Sponsored

Edelbrock E-Force Troubleshooting Manual

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I was confused a little about trimming the top off the rear coil. The picture was a bit confusing as well. So I just trimmed off the top of the 2 rear ones....
How did you trim them? What tool?

Thanks.
Sponsored

socketman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT / PP

Thanks.
i used a cutting tip with my soldering kit and then I used my die grinder,for some cleanup or you could use a dremel as well. I was originally going to use just a map gas torch and a kitchen knife then the solder kit came to mind,less mess and more control.

plasmid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

Thanks.
I just went crazy with a Dremel..

I also found out it was to install the intercooler by installing the brackets first then slide it up into position....

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Thanks.

Did it help much with installing the injectors as far as giving more space?

Did everyone use the supplied injector clips? I have DW95 coming...

socketman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT / PP
Thanks.

Did it help much with installing the injectors as far as giving more space?

Did everyone use the supplied injector clips? I have DW95 coming...

I used the clips but it did require a little massaging of the fuel rail holes. The clips are designed to keep the injector properly positioned in the fuel rail. I initially got frustrated with the fuel rail on one side but in the end i went back and did it correctly. It may be possible that boost could push the injector up in to the rail.

Sponsored

plasmid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I've got everything done. Now waiting on injectors. I've gone with id50x. I don't think the clips will work with the id50s. But I'm not sure...

I'll see how I go with the whole brass sensor issue. If they don't come to the party I might just have to run the plastic sensor.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
How much did you clearance the holes in the fuel rails? Elongated up / down or just drill oversized holes?

Funny... I’m waiting for my injectors as well.

On a great note though, Lund had my base tune to me the next day! I told them they were way too quick as I haven’t even received my injectors.

392lightning

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible
How much did you clearance the holes in the fuel rails? Elongated up / down or just drill oversized holes?

Funny... I’m waiting for my injectors as well.

On a great note though, Lund had my base tune to me the next day! I told them they were way too quick as I haven’t even received my injectors.
Just remove those stupid clips. They just get in the way. I am using DW95's without the clips and without any issues for a year now.

matwgood

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium, 2013 Ford F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Expedition Platinum
If you have access to a borescope it will come in real handy. The bolts that hold the SC down need the SC to be precisely positioned they are a tight fit and and the SC is heavy which makes moving it around small amounts a real challenge vaseline is your friend. The fuel rails are a pita as well so if your kids arent used to swearing make sure they go inside for that part LOL. I did OPG' s and upgraded crank sprocket so i had the front off and stood under the hood to lift the SC on, its stupid heavy since it is all one piece.
So I took your advice and purchased a borescope. I figure it will be handy to have no matter what. The fuel rails are the one part I am not looking forward to at all. Seems to be a big frustration for those that have done the install. Thanks for the tip on the vaseline. The supercharger does have some weight to it. Going to have to make my boys do the lifting and I will do the guiding lol

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Lol.

I hear you. My 15 year old keeps telling me how strong he is... we’ll see...

Sponsored

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Just remove those stupid clips. They just get in the way. I am using DW95's without the clips and without any issues for a year now.
Same, the injectors or spacers aren't goin anywhere, you dont need those clips. Mine has been fine after 13k miles

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
I didn't use any clips on my ID1050x's. Removed both, the Edelbrock rail clips and the ID injector clips. Things were a bit too tight with the clips, it's bad enough with the harness connectors being so tight.

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
I didn't use any clips on my ID1050x's. Removed both, the Edelbrock rail clips and the ID injector clips. Things were a bit too tight with the clips, it's bad enough with the harness connectors being so tight.
Looking back, I think the DW88 is the best injector choice for the 18+ Edelbrock, it flows damn near the same as the 95's but is OE length so the connector doesn't sit low bc of the injector spacer

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
Yeah the injector spacer makes the connectors a few MM lower which didn't help at all. I am probably going to add a phenolic spacer to mine, so that extra 8mm of blower lift should give me some clearance back.

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
Just a follow up; i had / have the leaking surge tank going on. first it was coming out pretty good (once hot) out the cap. They had a bad batch of caps so I got a new one from O'Riellys, the exact same one, and no leak. Well, from the cap that is. The front house has a leak as well, much less than the cap, but still leaking coolant. I read some had to replace the surge tank as it had leaking "nipples." :) I plan to see if I can adjust the clamp and/or add another one.
Aham23: i and others have had the exact same issue...thought it was a faulty cap, but then still leaked. Installed 2 worm clamps on each nipple, side x side, still leaked. Perhaps a tiny crack in the plastic, bit simply contact Edelbrock...they will warranty ship a new unit to you. PM me if you need anything else
Sponsored