Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
flange nuts with serrated underside might be called for here.
That could help. The Steeda rear camber arm thing....does that help lock it into place or just makes adjusting easier?
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
That could help. The Steeda rear camber arm thing....does that help lock it into place or just makes adjusting easier?
makes adjustment easier. but Steeda has a couple different offerings...
The factory has a slot in the car-end and if you put the Steeda/BMR adjustable arm on your car then it behooves you to 'fill in' the slot so the pivot point can not change.

OP
OP
Ewheels

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
makes adjustment easier. but Steeda has a couple different offerings...
The factory has a slot in the car-end and if you put the Steeda/BMR adjustable arm on your car then it behooves you to 'fill in' the slot so the pivot point can not change.
🤔 might be worth adding to the wish list

Last edited:

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Pertaining to the rear, supposedly the SPC arms are one of the better offerings. No slippage

https://www.opmustang.com/store/p393/2015__S550_Rear_Camber_Arms_-_Pair.html#/
They have lock out plates at inboard mount (and rubber bushing btw although it probably doesn't matter much) but the eccentric adjustment bolt at the outboard mount is very painful to get to with suspension loaded / car on alignment rack (and requires flat 1/2 inch wrench that not everyone has). Not a big fan of them.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ewheels

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Have you driven it yet? I'd be curious to know how much more noise comes into the cabin without the lining
If you're still curious about noise, I drove the car around town with the windows down. I actually didn't notice too much noise increase. Echoes a bit more but nothing too drastic. I was surprised.

....then I got on the freeway and rolled the windows up. It was just as loud with windows up as it was windows down. It's much more apparent windows up. You can hear rocks bounce off the underside of the car, you hear the diff whine, any little bump in the road.

Also, the roll bar adds quite a bit of rigidity. The whole car feels more stiff; gets tossed around more from larger bumps or dips in the road.

I love it! 😍

OP
OP
Ewheels

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Man.....I should've gotten a racing SIM a long time ago. This thing is great! I've gotten more "seat time" in the last couple weeks than I have the last three years.
Only one way to find out if this practice translates to improved real-life times but so far, I'm really liking it.

Took some time to get used to the game but once I did, this thing provides so much practice!
I started with the base 2015 GT....complete trash. Could only manage a 2:10 at Buttonwillow.
Then downloaded a Mach 1. Much better, managed a 2:02 but the brakes are still lacking compared to the race pads I have on my car and the thing still understeers everywhere.
Downloaded a GT350R and at first, hated it. Oversteered like mad but slowed myself down and got used to the characteristics of it and now love the car. Braking power and cornering seem the most similar to my car; hopefully I don't get used to the extra 60 hp though.
Currently got my BW times down to 1:57. If I can do that in December with Super GT Cup, I will be an extremely happy camper. 1st place in Street is the goal!

Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Also, the roll bar adds quite a bit of rigidity. The whole car feels more stiff; gets tossed around more from larger bumps or dips in the road.
sounds like the suspension blows.

OP
OP
Ewheels

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
sounds like the suspension blows.
It's the Ford track pack items.
I don't think they're blown out. Perhaps I'm describing the roll bar wrong

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
Man.....I should've gotten a racing SIM a long time ago. This thing is great! I've gotten more "seat time" in the last couple weeks than I have the last three years.
Only one way to find out if this practice translates to improved real-life times but so far, I'm really liking it.

Took some time to get used to the game but once I did, this thing provides so much practice!
I started with the base 2015 GT....complete trash. Could only manage a 2:10 at Buttonwillow.
Then downloaded a Mach 1. Much better, managed a 2:02 but the brakes are still lacking compared to the race pads I have on my car and the thing still oversteers everywhere.
Downloaded a GT350R and at first, hated it. Oversteered like mad but slowed myself down and got used to the characteristics of it and now love the car. Braking power and cornering seem the most similar to my car; hopefully I don't get used to the extra 60 hp though.
Currently got my BW times down to 1:57. If I can do that in December with Super GT Cup, I will be an extremely happy camper. 1st place in Street is the goal!
What sim?

Sponsored

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
Assetto Corsa
Nice I'm looking to get into that once the car goes away this fall. The downside is I'm using a console so I can't access any mods (which means no local tracks).
What wheel are you using?

OP
OP
Ewheels

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Nice I'm looking to get into that once the car goes away this fall. The downside is I'm using a console so I can't access any mods (which means no local tracks).
What wheel are you using?
If you aren't able to use mods on a console, I would say the value of the SIM entirely goes away. I got this specifically because I could practice on the same exact tracks I drive in real life. I would suggest looking into buying a PC then.
I got a Thrustmaster T300RS.

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
If you aren't able to use mods on a console, I would say the value of the SIM entirely goes away. I got this specifically because I could practice on the same exact tracks I drive in real life. I would suggest looking into buying a PC then.
I got a Thrustmaster T300RS.
I wouldn't say "entirely". You're still getting "seat time" and can apply techniques from corners in the sim to those that are similar at your home tracks. That's like saying there is no point in doing driver training if it's not at your home track. I'm not interested in blowing 2 grand on a PC when I can pick up the game for $30 and get 80% of the experience. Maybe down the road, but there are other priorities right now (which I think you can relate saying you have a young family as well). I have a Logitech g920 with the pedals and shifter. Game changer after using a controller for years.

OP
OP
Ewheels

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't say "entirely". You're still getting "seat time" and can apply techniques from corners in the sim to those that are similar at your home tracks. That's like saying there is no point in doing driver training if it's not at your home track. I'm not interested in blowing 2 grand on a PC when I can pick up the game for $30 and get 80% of the experience. Maybe down the road, but there are other priorities right now (which I think you can relate saying you have a young family as well). I have a Logitech g920 with the pedals and shifter. Game changer after using a controller for years.
That's a fair assessment. FWIW, my PC is 5-6 years old and runs it just fine. I think you could buy/build one for a lot cheaper than $2k, but again, you make a solid point.

Agreed; wheel and pedals with force feedback is that much more immersive. Now I need someone to push me side-to-side to "feel the G's" 🤣
Sponsored