Documents I should get/keep - GT 350 forever car

Bobby Brain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition
Last year, I purchased at 2020 GT350 Heritage Edition. Saved all my life and this will be my car till they plant me. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on documents to get or keep, to document the car and/or its history. I have the owners kit, sticker, owners manual etc.. I always hear about build sheets, memorobilia, Certificates of Authenticity, getting in the Shelby registry, etc.. I've never had a car like this, and I'm having fun with it, but want to learn, so I'm not regretting something I missed ten years from now.

I'd appreciate any insight or suggestions on what I should be gathering. Thanks

One Year Old.JPG
Sponsored

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Not busting your chops hereā€¦.
I donā€™t get it. Why would you even care?
I mean if my intent was to keep something for life, why would I need any documentation?

Sponsored

PeteH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
What does it matter if you will never sell it?
1. Because it is part of the cars history
2. Because he may want to enter a car show some day and some of those items such as the window sticker, dealer brochures, owners manuals, etc. are good for bonus points at MCA shows.
3. The OP may have no plans on selling but he won't live forever. Unless the car is a total loss, there will be another owner sometime in the future and that documentation will add value to the car.

Should I keep going? LOL

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Certificates of authenticity and Shelby registry etc. I think are mostly just gimmicks to be honest.

I keep all my oil/filter/fluid invoices and photos of the odometer when I performed the maintenance. More so for any major warranty work down the line but I'm sure if you had a documented service history for your car it would be a plus in almost any context.

dom418

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2) 20 HEP-R, 20 Velocity Blue 350R, 20 Lime 350R
Back in the SVT days, Ford would send more personalized things in the mail. There were multiple letters addressed to the original owner from SVT and they would be mailed out in the first year of ownership.

Today the only thing they send is the owners kit.

Im not sure what else is worth keeping. For example your invite to the track attack. I kept everything they sent me that had my name on it.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Iā€™ve never bought a car and had that kind of desire to care that much, thatā€™s just me.
I understand wanting to pass it on to someone who will turn around and sell it though, happens all the time. Iā€™ve witnessed several times people dying and all there ā€œstuffā€ being auctioned off because family members donā€™t care about the ā€œstuffā€ left behind. Our passion is ours and not necessarily our survivors.
My owners kit has been tucked away since the day it was receivedā€¦.looked at then stored. Iā€™d rather drive the car than look at stuff. Again, thatā€™s just me.
Isnā€™t it great weā€™re not all the same.
Would be nice to here from the OP as to why he thinks itā€™s important.

OP
OP

Bobby Brain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Not busting your chops hereā€¦.
I donā€™t get it. Why would you even care?
I mean if my intent was to keep something for life, why would I need any documentation?
I have kids I'll be leaving it too. So bust my chops. I think it'll mean something to them and it could add to the value/story if they choose to sell it. When they plant me, I can go peacefully, knowing I left my kids a great car, with very well documented history. It's a point of pride. I care... Any suggestions?

Sponsored
OP
OP

Bobby Brain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Back in the SVT days, Ford would send more personalized things in the mail. There were multiple letters addressed to the original owner from SVT and they would be mailed out in the first year of ownership.

Today the only thing they send is the owners kit.

Im not sure what else is worth keeping. For example your invite to the track attack. I kept everything they sent me that had my name on it.
Thanks for the suggestion. I did keep all the TrackAttack stuff and kept the dealer's brochure. I also got a Build Date Letter from Ford. Gives build location and date with Ford letter head. Even though I knew it, it's just another add on. Also, since the car is a Heritage Edition, I picked up a couple of trinkets commemorating the 55th year and an RC car. In ten years, you won't see these for this model. I see things like this at car shows w/ some of the older cars and it adds a little.

Just trying to have fun, and leave something fun for my kids or someone else. Thanks again...

Heritage Stuff.jpg

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
I have kids I'll be leaving it too. So bust my chops. I think it'll mean something to them and it could add to the value/story if they choose to sell it. When they plant me, I can go peacefully, knowing I left my kids a great car, with very well documented history. It's a point of pride. I care... Any suggestions?

Thatā€˜s the best reason!
If I left it to my son heā€™d sell it ;-)

TENTEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 350 GT R
Go ahead and get you a copy of the 2016 Road & Track Performance Car of the Year. I got all the Greelight Track Attack 1/64 cars as well.

OP
OP

Bobby Brain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Go ahead and get you a copy of the 2016 Road & Track Performance Car of the Year. I got all the Greelight Track Attack 1/64 cars as well.
Will do. Thanks for the suggestion.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Last year, I purchased at 2020 GT350 Heritage Edition. Saved all my life and this will be my car till they plant me. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on documents to get or keep, to document the car and/or its history. I have the owners kit, sticker, owners manual etc.. I always hear about build sheets, memorobilia, Certificates of Authenticity, getting in the Shelby registry, etc.. I've never had a car like this, and I'm having fun with it, but want to learn, so I'm not regretting something I missed ten years from now.

I'd appreciate any insight or suggestions on what I should be gathering. Thanks

One Year Old.JPG
Not sure if you already have this documentation but for me having a copy of the original MSO (Certificate of Origin) from Ford Credit in Dearborn is always a pretty cool and very important piece of provenance?

Assuming that you purchased your 2020 HEP GT350 from the original selling dealership I suggest that you reach out to them and request either the original MSO or a copy as that would be outstanding in either scenario!

In addition is has always been my experience when purchasing a new Mustang that the selling Ford dealership would provide me with a second Window Sticker free of charge.

I don't ever recall being refused that request therefore I would give that a shot with your dealership as well as it is alway nice to have a second WS from Ford for any of our prized vehicles.

MSO - F0077.jpg
Sponsored