tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Found this eBay turbo kit for $2.5k. https://www.ebay.com/itm/353154073651

The seller has a lot of description about the kit on the ebay page. Messaged them and tried to get some more details and the only thing I got was that the kit puts the turbos in the front bottom of the engine and that you will need to modify/remove the power steering bracket but the system will stay intact. Although from the description it looks like they want you to remove and relocate the battery for more clearance.

It says 13 people have purchased the kit. But there are no photos other than the turbo manifold being bolted to an engine on an engine stand, also no reviews on the kit, although the seller has really high reviews on a bunch of other kits for random cars.

Wondering if anyone on here has done a stupid cheap turbo kit on their s550 and how it went. Considering doing something like this as its cheap and I have some friends that can weld, which is all that should need to be done with a "complete kit" except fuel.
Sponsored

mech94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
those manifolds are flowtech/holley will not fit in an s550 with out alot of modification

mech94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
if you're looking for cheap go with on3

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
those manifolds are flowtech/holley will not fit in an s550 with out alot of modification
How did you figure that out? And will they not bolt up or not clear the things in the engine bay?

Sponsored

mech94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
How did you figure that out? And will they not bolt up or not clear the things in the engine bay?
did a lot of research before going hellion on my 350 the manifold are made for s197 mustangs

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
I put an ebay turbo kit on an Honda accord years ago and it was nothing but problems. From the day I installed it until the day I ripped it out.

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
did a lot of research before going hellion on my 350 the manifold are made for s197 mustangs
Ah. I was thinking the best way to do twin turbos is to relocate the battery and run the passenger side piping up through the side and put the turbo where the battery is. The driver side has a decent amount of room without the intake box.

But that would mean the headers should route the exhaust backward like normal and then turn upward. Whereas these appear to route the exhaust to the front.

Sponsored
OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
I put an ebay turbo kit on an Honda accord years ago and it was nothing but problems. From the day I installed it until the day I ripped it out.
I figured, which is why I haven't pulled the trigger. Whish I could find the people who bought the turbo kit from the seller and see if they managed to make it work.

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
t3 .63 housings are too small for a TT coyote. You'd have valve float at 1 psi boost lol. Also, where is the merge for the cold side or does just one turbo flow into the intercooler haha

Cheap is a great way to get into boost if you are handy and can cut/weld/fabricate your way out of problems. Check my build thread if you want to see of what you might be up against.

I did exactly that with a CX Racing kit and saved A TON of money over a Hellion, Aldowelds, etc etc branded kit.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
t3 .63 housings are too small for a TT coyote. You'd have valve float at 1 psi boost lol. Also, where is the merge for the cold side or does just one turbo flow into the intercooler haha

Cheap is a great way to get into boost if you are handy and can cut/weld/fabricate your way out of problems. Check my build thread if you want to see of what you might be up against.

I did exactly that with a CX Racing kit and saved A TON of money over a Hellion, Aldowelds, etc etc branded kit.
Exactly the CX racing is the only cheap option I would consider. everything fits just as good as an expensive kit. you just have to provide your own turbos

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

I actually think your can have a custom turbo kit made for some of those prices, especially a BL Fab which requires the front swaybar to be permanently removed, and other more expensive kits 10k

CX would be a nice go between, you would need a pump for the turbos unless you go comp but those turbos are close to 2k a peice. That tells you where a lot of the money goes when creating one of these kits. I conside BW to have the best turbos, but I never see a kit with them. it is interesting.

I'm waiting on CX to get those bottom mount kits back in stock... it is taking quite a while. They do not have an ETA on them returning to stock.d
Sponsored