Sponsored

Exhaust Open In 6th Gear

ARAMP1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
After a bunch of searching, I've found it's not as easy as one might think. HP Tuners has exhaust valve modification tables and searching on their forums, I've seen where you can adjust the tables of the GT for their different exhaust modes. With the GT350 valve operation being a bit different, I'm wondering if anyone has successfully been able to change the tune where the valves stay open in 6th gear?
Sponsored

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
After a bunch of searching, I've found it's not as easy as one might think. HP Tuners has exhaust valve modification tables and searching on their forums, I've seen where you can adjust the tables of the GT for their different exhaust modes. With the GT350 valve operation being a bit different, I'm wondering if anyone has successfully been able to change the tune where the valves stay open in 6th gear?
I know it’s not what you asked specifically, but I installed the DIY interrupter switch that someone outlined how to do here on the forum. Super easy and cost me nothing since I had all the components laying around already. That did the trick for me, so if you run into roadblocks via a tune, you may want to look into this option.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Get in car, start car, open valves, pull fuse, good to go.

You have a 2020, my understanding is you will still be able to cycle through driving modes. 2018 and older, you lose that ability, and have to set each mode independently.

If you want to be able to toggle the exhaust valve, I agree with @pilotgore . It was only about a month ago it was posted.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ARAMP1

ARAMP1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
AWE switchpath remote
Na, don't want another fob to keep up with and don't want to make the exhaust toggle inop. Wish there was a way to control the AWE controller with the toggle.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Na, don't want another fob to keep up with and don't want to make the exhaust toggle inop. Wish there was a way to control the AWE controller with the toggle.
How about just toggle the valves open and leave them there?

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
OP
OP
ARAMP1

ARAMP1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
You can use this as a guide and figure a way to use the toggle switch instead of installing separate one.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/hardwired-awe-switchpath.163488/

I have a 2016 track pack so I never had a toggle switch for exhaust.
Thanks for the link. Yeah, I've seen that thread. It the AWE switch renders the stock exhaust toggle inop. And, I'd rather not drill a hole for a new switch (or use the fob), hence my original question if a an HP tune (which has exhaust mode adjustment) can be used to keep the exhaust open in 6th gear.
Sponsored