Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Glad you had a great first impression!!! I'm looking forwarded to getting mine :)

BTW, do you know how the shop did the camber? (maxed in the plate & adjusted at the spindle, or vice versa). And did they say anything about the wheel-to-strut clearance?
Thanks man. Can't wait to test it out more! The front struts are slotted so the tech said he tried to use it to max out the camber and well, the tire was rubbing the strut. So he went back and adjusted it at the plate so I have clearance to the strut now and he thinks there's more room to get more camber.

If I didn't have those Steeda extended balljoint control arms, I believe I could get over -3 pretty easily. The tech seems to think i can get to -3 but I kinda doubt it. Also, the passenger side top nut is pretty close to the strut tower hole, but it sits underneath it so maybe can get a bit more before I'm limited by that.

SlowStangGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Thanks man. Can't wait to test it out more! The front struts are slotted so the tech said he tried to use it to max out the camber and well, the tire was rubbing the strut. So he went back and adjusted it at the plate so I have clearance to the strut now and he thinks there's more room to get more camber.

If I didn't have those Steeda extended balljoint control arms, I believe I could get over -3 pretty easily. The tech seems to think i can get to -3 but I kinda doubt it. Also, the passenger side top nut is pretty close to the strut tower hole, but it sits underneath it so maybe can get a bit more before I'm limited by that.

What worked for me to get -3.3 was opening up my strut tower hole and using the steeda camber plates:

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-555-8920-s550-strut-tower-cutting-tool
https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-camber-plates-15-16-all-555-8139.html

My camber progression was as follows:
-2.1 with Maximum Motorsport plates, stock strut tower hole
-2.8 with Vorshlag plates, cut open tower hole
-3.3 with Steeda plates, cut open tower hole

I wonder if you'll have a better experience with the steeda plates and the top cut open :)

Keep in mind these were on the FRPP/SP083 combo though

But at the same time, youre on a much stiffer front spring, so you should in theory have less camber loss during cornering

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Great points @SlowStangGT

Cutting the tower hole would open it up and do what I want for the track. And also like you said the increased roll resistance from the springs well help reduce camber loss, plus my raising up of the roll center should give it better geometry than it would have been otherwise on a 1" drop and stock control arms.

You should be looking forward to the Ohlins coilovers. I have more to say on that but I'll wait to get some testing in before I get to it. 😉

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Update on the Ohlins R&T coilovers: I took my first long drive on the highway so I got a little more of a taste of the new setup.

The ride is FANTASTIC. On smooth or mostly smooth asphalt, it rides like glass at cruising speed. Minor road imperfections are soaked up extremely well. It feels refined.

Bigger bumps there is a little more firmness and more "air time" vs. the BMR SP083. But, 515# front springs will do that. Big spring. And I also have the dampers set pretty firm, at -10 clicks on the front and -12 in the rear. Street settings in the manual recommend to start at -15 clicks. So I have more room to go to soften the dampers.

As far as impressions on the handling: the flatness of the front end now inspires more confidence. I am wanting to go faster and push. The steering is a lot more direct and the car goes where I point it. I have not even scratched the surface yet so there's a lot more to come on that later. I plan to go to -13/-15 clicks on the dampers and see what that does.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
If you had dimensions of the shaft, I could have made an adapter. Possibly
My shop attempted to do that but they did not like the result. But no worries. J&M and Vorshlag have solutions for me. I'll address it at some point here.

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Some pics I wanted to share from my Yellowstone trip:

It was a trip of a lifetime. If you haven't been you should go, and drive your Mustang there.

1697520871064.png

1697520932196.png

1697521010418.png

1697521159607.png

1697521213917.png

1697521263767.png
Sponsored