EV's.......... πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
At some point reality will hit the political types and these mandates will be pushed back and or repealed all together. EV's will be around as some will want them. The majority will want straight ICE or hybrids.

The amount of power needed to run fast chargers in the numbers required for 100% BEV is staggering. Hell even at 30% saturation level is not doable in this country.
Reality rarely hits politicians.
Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
I am just going to leave this here.

1701126921749.png

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; In a different thread a while back, someone posted the amounts of resources needed, including copper, to meet the planed upgrades for the grids and other green energy dreams. Best i can recall for England alone will require the entire world production of some things such as copper for ten years. I can see how this is not feasible.

Also on the same line there are "green" energy generating structures that have been built but are not yet hooked up to the grids. Again, if i recall correctly some are waiting in line so to speak to be allowed to simply get hooked up. I think the que line is at least months for many and years for others.
Perhaps the member who posted these bits can do so again.

There is a practical reality in terms of raw materials required to do "green" energy and an all EV future. There is a political reality in terms of both money and tolerance of force. Sure the EV push can continue if those in power can keep spending other peoples money and force ICE out. Policies can be changed.
Perhaps the bigger thing is current EV's are inferior vehicles for most folks. EV's will work well for some but not for many. A number of reasons why, already well discussed.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
The power grid isn't using copper wires anymore. Almost all the wire is aluminum.
Exactly, the two biggest reasons are weight and cost. Even tho copper is more efficient at conducting electricity, it costs a lot more to mine and produce and weighs a lot more than aluminum does. Copper is just not practical for long distance high tension transmission lines.

BTW, nuclear may be the answer, but too many are afraid of another 3 mile island.

Sponsored

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Good Lord, did anyone on here actually watch the video or look into the channel?!? "ChargeDrive" has 56 videos that are all essentially the same thing--shitting on EVs. This is not a legitimate or credible news outlet, it's a YouTube channel that even has a disclaimer stating that the "channel is made for entertainment purposes only." If we're going to debate EVs, let's at least do so based on credible, reliable facts and not YouTube clickbait.

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
Hate to tell you, but EVs are coming whether you like it or not. It has nothing to do with what hte market wants.
that's ridiculous on a multitude of levels. EV's were a niche thing that some people dig, will buy, and they tried to make it mainstream inorganically. it failed.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Did you mean 74 to 78? Surely we are not crapping on early Fox Bodies.
I am. I despise those cars. Looks and power lol (we all got our opinions, right?). The later years looked better, in fact I'd love a red '89 GT convertible but performance was non existent. πŸ˜‚

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
that's ridiculous on a multitude of levels. EV's were a niche thing that some people dig, will buy, and they tried to make it mainstream inorganically. it failed.
I wish that were true...
BMW
Hellcat
GM
Benz

I can keep going. While not ALL cars will be electric, the vast majority sold new will be. MB says 2040, BMW committed to 2035. I believe F1 plans to be net zero by 2030, whatever the hell that means (probably pay someone to offset their carbon emissions. Maybe Al Gore again?).

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
the vast majority sold new will be.
Perhaps. But they'll sell 30pct of current run rate. Let them try to keep the business running with a 66pct reduction in sales.

Politicians never admit they are more stupid than the average Joe Plummer or otr driver. Their only shtick is pretend they are the authority on topics they know absolutely nothing about.

It's the economy, stupid was a phrase not too far back. It will always be thus.

I'm more amazed gm et. al. Went along with the patently absurd govt imposed dictates in the first place.

Sponsored

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
I wish that were true...
BMW
Hellcat
GM
Benz

I can keep going. While not ALL cars will be electric, the vast majority sold new will be. MB says 2040, BMW committed to 2035. I believe F1 plans to be net zero by 2030, whatever the hell that means (probably pay someone to offset their carbon emissions. Maybe Al Gore again?).
then explain why GM and ford are getting out of the EV market right now.
you can't make people buy stuff, dude, this isn't russia.

maybe that shit works over there in germany but we've got PLENTY of cars to last us the next 100 years already built here in america.

this doomsday prophecy bullshit is for the birds.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I just read an article that says VW is losing it's ass on EV's too.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
you can't make people buy stuff, dude, this isn't russia.

maybe that shit works over there in germany but we've got PLENTY of cars to last us the next 100 years already built here in america.

this doomsday prophecy bullshit is for the birds.
You don't have to believe me. The link goes right to their website and says they want everyone in electric cars. :like:

BTW, America isn't the predominant car market anymore anyway. China has far more people, as does India. And those governments can improve their will. And they will be the biggest market share before long.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
EV vs. ICE is very political.

No one ever will craft the ultimate political retort to convince the opposing side that they should say β€œWow, I never thought of that, I have been wrong this whole time, what was I thinking, and thank you for helping me see the truth”.

Political arguments are routinely pointless and never solve anything… yet we just keep the bullshit going!

Entertaining actually.

I love my Shelby.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Political arguments are routinely pointless and never solve anything… yet we just keep the bullshit going!

Entertaining actually.
When politics meet physics people will then say, wow we were wrong.

Probably not, they will just say they need more money.
Sponsored