Sponsored

F-150 Manifold Testing/Journey

Type550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Absolute Black 2017 GT Fastback (Manual)
If no extra hassle is needed for install like the 15-17 then im in too
Good point! Can someone post a pic of the '15-'17 F-150 manifold and '18 F-150 manifold so we can see if there are any additional vacuum ports/connections required?

Hopefully the '18 manifold is just a straight and simple bolt-on affair like the '15-'17 units?
Sponsored

MustangManiac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I've been looking and comparing the vacuum lines and plugs on the '18 F150 to the '18 GT and the '15-'17 GT as well as other write ups. This '18 F150 doesn't look like it has the same electrical connections (3 instead of 4) but that could be fixed with the harness kit I would wager. Beyond that, it would just be rerouting the vac lines, evap lines, and PCV to look clean and fit. But it appears those connections are present. But with the change in electrical connections, I do not think you could run it without a tuner.

MasterCylinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold)17 GT
If no extra hassle is needed for install like the 15-17 then im in too
In theory, yes.

Count me if you haven't already

Done.

------------------------
4 days and 13 hours left

List so far:

1: myself
2: MustangManiac
3: Type550
4: Biggsy
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
---
11:
12:
13:
14:
15:
16:

Personally I am only willing to make the purchase and temporarily house these, despite the backlash from the fiance, if we get a minimum of 10 people to get the price down to $20 per person. Also barring someone doesn't swoop in at the last minute and get them all haha.

MustangManiac, I can't speak for you but if you are willing to do it with fewer people than you're more than welcome to take over. In reality if you want to take over on this just give the word.

MasterCylinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold)17 GT
OH! and one issue I fear for the '18s f150s will have the same IMRC connections at the '18s GTs. Meaning it will need special connectors/pigtails.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Someone call that listing's dealer and ask about the '18 F150 differences in mani, if any, to the '15-'17. Just ask for the Part Dept.. I'd do it but I already have one on my car.

Sponsored

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
I have one for sale on here. I overestimated the shipping but that's all I want for it, will refund the difference if it does not cost that much to ship. If its not gone by Sunday its going in the trash. Prefer to give it away locally in Jacksonville as the box to ship it in is big.

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt 6 speed manual
don't toss it aware I might know someone who would wana try it

enak319

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt Auto Panama Red Premium
Update from enak319.Installed 93 Octane R tune a couple of strange things happened to me was drive modes and steering modes where disabled for a while, a little driving and stop and restart the engine a couple of times cleared it and those functions came back.[ strange ].
With the tune and the F150 intake manifold the car has become fast not enough road to really ring it out.Very impressive for a small dollar and time investment.I am going to make an effort to take the car to the drag strip PBIR.I need a new helmet and see if i can borrow a pair of drag radials.I would also like to do a cat delete,getting the cats out of the way has to be worth some HP and Torque. https://imageshack.com/a/img921/2975/6nOu2g.jpg
https://imageshack.com/a/img923/4689/tFyawd.jpg

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
18 Audi A3, 21 F150
Ok well i guess if anyone wants to sell one let me know.

Last edited:

MasterCylinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold)17 GT
MustangManiac, sadly I don't think we're gonna get the 10 people for this that I was hoping for. Please don't let me hold you back from whatever deal you were trying to work out with the '18s manifold.

(2d 2hr left)

Sponsored

MustangManiac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
MustangManiac, sadly I don't think we're gonna get the 10 people for this that I was hoping for. Please don't let me hold you back from whatever deal you were trying to work out with the '18s manifold.

(2d 2hr left)
Hey no worries, I am headed down to my roush dealer this week to see them in person.

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
18 Audi A3, 21 F150
If i knew for sure they worked I’d be down. But I’d rather not even spend $20 on a iffy

Type550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Absolute Black 2017 GT Fastback (Manual)
Curious, with the search for more low and midrange torque, has anyone here considered just porting out the OEM '15 - '17 GT intake manifold properly? No loss in top end and everything to gain at the lower - midrange?!

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
I would be interested to see the results of porting the stock intake.

Curious, with the search for more low and midrange torque, has anyone here considered just porting out the OEM '15 - '17 GT intake manifold properly? No loss in top end and everything to gain at the lower - midrange?!

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Drove the car to work and I found myself short-shifting at 2,000 or slightly above rpm on the 1-2 shift a few times and the engine never complained. I'd never do that on the GT mani.
Sponsored