Sponsored

Exhaust mode

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Yeah the MyMode is actually a bummer because you can't select the suspension settings, only the steering and exhaust modes. And really the modes themselves are bummers because you can't change the steering modes in them. On my 2018 I used to like Sport+ and change the steering to comfort, but now it won't let you do that.
I need to read the manual on this. Probably should have done that before I set mymode lol
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mustang_Scotty

Mustang_Scotty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350, 2016 SRT GC
I find it almost obnoxiously loud in normal mode at around 5k. But go ahead and enjoy your mods kids. You're not impressing anyone.
Thereā€™s always one in the crowd. Why even answer. God I donā€™t get it.

DEDXXXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Black 6MT M3629
Thereā€™s always one in the crowd. Why even answer. God I donā€™t get it.
Get what? The thing is loud as is. my ā€˜12 SRT8 was way too quiet. It needed help. This doesnā€™t.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
I can hear the difference between normal and sport inside with windows closed when revving it while standing, but it's lot bigger when driving in higher rpms. One thing that helps is to listen from the outside while the car drives by but that's difficult while you are driving it yourself šŸ˜

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
It appears that we have a lot of deaf folks on this forum. šŸ¤£. @Mustang_Scotty use the Pony button on your steering wheel to change modes. If you canā€™t hear a difference bring the car back to the dealer. You may have a problem with the valves.
https://www.cjponyparts.com/resources/active-exhaust-modes

By the way, the human ear detects a 3db difference as a 50% increase in volume so it is significant.

444954B7-41E3-4523-AF18-80BB7D8CE402.jpeg

Now if youā€™ll excuse me I need to put in my hearing aids.

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
Yeah the MyMode is actually a bummer because you can't select the suspension settings, only the steering and exhaust modes. And really the modes themselves are bummers because you can't change the steering modes in them. On my 2018 I used to like Sport+ and change the steering to comfort, but now it won't let you do that.
I dont have Magnaride, didn't want it, but I can program the Steering, Exhaust, and Dash on My Mode. I have the Drag Mode for Dash, Quiet Exhaust, and Comfort Steering in My Mode.

Try this.
1. Select drive/dash mode you want
2. Select Exhaust mode
3. Select Steering mode
4. Toggle through the menu to the my mode and press/hold OK.

Is my favorite mode for DD, and I especially like the ability to hear the intake, exhaust and mechanical noise of the motor in balance. This is on a 2020 Bullitt, YMMV

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912

Cobrajet70

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamie
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Hp
Vehicle Showcase
Quiet keeps them closed, normal moves them to keep them at set decibel and tunes the tone.
Sport does the same thing as normal but closer to the legal sound limit. Track is full open.
Track and Sport sound similar when driving like a grandma in traffic. Get a little spirited and you'll hear the tone being tuned in sport and the valves closing a bit under hard engine loads.
Sponsored