Edelbrock E-Force Troubleshooting Manual

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
I had a similar issue that turned out to be the filter coming off of the housing. It is definitely and awkward neck that you clamp the filter onto. I snugged it down, restarted and no issues ever after that.

So, no check engine codes or stored codes? When I got my car back from Edelbrock the throttle body failed. They preset a tiny amount of blade opening for idle. They overnighted a new one, I reflashed the tune and no issues.
Sponsored

carguy231

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I had a similar issue that turned out to be the filter coming off of the housing. It is definitely and awkward neck that you clamp the filter onto. I snugged it down, restarted and no issues ever after that.

So, no check engine codes or stored codes? When I got my car back from Edelbrock the throttle body failed. They preset a tiny amount of blade opening for idle. They overnighted a new one, I reflashed the tune and no issues.
I called Edelbrock a week or so ago, as I think I mentioned in a previous note, and spoke to a guy named Tom in the CompCams headquarters in Tennessee. He was not terribly helpful and certainly didn't offer anything. He recommended I have it custom tuned, but "it could be a vacuum leak" [I bet it is], "but if it is, the problem would happen all the time". I wish I could speak with Leo or one of the other tech guys who used to be in the Torrance headquarters.

carguy231

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I've been working with Tony from the former EB Torrance facility on my 'calibration'. Spent several hours over a couple of days last week with him thru the phone and computer with the scan tool. He has been pretty patient and he reinstalled the tune and datalogged using LiveWire and talked with the EB "Calibration people'. Unfortunately, the the stall on start issue continues and my idle problems are getting worse, with the idle becoming more erratic even after warm up. In my gut, I suspect that big red-bladed 103mm throttlebody is not working correctly based on the "Absolute Opening" not matching the "Idle Opening" degrees. We will see. Just over 1000 easy miles on the SC. Checked all clamps and the filter again. I removed and cleaned the MAF [not easy to get that sucker off] and housing.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Good luck.
Persistence will pay off in the end!

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
I've been working with Tony from the former EB Torrance facility on my 'calibration'. Spent several hours over a couple of days last week with him thru the phone and computer with the scan tool. He has been pretty patient and he reinstalled the tune and datalogged using LiveWire and talked with the EB "Calibration people'. Unfortunately, the the stall on start issue continues and my idle problems are getting worse, with the idle becoming more erratic even after warm up. In my gut, I suspect that big red-bladed 103mm throttlebody is not working correctly based on the "Absolute Opening" not matching the "Idle Opening" degrees. We will see. Just over 1000 easy miles on the SC. Checked all clamps and the filter again. I removed and cleaned the MAF [not easy to get that sucker off] and housing.
Please see my post, above. To reiterate, you should definitely get a replacement throttle body under thier warranty. Mine crapped out shortly after I got my car back. They overnighted it to me. I installed, reloaded the tune and problem solved. Symptoms were wrench light on, limp mode. Also had the start and then stall issue and man was is annoying. The new TB solved everything.

Sponsored

carguy231

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
So, after reconnecting the stock TB, then reflashing and then looking with LiveWire again, the gentleman agreed that the 103mm EB throttlebody is not working properly. I emailed him my address so he can forward to "Calibration" and they will send me a new one in a box, in a week or so. So, yes, this requires persistence. I can't wait until this all is finished and I can really do things...

Memz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Memz
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550
Hi guys
Are these cars known to sometimes struggle starting in freezing cold days? 2017 S550 with Eforce 2300 blower and open CAI.
It’s our 1st day of Winter here. Outside temp on sync touch screen showed 5* C/41* F and car would struggle to start but eventually did after few cranks/seconds on crank (fast cranks not slow like a dead battery) car is pump gas not e85.
What’s weird is first time it didn’t start the dash IAT showed like -54*C/-65*F but once it eventually started my dash IAT and Oil temp showed as just “-“

Memz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Memz
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550
Hi guys
Are these cars known to sometimes struggle starting in freezing cold days? 2017 S550 with Eforce 2300 blower and open CAI.
It’s our 1st day of Winter here. Outside temp on sync touch screen showed 5* C/41* F and car would struggle to start but eventually did after few cranks/seconds on crank (fast cranks not slow like a dead battery) car is pump gas not e85.
What’s weird is first time it didn’t start the dash IAT showed like -54*C/-65*F but once it eventually started my dash IAT and Oil temp showed as just “-“
Actually re-reading the first page it seems like OP had same issue and it was due to the plastic IAT sensor

brianbr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic GT PP
Does anyone have a good contact for EB support? I have a P0430 code I'm trying to get authorization for the repair.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Is that for the cat? Are you looking for EB to warranty it?

Sponsored

brianbr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic GT PP
Yes, I'm hoping they will warranty it. Only 5k on the kit 13k on the car.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Good luck! I hope they do.

How do you know the cat is done? Did you ever monitor catemp PID?

brianbr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic GT PP
The cat temp is only inferred, both banks read the same all the time. Watching the voltage for b2s2 it tells me the cat isn't working the way it should.

Memz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Memz
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550
The cat temp is only inferred, both banks read the same all the time. Watching the voltage for b2s2 it tells me the cat isn't working the way it should.
Msg their Instagram and also comment on their recent post tagging them saying you messaged them. I’ve been trying to get a brass IAT and harness for months and only just got a response after sending a PM to their Instagram. Apparently they’ve followed it up but we’ll see how it goes..

brianbr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic GT PP
I have a name and email for the new person in charge of the warranty department but it doesn't sound like he's up to speed with how everything operates yet.
Sponsored