OP
OP
Doctor Fishtail

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Seriously?? Man come on, I work hard for my $. I'm not rich and can barely afford to upgrade my Gen2R. I made the mistake going VMP and it was a n expensive lesson. One just like you had!
We could all live off the crumbs you drop. But glad you are dumping the VMP blower. :)
Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
hit me with the data then. because i can count 3 or 4 kits that use stock manifolds and havent blown cars up yet.

the top two fastest cars on this forums list are hellion cars, that use stock manifolds, route that exhaust back to the front of the car, and then have an X pipe directly out of the exhaust side of the turbos. not exactly custom manifolds with mid mounted turbos.

im not doubting the efficiency. im doubting that at 750-800-850whp it makes a difference.

If you have data that proves my data wrong, please post it.
I didn't say it was going to instantly blow up. No one has also done 30+k boosted on twins from what ive observed either so that logic is flawed.. Please reread my post. It will just shorten the life of the engine and turbos. It's a given. More psi isn't exactly great for engines for long term. If you can yield more power without running as much boost its a no brainer. The fastest car on the list is JPC last time I checked at 8.0...

Well you can doubt it all you like. You're entitled to that but if you pay attention 60+whp (pending where youre at power wise it can be substantially more) from headers is nothing to scoff at especially when it lowers psi, boosts efficiency and lowers your ET and raises trap speed nicely. You're running less psi which is less heat, less heat is longer life for the turbo, engine, piping etc. So less heat, more power, better charge due to cooler air which adds to that more power. You are looking at the small picture. You must look at the bigger picture of cause and effect. It seems you've not built many single digit cars.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
With all that said running 8-10 psi isn't a big deal at all as far as heat and long term engine reliability are concermed. But for those that want to turn that wick up sticking with oe headers isn't smart. Lets be honest most probably won't stay that low. This isn't an import where we crank these up to 40+ psi. Low 30s is max typically. 15-20 psi in a v8 is a decent amount of boost. Go educate yourself folks before slap shit on your car without realizing what the cause and effect is.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I don't have a dog in this fight. I have zero plans for twins. I'm going large single. I just can't in good conscience let misinformation be spread.

OP
OP
Doctor Fishtail

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I didn't say it was going to instantly blow up. No one has also done 30+k boosted on twins from what ive observed either so that logic is flawed.. Please reread my post. It will just shorten the life of the engine and turbos. It's a given. More psi isn't exactly great for engines for long term. If you can yield more power without running as much boost its a no brainer. The fastest car on the list is JPC last time I checked at 8.0...

Well you can doubt it all you like. You're entitled to that but if you pay attention 60+whp (pending where youre at power wise it can be substantially more) from headers is nothing to scoff at especially when it lowers psi, boosts efficiency and lowers your ET and raises trap speed nicely. You're running less psi which is less heat, less heat is longer life for the turbo, engine, piping etc. So less heat, more power, better charge due to cooler air which adds to that more power. You are looking at the small picture. You must look at the bigger picture of cause and effect. It seems you've not built many single digit cars.
Look Mustang Guy. More than 90% of all the kits produced are going on the streets occasional track. Seems you just cannot stand it that LPF is putting down really good numbers. It is what it is. By no means what so ever is this kit sub par. Once again Justin at LPF is putting a competitive kit out there and affordable for us guys. And best of all customers are actually getting their kits. If you don't like this kit ok you have your opinion and we have ours. I will say this I feel comfortable giving my $$$ to Justin rather than the competition. We just want to have fun. Be supportive. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Thanks for your observations. Now how do you like LPF kit?
Actually I think that kit is nice. For the cost, and the performance I have researched so far on, it is a nice bang for the buck as stated. The shiny pipes I know are for show, but reliability is what makes a kit. I have seen hellion systems, and though they are nice, I have always wanted the kit that mounts underneath.

The question though, which maybe I have not seen or understand, is that does this kit fit a GT350 ? or is it a separate kit altogether ? Or...do they make one yet ?

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Look Mustang Guy. More than 90% of all the kits produced are going on the streets occasional track. Seems you just cannot stand it that LPF is putting down really good numbers. It is what it is. By no means what so ever is this kit sub par. Once again Justin at LPF is putting a competitive kit out there and affordable for us guys. And best of all customers are actually getting their kits. If you don't like this kit ok you have your opinion and we have ours. I will say this I feel comfortable giving my $$$ to Justin rather than the competition. We just want to have fun. Be supportive. :thumbsup:
:lol: can't stand It? Why the hell would I care? I'm going single. I couldn't care less about any of this crap you're saying. I only care about misinformation and people need to know the real cons to using oe headers with a turbo kit. Period. I don't care who you give your money to. I just want facts that are unrelated to this company vs that company. This has zero to do with boostworks. It's only about the turbo manifolds. It's simple.

