E-85 Ethanol Hard to Find

01Romanss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible 6 Speed PP1
Has anyone else had a hard time finding E-85 where they live? I'm in Warner Robins, Georgia. Almost in the Middle of the state. There were 2 Shell Stations and one Chevron station that sold E-85. They have been out for almost 6 weeks. I can find it about 40 miles southwest of me and in Atlanta, but nothing here locally anymore. No one can explain why it's gone missing.

Has anyone had this happen in their area? Any reasons why? Maybe they are making hand sanitizer instead.

Thanks,
Dan
Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Maybe they are making hand sanitizer instead.
Most likely the reason. Here in Ohio we have a few local distilleries that have stopped production of the high powered hooch to make hand sanitizer. It's a good bet the refineries can't get enough ethanol to make E-85 due to the kung flu. You may have to go back to running 93 until the E-85 supply is replenished.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
I have 3 stations within 4 miles. Good thing, because it sure goes quick!

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
It is harder to find the further you move away from a heavy populated area. I live in Tyler, Texas and we don't have it anywhere. Another reason why I am hesitant to get boosted if I can't run E85. We have 93 octane which is nice compared to where I used to live in California with 91 but they also had E-85. I hear Race Track has E-85 if you have one near you.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Nearest E-85 to me is an hour away not worth it for me. I live in Asheville NC and you would think with all the alternative people around here we would be flush with alternative fuels but there are zero. We also have about 157 brewers sitting around doing nothing since they cant open and sell beer and other assorted beverages. So now every gas station we have in town has a craft made hand sanitizer section instead. Them corn sweezins give us all kinds of stuff other then booze and ethanol. So since they cant make money there they are making it from hand sanitizers instead. But dipshits cant do that right either and now we got lists of hand sanitizers with high levels of menthol we cant use... geeeez what a world we live in.

FDA changed rules to allow ethanol to be used in hand sanitizers is also a big one now.. here read this https://cbs2iowa.com/news/local/fda-changes-boost-alcohol-for-sanitizer-from-ethanol-makers

Sponsored

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Most likely the reason. Here in Ohio we have a few local distilleries that have stopped production of the high powered hooch to make hand sanitizer. It's a good bet the refineries can't get enough ethanol to make E-85 due to the kung flu. You may have to go back to running 93 until the E-85 supply is replenished.
I'm not so sure about that theory - in CA our E85 supplies continue to grow (more stations coming on line all the time) and I filled up today at less than $2/gal. I've had no trouble finding E85 all through the pandemic. Also, our E85 regularly tests around 89% EtOH (including through the winter).

stang980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zurual
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
Only three e85 stations, that I know of, in my entire state (TN). But they are all east and center of state. Closest station to me is an hour away.

Therefore no reason to tune for it.

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone else had a hard time finding E-85 where they live? I'm in Warner Robins, Georgia. Almost in the Middle of the state. There were 2 Shell Stations and one Chevron station that sold E-85. They have been out for almost 6 weeks. I can find it about 40 miles southwest of me and in Atlanta, but nothing here locally anymore. No one can explain why it's gone missing.

Has anyone had this happen in their area? Any reasons why? Maybe they are making hand sanitizer instead.

Thanks,
Dan
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ts-meatpackers-lack-refrigerant-idUSKBN21P2DK

Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Theres only 1 or 2 E85 stations in all of NJ. Too much of a hassle for me so I went with meth injection.

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
I've looked around KC, and can't seem to find it.
We had a bunch of new Kum & Go’s build like 12 new stations in and around Springfield all with E85. It only tests 70%, but my tuner got it dialed in. Been running corn for 2 years & 10k miles.

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
We had a bunch of new Kum & Go’s build like 12 new stations in and around Springfield all with E85. It only tests 70%, but my tuner got it dialed in. Been running corn for 2 years & 10k miles.
Nice! I've been to several of the Kum & Gos on the way to the wife's family down that way. Wish we would get sime up this way.
Sponsored