Sponsored

Engine dies randomly!!?

2015MagneticGt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Comp Orange
Happened to me this morning. I am tuned, but since others are having it stock, I assume it does not relate to the tune. My assist is on and I will turn it off and go from there.
Sponsored

Mach3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I've come really close to buying a mustang with manual transmission but this thread and others like it is putting me off. I count at least 30 people on this site and others that have had this problem. Anyone know if later builds still have this problem? Wish Ford had an answer

Dango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT 2015
Just need to figure how to make this repeatable enough so ford can get a handle on this.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I've come really close to buying a mustang with manual transmission but this thread and others like it is putting me off. I count at least 30 people on this site and others that have had this problem. Anyone know if later builds still have this problem? Wish Ford had an answer
I really wouldn't let this stop you from buying one. It's likely a very small error in the calibration that Ford will address. I had the problem twice within a 24 hr period and then never again. That was a few months ago. I'm still thinking it was related to super high humidity & lots of rain that day and the following day.

15BlackMamba

Caged with Rage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Ok so this is my first post but I hope it goes a long way with my new stang brothers. I purchased my 15' GT back last month and have had this problem numerous times so I started researching and even doing data logging. I hope this helps but about almost two weeks back I noticed a surge when turning my GT on with my scanner and it took me a few seconds to realize my Launch Control was not coming on until a few mins after warm up. Well I decided to shut off the launch control in the settings and drove away. Ever since then I have left the L.C. in off postion and I have not had an occurance. No Codes.... Nothing.....Its gotta be something with the L.C.

I hope this helps ease some tensions until FORD manages to take actions with this little annoying problem.

Try it out and hope this helps brothers....:cheers:

Sponsored

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
I have launch control on all the time and have never had the car stall on me. Have had it since the beginning of December. Have had LC on all the time for about 3 months now.

OP
OP
Demon Coyote

Demon Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Ok so this is my first post but I hope it goes a long way with my new stang brothers. I purchased my 15' GT back last month and have had this problem numerous times so I started researching and even doing data logging. I hope this helps but about almost two weeks back I noticed a surge when turning my GT on with my scanner and it took me a few seconds to realize my Launch Control was not coming on until a few mins after warm up. Well I decided to shut off the launch control in the settings and drove away. Ever since then I have left the L.C. in off postion and I have not had an occurance. No Codes.... Nothing.....Its gotta be something with the L.C.

I hope this helps ease some tensions until FORD manages to take actions with this little annoying problem.

Try it out and hope this helps brothers....:cheers:
Thanks for sharing your experience man hopefully this issue can get resolved if Ford can find a solution. I do have to agree with Foghat because I keep my LC off unless I need it and my car has shut off 4 times in total with it off.

People have been talking about the 'Auto Engine Off' feature in the car and mine was always set to on. I decided to turn it off and see if I notice it happen again in the next couple of weeks.

Dango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT 2015
Another wild guess/hunch on my part.
Anyone had it die where there was no traffic lights?

flying dutchman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.microseconds.com
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow GT / 1966 GT Convertable
Mine dies probably twice a week. Usually after morning cold start about a half mile from my home. After that it is fine for rest of day. I am just driving along and it just stalls. I am completely stock. I will have dealer check out next time I am in, but I doubt they will find anything. I have this issue, but they can't find anything wrong. It's starting to get a little frustrating.

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
Something very similar happened to me two days ago. I was coming up to a red light to make a left turn. I was nearly stopped, clutch engaged and then it died. I didn't notice any dash lights only 0 on the tach and since I was on a down hill grade and had started into the intersection I just re-started it and drove the remaing two blocks to my sisters house. The concerning thing was the exhaust smell, no smoke just a nasty skink (non-sulpher). I thought it was coming from other car(s) that were next to me when it happened but I could still smell it when I got to my sisters. The smell cleared up shortly after leaving.
The car is going in tomorrow for this and another issue. The car has stumbled once before when accelerating.
Approx 500 miles and still stock (no tune) running on 92 octane Arco/76 top tier fuel.
I hope this isn't the begining of more to come. Also I consider this a potential safety issue as a car stalling when you need it to go and go quickly at the wrong time or place could be a problem with another vehicle.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
The concerning thing was the exhaust smell, no smoke just a nasty skink (non-sulpher). I thought it was coming from other car(s) that were next to me when it happened but I could still smell it when I got to my sisters. The smell cleared up shortly after leaving.
Sounds like the A/F mixture went nuts for some reason.

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, hopefully B.S. service can pull some event data from the incident when I take it in tomorrow.

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They didn't find anything and quite frankly I didn't think they would since the car didn't throw any codes. The good news is it hasn't stalled out since that one single occurence so I'll keep my fingers crossed on that.
They did say that if it does it again to bring it back in.