Also if you notice in my first post I said congrats and that I hope it's everything you hope it is..

Last edited:

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
[MENTION=16871]mustang_guy[/MENTION] I'm with you...but honestly you're just wasting your time. You said what you had to say...let those who don't care keep on not caring.
I have a hard time letting misinformation spread. It's a pet peeve. :shrug: I hate to see people feeding other people that kind of information. But you aren't wrong yourself. :(

OP
OP
Doctor Fishtail

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
[MENTION=16871]mustang_guy[/MENTION] I'm with you...but honestly you're just wasting your time. You said what you had to say...let those who don't care keep on not caring.
Wait a minute wait a minute wait a minute. Mr. No Drama what brings you here? Drama? Ok carry on. :lol: :lol:

Sponsored

Lpfbuilt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 s550, 95 nissan 240sx, 2009 saturn sky turbo
Actually I think that kit is nice. For the cost, and the performance I have researched so far on, it is a nice bang for the buck as stated. The shiny pipes I know are for show, but reliability is what makes a kit. I have seen hellion systems, and though they are nice, I have always wanted the kit that mounts underneath.

The question though, which maybe I have not seen or understand, is that does this kit fit a GT350 ? or is it a separate kit altogether ? Or...do they make one yet ?
We have the most proven results as far reliability and performance no if and and or but about it. I have 60+ kits out there performing everyday in real life. my kits have been out since early 15 shortly after the release of the s550. I've never ever not once had a failure of welds / piping etc or fitment issues.
100% success with exception of buying suppliers out of raw materials putting me on back orders at times ( simply do to large amounts of orders ) a good problem to have.
But something we have learned to work around as much as possible ( growing pains of a successful kit )
The gt350 won't have any problems fitting my LPF kit either.

Lpfbuilt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 s550, 95 nissan 240sx, 2009 saturn sky turbo
Any questions feel free to ask me. I haven't been active on the forums as my kits do very well selling on their own and with awesome customers all over pushing them hard and proving time and time again what they can do along with us every few days and nights. We have over 12-15 at the shop at any given time getting built or more upgrades.
We will be active on here now that my attention has been brought to this forum and the need for us to show the ones that aren't on alot of other social media the truth.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Doctor Fishtail

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Any questions feel free to ask me. I haven't been active on the forums as my kits do very well selling on their own and with awesome customer all over pushing them hard and proving time and time again what they can do along with us every few days and nights. We have over 12-15 at the shop at any given time getting built or more upgrades.
We will be active on here now that my attention has been brought to this forum and the need for us to show the ones thay aren't on alot of social media trrfhe truth.
Cool. Your Twin Turbo kit speaks for itself. For this reason I bought it.

OP
OP
Doctor Fishtail

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
We have the most proven results as far reliability and performance no if and and or but about it. I have 60+ kits out there performing everyday in real life. my kits have been out since early 15 shortly after the release of the s550. I've never ever not once had a failure of welds / piping etc or fitment issues.
100% success with exception of buying suppliers out of raw materials putting me on back orders at times ( simply do to large amounts of orders ) a good problem to have.
But something we have learned to work around as much as possible ( growing pains of a successful kit )
The gt350 won't have any problems fitting my LPF kit either.
Proven, reliable and perform. Nuff said. :thumbsup:

BruceStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
This resulted in a thread being closed, and truthfully, the very nature of this thread is yet again a swipe at BW, by praising the results of another kit being offered. One may call it for what you will, but it really does not pass the smell test as people say.
I have to respectfully disagree with your statement here. I'm not sure what you're smelling or why you think this is a swipe at BW.

Why it's not a swipe and a very factual statement, I was looking at several different TT and single turbo kits. Aside from Hellion, LPF seems to have the most kits on the street/track and posting results of runs, dyno etc. There are very happy customers! I haven't heard of any negativity surrounding their kit. The other kits out there are Armageddon- very nice kit and love the locations of the turbos(you can see them lol) just started shipping kits out on limited production. I think BPD tuned one and it was a monster on a built motor. Install looked too complicated and will take 24+ hours to install and lots of things need to be moved. Wait time seemed longer than I wanted to wait.
Blackbird- I really like this setup as well but couldn't find anyone besides the owners car running it. They had a thread on here and it fizzled out. Said it takes 4-6 weeks to build/ship but again no real world data out there.
Hellion- they have a nice kit, I like the turbos location. They make great powers and readily available but I was not a fan of the pipe hanging down below the K member.
CPR single turbos - not finished yet but sounds like a promising kit
BW - well there is a very large thread on them and one from BW about what happened that I read and that made me too leery to purchase.

I don't think the OP was swiping at BW but was expressing his and other's frustrations With other companies offereing turbo systems. At the end of the day, these are expensive kits and to outlay that much money and hope and pray the kit shows up is a big risk. I don't feel I'm taking a risk by purchasing the LPF kit.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.