier install.

I'm envious of how the F-150 manifold pretty much bolts on and looks clean compared to the 2018.

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
My GT only has 3,000 miles on it. This is a picture of the inside of my stock intake. Needless to say, I need a catch can.
7E39F4DA-B73E-469E-815A-FABDB7403409.jpeg

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase

Type550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Absolute Black 2017 GT Fastback (Manual)
Install was straight forward. Took about an hour start to finish. After the install I reflashed my Lund Flex tune. There is a definite increase in low end grunt, response and no issue pulling to 7000 rpm. So far so good!! Once my tune settles down it should run even better. I can already tell that this intake is perfect for a Street driven GT.
That's awesome! Well done!

So no regrets going down the F150 IM route? What year F150 manifold is it?

Is it a significant difference in how it pulls from low to midrange?

How does Sport mode feel? Even quicker?

Good to hear it's pulling nicely through to 7K as I'm planning to do the occasional track event and it'd be nice to be able to rev up near 7K AND have the added low -> midrange torque for pulling out of those tight corners. :thumbsup:

Are you planning to fit on some nice long tube headers for even better flow up top?

Last edited:

Sponsored

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
I have no regrets at all. The power seems to come in at a lower rpm and more abruptly like a larger displacement V8 and carries to redline. I also noticed that in normal driving the car feels like less throttle input is needed.

Not sure about sport mode since I’m tuned on E-85 with a Lund Flex fuel tune.

I think the F-150 intake would be well suited on a track.

I plan to do long tubes and a Procharger next. Our best local drag strips are 1/8 mile so I’m focusing on that and spirited runs in “Mexico”.

That's awesome! Well done!

So no regrets going down the F150 IM route? What year F150 manifold is it?

Is it a significant difference in how it pulls from low to midrange?

How does Sport mode feel? Even quicker?

Good to hear it's pulling nicely through to 7K as I'm planning to do the occasional track event and it'd be nice to be able to rev up near 7K AND have the added low -> midrange torque for pulling out of those tight corners. :thumbsup:

Are you planning to fit on some nice long tube headers for even better flow up top?

Type550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have no regrets at all. The power seems to come in at a lower rpm and more abruptly like a larger displacement V8 and carries to redline. I also noticed that in normal driving the car feels like less throttle input is needed.

Not sure about sport mode since I’m tuned on E-85 with a Lund Flex fuel tune.

I think the F-150 intake would be well suited on a track.

I plan to do long tubes and a Procharger next. Our best local drag strips are 1/8 mile so I’m focusing on that and spirited runs in “Mexico”.
Great, thanks for the feedback. Sounds like it's definitely a worthwhile mod for daily driven, tarmac tearing, street terrors :D

Wonder how it would perform with some nice cams which come alive at around 5K ;)

MustangManiac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Great, thanks for the feedback. Sounds like it's definitely a worthwhile mod for daily driven, tarmac tearing, street terrors :D

Wonder how it would perform with some nice cams which come alive at around 5K ;)

I think it would.be amazing. Iiterally just got out of my ride off the highway... blazing through mexico... and I can tell you, I barely touch 7k because I like my sweet sweet engine to not turn into shrapnel. All the power we need is between 5500 and 6500. All this high end revving is just too sketchy without oil mods and some serious cash to pay for new tires constantly.

Type550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All this high end revving is just too sketchy without oil mods and some serious cash to pay for new tires constantly.
I would tend to agree. Higher RPM's = more strain on valvetrain components and greater potential for valve float.

I'd rather be safe and stay under 6.5K-7K with a nice fat torque curve to play with :D

Has your tune been fine-tuned for the F150 intake, or are you using the exact same tune as you did with your OEM GT manifold? Do you think more potential can be had from a fine tune?
Sponsored