Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
Assuming is a 2018 + (so no hardware upgrade)
The cost of tune and the lower mileage you get with e85 is not a cost saving solution especially if you drive small mileage like you do.

From a performance standpoint u gain power and torque.
I would focus on performance more than saving :)

If you keep the car sitting for long time
pls remember e85 tends to absorb water .
you want to consider to add some addictives too
HEET Gas-Line Antifreeze And... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0016GXNC4?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Flex.tune might be the best option. So you can mix with gas when u sit the car
Sponsored

Last edited:

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I will say, big difference with flex.. spinning tires through 3 gears not even at wot! Lol
How long sitting is an issue?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
I don't think this will work on E85. The main ingredient in HEET is alcohol.
Not my field of expertise but tuner said that so i follow. I did some research and it does absorb water separating it. From e85.
But i think the best thing to do is flex tune and mix with some gas while seated.

Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
This may help answer your question.
078644FE-AA77-40A2-ACB2-3C17E0A8FF27.jpeg
Thanks!
This helps me not worry about it anymore.
I drive all winter, at most car will sit a week

nate20gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
The flex logic is built into the mustang PCM. There is a switch in the software that turns it on. Yes Ford did get lazy and not fill out some tables, like WOT fueling, crank fueling and a couple of others. The car will learn the fuel in the tank.

The easiest way to see if your car has learned the current tank of fuel is watch the dash A/F gauge. When it stabilizes it has learned.

So I recommend you watch the gauge with gas for a tank or two so you know what is normal for your car. When you switch to the flex tune and the gauge acts the same, only now hovering around 9 or 10, it has learned. Don't be freaked out when you see 17 or 18 A/F ratio, it only means your PCM is ADDING fuel to compensate. It took me a few times with a puckered Asshole and pouring over logs till I figured out the car was not that lean. It was still at 1 lambda.

If I lived in Wi, or anywhere, and I wanted to run E85 I would load a flex tune and forget it. I have a flex tune loaded on mine.

Basically what you want to do is run all the fuel out of the fuel line and rails. So after about 10 to 20 miles it will be fine to hammer it. If you are only buying Flex you don't have to worry about a learning process, the fuel will be close enough that you can drive normally after filling up. The only time you need to worry about learning is when you go from gas to E and E to gas.

The logic in the mustang PCM is the same as the F150. Read a F150 owners manual if in doubt.
Thanks for the info!

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
I'm not looking for more performance and I don't drive a lot... 2500 miles a year. But E85 is $1.50 a gallon cheaper than premium. So, I'm wondering if it's worth the expense to swap over? I have heard it just requires a tune, but that seems a little too easy.
What would happen if you added 2 gallons of E85 to a tank of 93 with a stock tune. I'm just wondering.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
What would happen if you added 2 gallons of E85 to a tank of 93 with a stock tune. I'm just wondering.
It would raise the octane of your fuel and cause the PCM to slightly add some more fuel than normal.

In other words, nothing the car will run just fine.

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
I will say, big difference with flex.. spinning tires through 3 gears not even at wot! Lol
How long sitting is an issue?
how long do you plan on letting it sit? The longest mine sat with e85 in the tank was over the winter so say 5 months and no issues, I just filled the tank up before storage so it was full

glad you like it! I told you e85 is addictive on these cars

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Lucas has some E85 stabilizer that you can use if the car is going to sit for a bit. Prevents the moisture build up.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
how long do you plan on letting it sit? The longest mine sat with e85 in the tank was over the winter so say 5 months and no issues, I just filled the tank up before storage so it was full

glad you like it! I told you e85 is addictive on these cars
I drive all winter so no issues for me I guess.
And yeah it is! lol

PopsMustang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
I have a question on this, I am already on E85, tuned by Matt at JPT. I had a 2015 tuned by Lund. Both cars I always ran E85, here in the small town of Ohio I live in I can get to a pump with E85 in 10 minutes. That said when I tuned my 2020 that I got in June and now that it is getting colder I find my cold starts are rough. I have to typically hit the ignition button twice before it will fully crank. The cold starts are usually brutal with my LTH and exhaust but the cold weather has made things seem like something isn't right. I never had this issue with my 2015, it always fired up. The 2020 does always go on the second time hitting the button but I am wondering if its a E85 harsh cold start or something else. The car is driven at least 2-4 times a week. Outside of this current issue I have enjoyed the performance from E85. I have headers, exhaust and the tune and I NA at 464whp and that was on a dyno is August. I think if you have a station close enough its worth it.

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
I drive all winter so no issues for me I guess.
And yeah it is! lol
yeah you'll be fine if you are constantly putting fresh gas in it, even if you let it sit for a month or two.

RoGCobraRV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
So I have the Ford performance power pack tune on my 2020 already. Bored of it and looking for more. What kind of gains would be seen with going E85 tuned on top of that?
Sponsored