Drivetrain supporting mods with mt-82

Wernerj18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Just put a Paxton kit on over the weekend and it makes the slop and bucking of the stock transmission much more noticeable. Doing a decent second gear to third gear pull feels terrible. I can feel the whole tranny move and makes it hard to hit 3rd gear.

Is there anything that might help make it not so bad? Mgw shifter? Cradle bushing lockout kit?
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Just put a Paxton kit on over the weekend and it makes the slop and bucking of the stock transmission much more noticeable. Doing a decent second gear to third gear pull feels terrible. I can feel the whole tranny move and makes it hard to hit 3rd gear.

Is there anything that might help make it not so bad? Mgw shifter? Cradle bushing lockout kit?
Differential bushing kit, complete shifter (Steeda MGW or Barton), cradle lockout kit, transmission bushing insert and vertical links. If you really want to cover all bases, consider polyurethane motor mounts too.

EEAF8D40-9891-4FB6-8EB0-A9B8AAD3633D.jpeg

432B9092-61B1-4ABC-8ADF-139480F1A1C3.jpeg

OP
OP

Wernerj18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Differential bushing kit, complete shifter (Steeda MGW or Barton), cradle lockout kit, transmission bushing insert and vertical links. If you really want to cover all bases, consider polyurethane motor mounts too.

EEAF8D40-9891-4FB6-8EB0-A9B8AAD3633D.jpeg

432B9092-61B1-4ABC-8ADF-139480F1A1C3.jpeg
Those look nice. Def going to pick these up. Gonna start with mgw and cradle lockout and see how that goes đź‘Ť

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Those look nice. Def going to pick these up. Gonna start with mgw and cradle lockout and see how that goes đź‘Ť
Those mods will definitely be a huge help. Note: Notice how I have a black bushing on top and red bushing on the bottom on the right side mount and the opposite for the driver’s side. This setup info. is in the instructions and is considered to be the drag race setup. It prevents engine torque-over which can lead to missed shifts too.

OP
OP

Wernerj18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Those mods will definitely be a huge help. Note: Notice how I have a black bushing on top and red bushing on the bottom on the right side mount and the opposite for the driver’s side. This setup info. is in the instructions and is considered to be the drag race setup. It prevents engine torque-over which can lead to missed shifts too.
Oh cool. So you can adjust it for what you want.

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Oh cool. So you can adjust it for what you want.
Yep. You can also adjust the height of the mounts to lower the engine up to 3/4” if you need to gain clearance for something like a supercharger or headers.

OP
OP

Wernerj18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Yep. You can also adjust the height of the mounts to lower the engine up to 3/4” if you need to gain clearance for something like a supercharger or headers.
Who makes them?

Gsus32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesus
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I did the steeda Tri ax race shifter and the steeda transmission mount insert and it made a huge difference have really had any issues missing gears and it feels solid!! Next step for me a is a BC transmission and clutch. Fwiw my car is an 18 GT with a vmp Odin

OP
OP

Wernerj18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I did the steeda Tri ax race shifter and the steeda transmission mount insert and it made a huge difference have really had any issues missing gears and it feels solid!! Next step for me a is a BC transmission and clutch. Fwiw my car is an 18 GT with a vmp Odin
How hard is it to change out that mount?

Also why bc? I've seen most go for mcleod clutch.

Sponsored

Gsus32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesus
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
How hard is it to change out that mount?

Also why bc? I've seen most go for mcleod clutch.
The mount was super easy took like 30 minutes including jacking up the car lol and I meant a Ben Calimer transmission, the clutch will be either a mantic of a lethal performance clutch.

OP
OP

Wernerj18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
The mount was super easy took like 30 minutes including jacking up the car lol and I meant a Ben Calimer transmission, the clutch will be either a mantic of a lethal performance clutch.
Nice. I would love to get a Ben calimer down the road.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Motor and transmission mounts is where the movement comes from. The cradle and diff lockouts are definitely a good upgrade but will not help with this issue

MD_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium w/ Performance Package
I have the same kit (Paxton). The MGW shifter will change your life...

OP
OP

Wernerj18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Motor and transmission mounts is where the movement comes from. The cradle and diff lockouts are definitely a good upgrade but will not help with this issue
I figured there would be more movement somewhere other than the mounts. I'm def going to start with the mounts then possibly mgw. Why would the lockout not help?
Sponsored