Sponsored

Edelbrock E-Force Troubleshooting Manual

CraigJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 97 Westfield SEW
With the pill out it comes on boost sooner.

With it in its like driving an old big turbo car waiting for the turbo to spool up lol
Sponsored

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
What exactly do you notice with the pill removed? What are the differences between in and out?
The more restriction in the line the gentler the boost comes on and it doesn't drop off as fast. If you're having surge issues like I was adding some kind of restrictor helps. I used the stock pill and drilled it out to around .032" and it feels pretty good.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Thanks.

Makes sense...

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
Good start on the install today. Have to go get a 10mm swivel socket to get to the manifold bolts. And I also need to go to HD or ACE or somehwere and pick up yet two more manifold bolts and my package with the new bolts from EB again only came with 4 instead of 10 :facepalm: so I'm at a total of 8. New harness fits though.

I say 4 more hours and done. So that more than likley means 8 :beer:

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Good start on the install today. Have to go get a 10mm swivel socket to get to the manifold bolts. And I also need to go to HD or ACE or somehwere and pick up yet two more manifold bolts and my package with the new bolts from EB again only came with 4 instead of 10 :facepalm: so I'm at a total of 8. New harness fits though.

I say 4 more hours and done. So that more than likley means 8 :beer:
I figured 2x the 9hr recommended so I was tickled when we finished it up in 15 hrs especially with the couple set backs we faced.

Sponsored

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I shredded a belt today, the belt had a really small fray from the get go but I'm thinking the one idler pulley might be the culprit. The bottom right had some slop in it so I'm going to email EB for a new one to see if that makes a difference. I have been checking the belt daily and all looked good until it let loose today. It couldn't of happened at a better spot. I was able to pull off on a side road off of a back country road I was on. Any input on shredded belts is welcomed! Pulley alignment and tension look to be perfect, also no belt slippage or wear was present before the belt decided to destroy itself. Also the tensioner seems to be a little chinsey. Is there an upgrade available?

Last edited:

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
For those that have installed already. Can you please post (with a pic and wherr you got it) what you used to have access/clearance to install the manifold bolts?

I'm to the point that not being able to do this is stopping my install. Everything else that could be done without getting in the way further is completed.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
For those that have installed already. Can you please post (with a pic and wherr you got it) what you used to have access/clearance to install the manifold bolts?

I'm to the point that not being able to do this is stopping my install. Everything else that could be done without getting in the way further is completed.
1/4 drive swivel socket and extension. The one I used was even the old school u joint type. Get them all started before tightening any of them down.

OP
OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
1/4 drive swivel socket and extension. The one I used was even the old school u joint type. Get them all started before tightening any of them down.
Same. Anything bigger than 1/4” and you won’t have room.

Sponsored

dragonszar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
There are some hidden bolts you need to remove to get the SC cover off, I've had it off a few times, one of those was to reposition the spring clamp like you have too, how ever you need to be careful how you position it with the lid off bc if you angle it wrong it will prevent the lid from sealing back down on to the blower when you tighten it. This is why I recommend PEX or worm clamps instead of a spring clamp on that top one.

To take it off you need to remove all the 8mm bolts surrounding the line along with the 2 hidden ones under the "TVS 2650 - DP3C" plaque. You will need a really small Allen head, remove the plaque and you will see there is a 8mm hidden under them. The lid does have 2 decorative 8mm's on it as well, it's the ones in the top center, you dont have to remove those, you do you do need to remove all the others ones. When you put it back on make sure you line up the gasket with the dowels, and then the lid to the dowels as well.

circled in red are where the hidden bolts are
IMG_7202.JPG
Thank you big time! I would have never known about "hidden bolts" without your picture!

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Finally got those little bastards in.

95% done, finishing Friday!
You need one of these, the kind that have the swivel built into the socket. I used the smallest 1/4 swivel I had, the normal kind that still need a socket, and spent like 2 hours tightening those bolt bc I could only get like 1/4 turn at time before having to re-seat the socket. If you get that small one in the pic it will be much quicker
31WfCde4lOL._SX425_.jpg

51ht6oXi4-L._SX425_.jpg

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I was looking for those but no hardware store around here had one and Amazon version was delivery next week. I made the top pic version work for some of it and then a swivel head ratcheting wrench for some, but yes I hated every second of it.

Good thing it was only 90* the last two days too. I totally wanted to sweat for 18hrs.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got those little bastards in.

95% done, finishing Friday!
Out of interest, if you were to swap the bolts for socket head cap screws, would it be easier (or even possible) with a ball-end Allen key?
Sponsored