Edelbrock E-Force Troubleshooting Manual

carguy231

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I will assume that your car is 100% stock with an Edelbrock supercharger with the stock Edelbrock tune? If so something else is going on I’m not sure if it’s a vacuum leak?
Could be. More checking to be done, and I ordered a new Ford MAF sensor too.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
Morning guys and gals. My intercooler pump crapped out on me on the way into work this morning. Checked the fuse, so it's either the pump or the relay. Want to go ahead and order a pump since I'll have to pull everything apart to check the relay anyway. Anybody know where we can get an exact fit replacement? Don't remember what the warranty on the supercharger kit itself is, but don't really want to wait for Edelbrock to get around to helping me either.

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
Morning guys and gals. My intercooler pump crapped out on me on the way into work this morning. Checked the fuse, so it's either the pump or the relay. Want to go ahead and order a pump since I'll have to pull everything apart to check the relay anyway. Anybody know where we can get an exact fit replacement? Don't remember what the warranty on the supercharger kit itself is, but don't really want to wait for Edelbrock to get around to helping me either.
Sorry to hear. Edelbrock warranty is the same as new car bumper to bumper warranty: 3 years/ 36k from first date car was put into service. Please let us know what you end up doing. May the force be with you.

OP
OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to hear. Edelbrock warranty is the same as new car bumper to bumper warranty: 3 years/ 36k from first date car was put into service. Please let us know what you end up doing. May the force be with you.
Yeah, mine didn't qualify for the full warranty because it was already four years old with 36,000 miles on it. Talked to Edelbrock, and they told me to send my invoice and serial number in and they'd look at warranty.

For future reference in case anybody's wondering, Edelbrock uses the same verimax pump as just about everybody else. Looking to see if I can track down a Whipple st2 pump now. If they warranty it I'll keep the new one on the shelf for next time.

SonicBlur

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Hey guys, is there an oil catch can setup that is recommended and/or compatible with an Edelbrock blower? I don't have one and I should probably have one, lol

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys, is there an oil catch can setup that is recommended and/or compatible with an Edelbrock blower? I don't have one and I should probably have one, lol
I just use a JLT Whipple compatible one with the hose end cut off to go on the eforce nipple. There are other better/more expensive ones out there...just depends on what you want to spend.

SonicBlur

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I just use a JLT Whipple compatible one with the hose end cut off to go on the eforce nipple. There are other better/more expensive ones out there...just depends on what you want to spend.
Any chance you have any links to other ones? I'd like to see what is needed....maybe building a kit is a good option.

carguy231

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
UPR makes one for the Edelbrock. You might have to work on the direction of the hose connections and use a piece of threaded rod and spacers, at least on the driver's side to avoid denting the hood insulator pad.

bhvnce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hey guys I don’t really know if this is the right place for this so I apologize if it doesn’t belong here. Anyways there has been this clicking from the front of the motor ever since I did the install that sounds like it could possibly be a pulley misaligned or something like that. (Video link below) I have also had a problem with a rough idle before the install which was fixed by new VCT solenoids. Then a misfire with plugs that weren’t gapped correctly post install. Now my idle is smooth but there still seems to be some weird noise coming from the exhaust and I can’t quite make out what it is. (Video below) Finally there is a clicking noise that comes from the driver side of the motor that I can only describe after numerous google searches as “lifters clicking” will also post of a video but it’s difficult to hear. All of these have me worried that my timing could possibly be off which is not a cheap fix. I did OPG’s and Crank Sprocket on install but I took extra care to make sure timing was redone correctly… I really hope I didn’t screw that up.
links:
Clicking from pulleys https://youtube.com/shorts/rO5cNPd4W_c?feature=share

Exhaust soundhttps://youtube.com/shorts/XQ9GtCg2y0s?feature=share

Clicking lifters or sticky valves
https://youtube.com/shorts/EqUjFiDzL_o?feature=share

Sponsored

bhvnce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hey guys I don’t really know if this is the right place for this so I apologize if it doesn’t belong here. Anyways there has been this clicking from the front of the motor ever since I did the install that sounds like it could possibly be a pulley misaligned or something like that. (Video link below) I have also had a problem with a rough idle before the install which was fixed by new VCT solenoids. Then a misfire with plugs that weren’t gapped correctly post install. Now my idle is smooth but there still seems to be some weird noise coming from the exhaust and I can’t quite make out what it is. (Video below) Finally there is a clicking noise that comes from the driver side of the motor that I can only describe after numerous google searches as “lifters clicking” will also post of a video but it’s difficult to hear. All of these have me worried that my timing could possibly be off which is not a cheap fix. I did OPG’s and Crank Sprocket on install but I took extra care to make sure timing was redone correctly… I really hope I didn’t screw that up.
links:

Exhaust sound
https://youtube.com/shorts/XQ9GtCg2y0s?feature=share

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue

bhvnce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
AS for the suspected misfire: if you do not have misfire codes, then probably not an issue. The clicking noise is interesting it does sound like an electrically operated solenoid turning on and turning off I assume you’ve kept all of your omissions equipment intact ?
I apologize to everyone for the terrible grammar, punctuation, and typos!! I was trying to get the message out quick before a meeting this morning so there were lots of mistakes which made that a bit difficult to read. Anyways, no misfire codes but it didn’t throw any codes when I had the gap issue either… would only flash the CEL occasionally under load. The exhaust sound just doesn’t sound normal to me so I’m hoping someone knows what’s going on with that. All of my symptoms fit with the internet diagnosis of timing being out of wack which scares me because I did it myself and could have easily screwed it up. As for the clicking in the front of the motor, I didn’t think of a solenoid actuating which could easily be the case. All omissions equipment are the stock components and I am on the Edelbrock tune, only thing that was removed was the piece that was on the back of the stock intake manifold which has already been addressed in the forum as not used by the Edelbrock kit.
Thanks!

carguy231

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
links:

The supercharger itself makes more 'noise' than the engine did originally, at least mine does. I don't think you have anything serious going on.

brianbr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic GT PP
Anybody log their low side fuel pressure on a gen 3 2650 stage 1? As stock from Edelbrock, fuel pressure is around 70psi at idle and drops to 40 psi wide open even though commanded is 72. I just picked up a DW400 to throw in the tank hoping it fixes the issue.
Sponsored