Sponsored

Edelbrock E-Force Troubleshooting Manual

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Why are Whipple issues being discussed here? Wouldn't it be easier to have a separate Whipple thread and leave this one to the original Edelbrock thread?
Who's talking Whipple?
Sponsored

carguy231

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Who's talking Whipple?
I thought you were talking about a surge tank for them. Perhaps I misunderstood. Are you talking aluminum tanks for the E-force?

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I thought you were talking about a surge tank for them. Perhaps I misunderstood. Are you talking aluminum tanks for the E-force?
Yes..... Read all of the previous posts, I am going to provide those and a few other things. Covid-19 has my progress slowed but I want to get these tanks done by Christmas.

carguy231

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Yes..... Read all of the previous posts, I am going to provide those and a few other things. Covid-19 has my progress slowed but I want to get these tanks done by Christmas.
Sorry about that. If I weren't going in for surgery next week [cancer/spine] I'd replace that stupid plastic tank. It seeped a bit around the cap right after I put it in, scared the crap out of me that there was a serious problem.

Sponsored

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Fabricator has the bottle I am assuming 5 of them will do for now? What say you all? Once he has a price for me I can update you all with that.

jfccac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT A6
Fabricator has the bottle I am assuming 5 of them will do for now? What say you all? Once he has a price for me I can update you all with that.

I'll take one too...

crewdawg16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Kona Blue Focus ST3, 2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT PP1
Hey guys, have a stage 2 setup on E85 here and I've found that the 103mm TB is fairly....VIOLENT on the street. I'd like to have the option to put the stock TB and MAF housing back on the car (2019 GT) for street use and then swap back to the stage 2 setup for track use only.

Edelbrock's website doesn't seem to list the adapter plate and silicone elbow needed to make this possible, can anyone tell me where I can find these?

Sponsored

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Hey guys, have a stage 2 setup on E85 here and I've found that the 103mm TB is fairly....VIOLENT on the street. I'd like to have the option to put the stock TB and MAF housing back on the car (2019 GT) for street use and then swap back to the stage 2 setup for track use only.

Edelbrock's website doesn't seem to list the adapter plate and silicone elbow needed to make this possible, can anyone tell me where I can find these?
You'd need a used one from someone. If you have an specialty tune, ask your tuner to tame the throttle.

If you are on the supplied eb tune, get a specialty tune. I recommend Lund, only because my car drives 1000% better than it does in the eb tune. I have not tried anyone elses tune.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Just a little progress on the bottle. When it is finished, and he quotes me a price I will start with 5 unless there is a greater demand for them. I may have to get someone to test fit a bottle, but I should be able to do that in January at the latest unless a warm climate member can do a test fitment for me. If that can happen they can get the first production model at cost.
Please dm me if you are interested. I don't have pricing as of yet. After we get a working prototype we can lock it down then.

Edited for clarity.
IMG_20201214_083245.jpg

IMG_20201214_083250.jpg

Desert Dog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2012 Mustang GT
I’m in Arizona, it’s a little cooler than normal, will be 65- 70 degrees this week. I would be happy to test one. I have gone through 2 of the plastic POS bottles. With the plastic bottle I’m afraid to tighten the cap to where it should be. PM me, if you need a test Mule.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I’m in Arizona, it’s a little cooler than normal, will be 65- 70 degrees this week. I would be happy to test one. I have gone through 2 of the plastic POS bottles. With the plastic bottle I’m afraid to tighten the cap to where it should be. PM me, if you need a test Mule.
Well I would test it on my own car but I'm working in Europe for now. I will pm you today for you information. I also have an alternative bigger bottle/swirl can that I will be having a mount dabbed for because it is significantly larger than the bottle in the "stock" location.

After This project is completed I'll turn my attention towards throttle bodies, however I'm not so sure man of us need them. I do know that you cannot just buy the adapter it is sold in a kit. So for the 103, I'll have a few of those made if anyone is interested.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
So here is the completed prototype aluminum surge bottle #000.

I will have a member test fit it. If he is still interested. As I have told him it's mine, so I'll sell it at cost, if it is wrong send it back with the interference markups and I'll have another made. If it fits and he likes it keep it. If it does fit this will be what is sold.

PM me if you have questions.

IMG_5165.jpg

IMG_5167.jpg
Sponsored