Sponsored

DW 415 Lph pump

Tacostrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Roushcharged gt premium PP
I’d just like to be able to run e85on a 79mm pulley.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly people are interpreting this as a fuel system replacement, its not marketed as such, its not sold as a such. It should not be expected to perform as such. Many guys on here have the right idea. Calling this a cheap out on a fuel system is just absurd.
Exactly.
For some of us it's as simple as "running 93 only, tuner says get a BAP"
In my case, the pump was cheaper than any of the BAP's on the market (because Australia), why you'd want to spend more cash to run the stock pump above its intended voltage is absolutely beyond me.
Meanwhile, a return style fuel system is a completely ridiculous proposition within the context of the intended usage of the car.
This pump "should" do the job just nicely.
I'm hoping to install it in the next few weeks.
Initially it'll just be pumping the juice into my NA engine, Whipple goes on a little later.
I'll be sure to report back with any issues if they exist. :thumbsup:

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
It does not require tuning, you can simply , at no point has Lund or anyone said it requires tuning. Only thing that requires tuning is if you change to E85 or another type of fuel than what you currently run.

I understand where your coming from as people do tend to skimp on things that are rather critical, but I wouldn't call this playing with fuel. This is at its core, the opposite. Its a Higher flowing fuel pump, its exactly what we tell people to get, higher flowing pumps because they are more reliable. If your willing to sell BAPs, then you can't call this playing with fuel.
for e85, i would call it that. not for pump.

we all know what not enough fuel can do to an engine, kaboom.

btw, haven't seen any new et's lately, lots of good weather in florida?

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
for e85, i would call it that. not for pump.

we all know what not enough fuel can do to an engine, kaboom.

btw, haven't seen any new et's lately, lots of good weather in florida?
We have just been testing, testing, and more testing!
No one has stepped up yet, so we are working out bugs at the moment getting this 10 speed stuff right.

Also been working on our 15 car, and our other Procharged 18. Weather hasn't been great but workable.

Anthony101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
My oem fuel pump just died on me about two weeks ago at 20K miles running vmp bap with roush super charger set up. I just replaced it with this new DW fuel pump and it works flawlessly on my same 93 tune no changes other than swapping out fuel pump itself and removing the bap.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Just a heads up to anyone ordering the pump...
Both myself and a friend ordered them.
Arrived in the correct box, with the correct instructions.
Unfortunately, the bit that makes it “plug n play” (the wiring harness) was wrong :doh:
Not just mine, BOTH of them :shrug:
Also, the pump filter needed some work to make it fit. Nothing serious.
If you order one, just take the time to confirm that you have the right parts, that’s all.
Thanks to [MENTION=10868]AdrianMAK[/MENTION]. Although he didn’t sell me the pump, he was quite willing to try and help me out. Cheers mate :cheers:
Same goes for [MENTION=23751]Vogtland Mustang[/MENTION] as always, a complete gentleman, always happy to help.

Pics have been sent to DW, just waiting to hear back from them.
9256B019-CECD-465A-9D00-E6F828DCDDF5.jpeg

Last edited:

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
gt350 has a fuel pressure sensor. in the rail I would think two of these would allow for e85 provided the injectors flow and they can keep the rail at the correct pressure for the flow volume.

Is this correct?

do the oem fuel pump controllers support these pumps provided the wiring supports current draw?

yonson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 A10 401A, '16 RCSB 5.0
gt350 has a fuel pressure sensor. in the rail I would think two of these would allow for e85 provided the injectors flow and they can keep the rail at the correct pressure for the flow volume.

Is this correct?

do the oem fuel pump controllers support these pumps provided the wiring supports current draw?
I was going to do the GT350 pump setup on my F-150 however it has a dual pump setup (as well as dual driver modules), so you would need to wire in an additional module as well...

Do you have a GT350? if so I "believe" they use the same driver modules as the GT just 2 of them, but it's been a while since I checked the part numbers...

**EDIT**

Just checked and the part number is the same for the fuel pump driver modules on the GT/GT350...

Last edited:

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
The GT350 and GT control the pumps differently. The GT350 pumps should be externally regulated as in the GT350 they use FRP to vary the voltage to the pumps. The GT does not have this ability.

You can run two FPDM's or wire the GT350 pumps like you would any other return style system and use the factory trigger wires to the FPDM to trigger the relays for the GT350 pumps.

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
I was looking into this setup to run e85 on my PC setup and checked with Lund before I pulled the Trigger. Jon said they will not be tuning for e85+Boost with this pump.

Thought I would pass that info along for us Lund tune users.

Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
U talking about the DW pump or the gt350 pumps,they tuned mined,had some problems but got it all worked out.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto

Is this correct?

The only thing u use the fpm for is to trigger the relays on.U use a new heavy guage wire harness when install the gt350 pumps,2 relays.My bad man u were referring to using a single dw pump in a gt,Sorry.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
I was looking into this setup to run e85 on my PC setup and checked with Lund before I pulled the Trigger. Jon said they will not be tuning for e85+Boost with this pump.

Thought I would pass that info along for us Lund tune users.
Yea last I heard they wanted a car locally to test, so for time bring its fuel system for E85.

Check06

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang P1X GT
This video shows the install. Did it on mine fairly easily.
Sponsored