Sponsored

Ewheels Road Course Build

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
That's a fair assessment. FWIW, my PC is 5-6 years old and runs it just fine. I think you could buy/build one for a lot cheaper than $2k, but again, you make a solid point.

Agreed; wheel and pedals with force feedback is that much more immersive. Now I need someone to push me side-to-side to "feel the G's" 🤣
Lol my PC still runs XP so....
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ewheels

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Haven't been on M6G in awhile but thought this would be a fun update.
Trailer Edited.jpg

Now I can still bring my track tires even with the roll bar installed. This thing makes me laugh

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
nice man. what tires are you going with this year? and still Hawk pads?

OP
OP
Ewheels

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
nice man. what tires are you going with this year? and still Hawk pads?
295 Toyo RR
Hawk DTC 60 pads front and rear
DBA T3 rotors (1pc)

To me, this is the best budget-friendly setup. The RR tires, you can get a set of four for under $1000. Not the fastest tire but probably the highest grip per dollar out there

Sponsored

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
295 Toyo RR
Hawk DTC 60 pads front and rear
DBA T3 rotors (1pc)

To me, this is the best budget-friendly setup. The RR tires, you can get a set of four for under $1000. Not the fastest tire but probably the highest grip per dollar out there
wont they wear at a faster rate than RS4s or GYSC3? or I guess it makes sense financially due to the TT discount?

OP
OP
Ewheels

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
wont they wear at a faster rate than RS4s or GYSC3? or I guess it makes sense financially due to the TT discount?
They might wear faster but they'll give a faster lap time than those other two. The RR is probably the fastest tire I can use while staying within class limits

I believe this was made by Grassroots Motorsports. Seems very accurate
1644609767803.png

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
Wow I honestly don't understand 50% of the slang/abbreviations but a fantastic journal of your evolution from Novice to Advanced track driving! Best advice so far was hold the mods, get tracking and learn! My journey starts this spring.
Oh btw the first Mustang I test drove was Orange Fury but had to wait until later to buy so I have Twister Orange, long live the Orange ones!

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
They might wear faster but they'll give a faster lap time than those other two. The RR is probably the fastest tire I can use while staying within class limits

I believe this was made by Grassroots Motorsports. Seems very accurate
1644609767803.png
Yup I’ve been studying that chart for several weeks lol. I had a bunch of plans this year like roll bar and apex wheels but I had to scale back the budget for the year. Regret selling my SVE SP2 last year and quick fit. The SC3 have increased to 430 about which is crazy and out of my budget. After doing some quick maths the RRs seem the best way to go. Looking forward to your feedback as usual !

Sponsored

Scootsmcgreggor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost turned GT
Eric by the GRM chart the toyo rr’s are very similar to the nt01’s. Do you know anyone who has run both and can comment?

Those 295’s are cheap!

OP
OP
Ewheels

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yup I’ve been studying that chart for several weeks lol. I had a bunch of plans this year like roll bar and apex wheels but I had to scale back the budget for the year. Regret selling my SVE SP2 last year and quick fit. The SC3 have increased to 430 about which is crazy and out of my budget. After doing some quick maths the RRs seem the best way to go. Looking forward to your feedback as usual !
Completely understand man. I don't have endless money to spend on this hobby either. I'm lucky enough my wife supports it 😆
I want to go fast just as much as the next guy but man, I can't bring myself to spend much over $300 a tire. That's why the RR is so attractive.

Eric by the GRM chart the toyo rr’s are very similar to the nt01’s. Do you know anyone who has run both and can comment?

Those 295’s are cheap!
Best price around! And Track Day Tire hands out 8% sponsorship discount codes like candy.
I think @PaddyPrix might have used both. Do you know Kevin Burke? Crazy fast driver and he's driven every tire out there.

People rip on the Toyo RR cause it's "slow" for a slick but it's still damn fast and might be the cheapest fast tire out there.

Last edited:

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Completely understand man. I don't have endless money to spend on this hobby either. I'm lucky enough my wife supports it 😆
I want to go fast just as much as the next guy but man, I can't bring myself to spend much over $300 a tire. That's why the RR is so attractive
Lol glad that we are on the same page.

Over the years I have enjoyed reading about your progression as a driver and feedback on car changes. Easy for me to follow and gain knowledge about different things rather you going to coilovers and slicks after 3 track days lol (not knocking anybody that does though).

Went to my local tire shop and priced out the RRs. Looks like the way to go. Also curious about the Hawk pads when you get a few days on them

OP
OP
Ewheels

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Lol glad that we are on the same page.

Over the years I have enjoyed reading about your progression as a driver and feedback on car changes. Easy for me to follow and gain knowledge about different things rather you going to coilovers and slicks after 3 track days lol (not knocking anybody that does though).

Went to my local tire shop and priced out the RRs. Looks like the way to go. Also curious about the Hawk pads when you get a few days on them
So I've used the Hawk pads for one event so far but not good data. This was the first event since I had my brake line replaced. I had lots of soft peddle issues which tells me there's still air in the line. I need to give it a good bleed and it should be fine. The times it did bite, it felt great though. I need to test them at Autoclub though which has huge braking zones

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
07 335is, 08 LR2, 13 Tahoe, 18 Mustang GT x2
Vehicle Showcase
Best price around! And Track Day Tire hands out 8% sponsorship discount codes like candy. I think @PaddyPrix might have used both. Do you know Kevin Burke? Crazy fast driver and he's driven every tire out there. He actually won NASA TT last year using RR's on a Viper.

People rip on the Toyo RR cause it's "slow" for a slick but it's still damn fast and might be the cheapest fast tire out there.
The Toyo RR and Nitto NT01 are practically the same tire, difference being the pattern. I want to say they're owned by the same company, which mean they're even more than practically identical. If you're trying to get consistency, honest, there's no better tire. Your 1st HC is the same as your 24th, and they are consistent throughout the whole session, not falling off or heating up like a much faster A7 or 3R would, and if you're not competing for times, why go broke for those sweet HPDE trophies? There are plenty of people saying they set a PB on the tire when the cords were showing, and until I bumped up my tire game, same held true. Going big is not going too expensive, while they did just jack up pricing end of January (like everybody else) a fatboy 315/30/18 is still like 2/3 of what an A7 is, and 1/2 of what a Michelin S8M is, but only 2-5 seconds off, depending on the course. The sticky tires shine in the lateral grip on hard turns, but on straightaways, it's all gone.

Also, setting the record straight, Kevin may have won an event on RR's, but I won NASA TT :D
Sponsored