Sponsored

driving shoes

VIPR01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 Gremlin
I normally wear tennis shoes, great for driving also when not playing Tennis. On Tuesday I switch it up to New Balance (with tube socks pulled to my knees) when I top off my flex tune with E85 (feel the corners better in 3rd)- I’ve also found that weekend track days my Tony Lamas usually only worn on Bdays, or steak night at Golden Corral/Texas Roadhouse give me more respect at the track & perfect rev matching while my mullet blows in the wind listening to Poisons greatest hits.
Sponsored

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Definitely there is a safety aspect. I don't wear any safety clothing and no one else does at the events I go to. But if you do enough performance driving, odds are eventually something will happen and the equipment could save you. I wouldn't mock anyone for wearing a suit/gloves/shoes/hans device etc.

I practice heel toe downshifts every time I drive, because IMO it's that difficult. Definitely it's different on a track than on the street, because you are pressing much harder on both the brakes and the throttle when on track. The thing that helped me the most with my heel toe was getting used to having the steering wheel set much higher. I used to set it down close to my legs. Having it set high in the car leaves a lot more room to move my right leg into position.
That part of my problem. Even at full height I can still hit the wheel. Im six foot five and thats after shrinking with age and my legs are a good part of that

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
Im 6’5. Cant find size 15…..best solution i found is size 14 saucony shoes

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Have you guys shopped for shoes lately? Nothing I pick out is available. Seems like another industry with issues.

Anyone have Sparco feedback? have a few buddies that swear by driving/racing shoes even for off track. Some of the rallies we do, I’ve heard racing shoes are amazing for scenarios where you spend hours of the day in the car, changing gears, etc.

Sponsored

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
I just googled Sparco racing shoes and discovered WalMart sells them as well.
😳

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Have you guys shopped for shoes lately? Nothing I pick out is available. Seems like another industry with issues.

Anyone have Sparco feedback? have a few buddies that swear by driving/racing shoes even for off track. Some of the rallies we do, I’ve heard racing shoes are amazing for scenarios where you spend hours of the day in the car, changing gears, etc.
I have not used the Sparco but know many who have. No complaints that Ive heard. As far as using them for street use, no thanks. I will walk the paddock with them but as soon as the day is over they are off. The same thing that makes them great driving shoes is the same thing that makes them lousy walking shoes

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Coupe, 2020 GT350 Heritage
All day

Screenshot_20221017_084805.jpg

Screenshot_20221017_084506.jpg

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
Adidas offers three colors to choose from, can't decide?! 🤔

Adilette_sandals_2004.jpg

😜

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I will walk the paddock with them but as soon as the day is over they are off. The same thing that makes them great driving shoes is the same thing that makes them lousy walking shoes

Yeah, I kinda figured this would be the case, and factored it in. Figure they'll be nice on thesse trips and ralleys where we spend aaallll day in the car though. But heard too much good to not give it a try. I ordered four sets, LOL...I'll return the three I don't like. Not a single thing local around me where you can go look or try anything on.

Sponsored

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Yeah, I kinda figured this would be the case, and factored it in. Figure they'll be nice on thesse trips and ralleys where we spend aaallll day in the car though. But heard too much good to not give it a try. I ordered four sets, LOL...I'll return the three I don't like. Not a single thing local around me where you can go look or try anything on.
That not unusual. Not many race apparel shops around

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
For my last pair I actually bought a pair of wrestling shoes. Same feel as driving shoes at less then half the price. And you get them at any sport apprarel store.
Sponsored