Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
OPG and TS for sure

350GT IM, not really needed but if you rev high or plan to really go for it, do it. You could also look at the sniper intake and/or the Boss 302

If this is your first boosted V8 then your really don't need anything outside one of the packages Beefcake or Lethal can sell you. You will have enough on your hands to worry about with 600+ whp...

Welcome to the site but I do need to warn you, there is a ton of info on here about this subject and others you will inevitably ask questions about. Search first or you better have thick skin....
Sponsored

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
I did the OPGs and Crank Sprocket but also had the GT350 IM NA and wanted to take advantage of it. You're going to need a clutch eventually but there are quite a few examples of them holding up pretty well under non-track conditions, mine is currently doing fine at 1k miles of hard street driving. I don't think half shafts are completely necessary unless dragging the car either personally. I think it's highly unlikely you're going to catch enough traction from a roll to snap them (though I acknowledge it is possible). GT350 IM is not necessary and can be added later if you're in search of higher numbers. You can make ~650whp safely on pump gas with a stage 2 without it so at the end of the day, I don't think its really worth it unless you're chasing numbers. Injectors aren't really in question. Go ID1000s for plenty of head room.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Is the stock bottom end safe to 7800+ on boost with opg/css? I'm planning on keeping it around 74-7500.

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
Is the stock bottom end safe to 7800+ on boost with opg/css? I'm planning on keeping it around 74-7500.
Safe is subjective, I go to 7750 cause 7800 seems really high! There are plenty of folks spinning 7500+. I think PC limits there tune to stock redline, Lund goes above 7500 so again, kinda subjective based on the tuner.

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
So I see in the ProCharger installation instructions it says you should have a manifold boost pressure gauge, fuel pressure gauge and a wide band oxygen sensor and gauge. What's a cost effective option for these three gauges. Does everyone who installs the kit have these like they say you should? They say the gauges should be visible while driving during wide-open throttle road test.

Sponsored

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
I soft limited to 7500. Car makes a ton of power why go higher?

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
So I see in the ProCharger installation instructions it says you should have a manifold boost pressure gauge, fuel pressure gauge and a wide band oxygen sensor and gauge. What's a cost effective option for these three gauges. Does everyone who installs the kit have these like they say you should? They say the gauges should be visible while driving during wide-open throttle road test.
The nGauge will be able to do all of that with a few add ons. I do not have fuel pressure. The s550 comes with factory widebands.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
So what are people's opinion on leaving a JMS PedalMax installed in a car getting a ProCharger Stage 2? Debating on whether to uninstall the thing or not? Will it get in the way or mess with the tune that comes from ProCharger? [MENTION=11041]ProChargerTECH[/MENTION] do you have any suggestion or info on this?
Personally if it was my car, I wouldn't run one.

OP
OP

CoyoteGriffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I did the OPGs and Crank Sprocket but also had the GT350 IM NA and wanted to take advantage of it. You're going to need a clutch eventually but there are quite a few examples of them holding up pretty well under non-track conditions, mine is currently doing fine at 1k miles of hard street driving. I don't think half shafts are completely necessary unless dragging the car either personally. I think it's highly unlikely you're going to catch enough traction from a roll to snap them (though I acknowledge it is possible). GT350 IM is not necessary and can be added later if you're in search of higher numbers. You can make ~650whp safely on pump gas with a stage 2 without it so at the end of the day, I don't think its really worth it unless you're chasing numbers. Injectors aren't really in question. Go ID1000s for plenty of head room.
This^ I didn't realize the PC numbers were that high! I'm doing a stage 2 for the simple fact that it's not tying my serpentine belt and boost together. That and it leaves room to expand. Will be doing the red "race" BOV also

Sponsored
OP
OP

CoyoteGriffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Thinking about doing the performance pack gauge swap as some have done. Only thing is I'll have the oil pressure as a dead gauge. And have boost in a factory location (I'm a base model) Any other CLEAN ways to mount gauges besides the pillars?

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Searching around for the Ngauge boost sensor module I found a "Boost Box Plus", but it is only on some obscure websites and it says it's for the Lund version. I have the Ngauge from ProCharger, so it's not Lunds. Anyone have one of these mounted with a non-Lund Ngauge? Also anyone have any info on where a good place to buy one?

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
Searching around for the Ngauge boost sensor module I found a "Boost Box Plus", but it is only on some obscure websites and it says it's for the Lund version. I have the Ngauge from ProCharger, so it's not Lunds. Anyone have one of these mounted with a non-Lund Ngauge? Also anyone have any info on where a good place to buy one?
Should work fine with the non Lund version. You can call Lund to be sure they are good guys. It is called the Boost+ on their website.

I will add one tid bit of info on the Boost+. Mine has been reading wrong for what looks like since I have had it. Finally fully verified that with multiple data points. Lund seemed like this was the first failure so we are doing an exchange. If the next one doesnt work correctly I will do a write up on my experience with this add on...

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Should work fine with the non Lund version. You can call Lund to be sure they are good guys. It is called the Boost+ on their website.

I will add one tid bit of info on the Boost+. Mine has been reading wrong for what looks like since I have had it. Finally fully verified that with multiple data points. Lund seemed like this was the first failure so we are doing an exchange. If the next one doesnt work correctly I will do a write up on my experience with this add on...
Har far off was it?

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

Thanks. I'm also curious how off the gauge is on boost. Keep us posted on your results.
Sponsored