AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
Uh yes it does. Lund has already stated a stock pump has pressure drop to around 36-38psi at 7200 on 10psi and E85. And the only way this pump will work is if the pressure drop stays above 55psi at 7500. And they've already tested it on a n '18 and it still has trouble keeping up with 850rwhp WITH a BAP and DI in the loop.

If you used this pump you'd have to compensate with injectors if you were pushing it ( bad idea)...just my .02
It does not require tuning, you can simply , at no point has Lund or anyone said it requires tuning. Only thing that requires tuning is if you change to E85 or another type of fuel than what you currently run.

we have the kits available as well

https://www.teambeefcakeracing.com/dw-9-403-1047.html

but, what lund is saying, is that no one is actually measuring f/p yet. just because a large injector is maintaing a/f, doesn't mean the f/p is not dropping.

few hundrew for pumps, few hundred for bap. i just don't understand why everyone is so scared to spend $ on fuel.

30-45k car, 8k in blower, 3-6k in other mods.
fuel system......spend as little as humanly possible.

seen this time and time again for years. we have quality full systems for 1295. i'll sell whatever guys want, but why play with fuel?
I understand where your coming from as people do tend to skimp on things that are rather critical, but I wouldn't call this playing with fuel. This is at its core, the opposite. Its a Higher flowing fuel pump, its exactly what we tell people to get, higher flowing pumps because they are more reliable. If your willing to sell BAPs, then you can't call this playing with fuel.
Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
I read it and shake my head too...spend thousands on headers, intakes, exhaust, blower kits, wheels/tires, suspension and try to get by with bare minimum on fuel system. Everyone likes to save money, I get it, but fuel system isn’t the area to do it. Buy the Paxton kit and save cash, buy china headers and save, buy lightly used wheels and save, but buy a real multi pump return fuel system that your build goal requires.

Doesn’t make logical sense when having sufficient fuel is the only thing standing between a healthy or a torched motor.
Your under the assumption that everyone is going e-85 maybe because your on it, but that's just not the case with everyone else...some of us don't have access to e-85, some of us travel distances with our cars and don't want to have to plot out where to get e-85...etc. Like is said i know i'm gonna be running gas so why pay $1500 and up for a fuel system to run on pump.

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
I read it and shake my head too...spend thousands on headers, intakes, exhaust, blower kits, wheels/tires, suspension and try to get by with bare minimum on fuel system. Everyone likes to save money, I get it, but fuel system isn’t the area to do it. Buy the Paxton kit and save cash, buy china headers and save, buy lightly used wheels and save, but buy a real multi pump return fuel system that your build goal requires.

Doesn’t make logical sense when having sufficient fuel is the only thing standing between a healthy or a torched motor.

If your HP goal is 750HP why wouldn't this be sufficient? You don't need a multi-pump system to make 750HP. Getting by on a stock pump and a BAP is bare minimum, this would be one of the correct ways to do it.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
once lund gets some actual pressure readings on the 15-17, we'll have a better idea of what it actually does.

for the guys that push it, even the twin hat sai systems some guys end up needing a bap. so you spend more than you could have for a complete fore setup.

the 18 is different as it has the di setup as well. but that really means nothing to 15-17 guys. i spoke to justin at fore as well, and he said the pumps def generate alot of heat, and that they can't be staged. they looked at them for their setups,

again, once we get some f/p numbers on boosted setups, and see where they run out at, we'll know better

In your opinion Terry, is this a better solution than a BAP for those wanting to run 93 and say 700-750whp?
for sure, fuel / race gas can the system can supply 33% more fuel or so, def from that perspective, not a bad idea

From my standpoint I'm sticking with gas only so this pump set up would be perfect for me. I know to get the max out of e-85 you go with a fore fuel system. I dont have to change anything with my car as i am now but whats $259 for a little added insurance?
exactly

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
lots of talk concerning pressure drop at higher flow rates. How are the 5.0 guys monitoring, or regulating the pressure at the rail?

Sponsored

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
monitoring via a 3rd party fuel pressure gauge. Regulating on the stock system. It has a pressure relief valve in tank that blows off at 58Psi

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
lots of talk concerning pressure drop at higher flow rates. How are the 5.0 guys monitoring, or regulating the pressure at the rail?
thats the exact issue, is most people don't actually monitor, they just say a/f good so i'm good!

