Drivetrain supporting mods with mt-82

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Because you are not going to get shifter movement from reared movement. they are mounted completely independent of one another. so you’re rearend can go shooting out from under your car and your shifter will probably never even wiggle. Has to be something that holds your transmission in place which is a transmission mounts and the motor mounts. When you are WOT your engine lifts up on the driver side and throws your shifter to the passenger side because It is trying to flip over. The only thing really stopping it are motor mounts and transmission mount. the shifter is not gonna move independently of the transmission unless it is just not bolted down but it is going to go wherever the engine/tells it to. A quality shifter is gonna help you in many ways but it’s not going to stop The Movement because no matter what shifter you have it’s still bolts to the transmission. So if the transmission moves the shifter moves
Actually, this is false. Ford started using a remote mounted shifter on all manual cars in 2005. On the S-550 the shifter is mounted under the trans tunnel and uses a link rod to connect the shifter to the trans. When the engine and trans torque over, the shifter stays put and now you get a misalignment of the link rod. When that happens you get hard shifting. Poly mount bushing will lessen the movement and a shifter mounting bracket Like the blowfish one will do wonders. The blowfish bracket now attaches the shifter to the trans so when the trans torques over, the shifter moves with it, no more misalignment.
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Ah gotcha. Just seems like something is up cuz sometimes when I upshift I can feel it lurch back and forth if I shift at low rpms.
No whining or howling though right? If not you’re good. If I let my clutch out easily and let the engine pull the car forward at an idle and then tap the throttle very lightly (think parking lot speeds of just a few mph), I get a clunk, but that‘s normal with a manual transmission. I guarantee other owners of manual cars can affirm this.

OP
OP

Wernerj18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
No whining or howling though right? If not you’re good. If I let my clutch out easily and let the engine pull the car forward at an idle and then tap the throttle very lightly (think parking lot speeds of just a few mph), I get a clunk, but that‘s normal with a manual transmission. I guarantee other owners of manual cars can affirm this.
Yeah no noises. And yeah mine does the same thing you mentioned.
Sponsored