Sponsored

Quiet Mode in 6th Gear

Julio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 (Ford Mustang Shelby)
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, same here obviously (6th speed in quiet mode automatically).
Although I appreciate this feature when in normal mode, I have to admit that I would have liked this to be removed in the sport or track modes.
Indeed, I find that rev-matching from 6th to 5th and then from 5th to 4th is difficult, because it requires different throttle input. Indeed, when the valve is closed, the throttle is less responsive and rev-matching requires more input (that is from 6th to 5th). And when you do that once again from 5th to 4th you need to take that into account and apply significantly less throttle.
Not the end of the world, and I understand the intent to have this gear only used when cruising with "low" fuel consumption, but in places like on the autobahn you sometimes need the 6th and yet you are driving quite "dynamically" :)
Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Indeed, I find that rev-matching from 6th to 5th and then from 5th to 4th is difficult, because it requires different throttle input. Indeed, when the valve is closed, the throttle is less responsive and rev-matching requires more input (that is from 6th to 5th). And when you do that once again from 5th to 4th you need to take that into account and apply significantly less throttle.
I think that's your head playing with you. I have no problems or unsure moments when rev matching from 6 5 or 5 4.

Julio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 (Ford Mustang Shelby)
Vehicle Showcase
I think that's your head playing with you. I have no problems or unsure moments when rev matching from 6 5 or 5 4.
I will have someone else try the car to investigate this possibility... Will cost me years of therapy if that's the issue though... :lol:

AGGT350

AG Tech Black OTT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AG2016
I love that 6th gear defaults to to the quiet mode (stealthy but when its time down shift all hell breaks lose!!!) and easy on the ears while driving consistently (I drive 70 miles round trip errday and all hwy). Plus saves me gas :)
Sponsored