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
thats the exact issue, is most people don't actually monitor, they just say a/f good so i'm good!
I monitor Fuel Pressure thru my Ngauge with a Zietronix ZT-2. Terry [MENTION=10926]beefcake[/MENTION] and the guys at Finishline Performance set it all up for me when the Whipple went on. It boggles my mind why people always want to skimp or "just get by" with fuel systems. :doh:

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
OK, That's kinda my point, if the ECU doesn't have the fuel pressure it will not know to even increase PW, or how to factor slope for pressure. Jesus.

So they just inadvertently tune around a lack of information by adding to the fuel tables based on what they assume or hope is a consistent pressure drop?

Holy shit Cletus.

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
OK, That's kinda my point, if the ECU doesn't have the fuel pressure it will not know to even increase PW, or how to factor slope for pressure. Jesus.

So they just inadvertently tune around a lack of information by adding to the fuel tables based on what they assume or hope is a consistent pressure drop?

Holy shit Cletus.
And with that in mind one would wonder what it would do to the tune if you install the fuel pump that would maintain the proper pressure would be able to calibrate and compensate for the additional fuel flow or will it just read off of the injector tables

Sponsored

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
Depending on injector and how it flows at different pressures, and the variance between pressure at volume between pumps at best, fuel trims would alert you something was amiss, worst case you would probably run pretty rich. That said it takes a ton of trim to set off a CEL so you should feel power actually decrease I would suspect.

And with that in mind one would wonder what it would do to the tune if you install the fuel pump that would maintain the proper pressure would be able to calibrate and compensate for the additional fuel flow or will it just read off of the injector tables

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Your under the assumption that everyone is going e-85 maybe because your on it, but that's just not the case with everyone else...some of us don't have access to e-85, some of us travel distances with our cars and don't want to have to plot out where to get e-85...etc. Like is said i know i'm gonna be running gas so why pay $1500 and up for a fuel system to run on pump.
I get what your saying and yes not everyone wants e85,but I'm on e85 and if I want to take a long trip or just run 93 for a bit,it takes 10 mins to change the tune.U and I are both running d1's u a d1x and after I wiped out my 15 motor on 93 with octanium at the same hp we are at now I was not taking that chance again.E85 is cheap!!! And much safer then 93.Its very easy for me to run both fuels and cost saving of the fuel.systems pays for itself in one track season without having to pay $80 to $150 in race fuel for one track day.But I also get your point about e85 not being very accessible in our area.

Tacostrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Roushcharged gt premium PP
Any updates on this?

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Why do people keep saying this is going cheap on fuel system without knowing what goals you have with car?? If you were buying a Hellion or Gen 3 whipple and setting it up at 15psi with E85 and you wanted this pump id say youre going cheap. Most people here have smaller blowers on less boost and just want a means to run E85 at around 700-740wheel. I know Im not trying to run 1000wheel, I like my setup, just feel like I can throw some E85 on it and be a bit faster without breaking the bank, I can keep my current 93 and 93+torco tunes and just add one more tune for E85 instead of starting from scratch. Im really hoping lund gets the data they need and green like using this setup for E85 on more mild boost setups.

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
Why do people keep saying this is going cheap on fuel system without knowing what goals you have with car?? If you were buying a Hellion or Gen 3 whipple and setting it up at 15psi with E85 and you wanted this pump id say youre going cheap. Most people here have smaller blowers on less boost and just want a means to run E85 at around 700-740wheel. I know Im not trying to run 1000wheel, I like my setup, just feel like I can throw some E85 on it and be a bit faster without breaking the bank, I can keep my current 93 and 93+torco tunes and just add one more tune for E85 instead of starting from scratch. Im really hoping lund gets the data they need and green like using this setup for E85 on more mild boost setups.
Exactly people are interpreting this as a fuel system replacement, its not marketed as such, its not sold as a such. It should not be expected to perform as such. Many guys on here have the right idea. Calling this a cheap out on a fuel system is just absurd.
Sponsored