Sponsored

About to but new GT 350- should I do it?

Deleted member 37397

Not much else. Just a JLT oil catch can and an Air Raid washable cold air filter.
20180927_162732.jpg
Oh I did change to the airaid blue filter and got the ford catch cans as well. I did get an oil change And got the oil cooler recall done last week. New battery tender should be here Friday. I’ll probably order tire savers when I park it for good soon.
Sponsored

SmalliesRUs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Oh I did change to the airaid blue filter and got the ford catch cans as well. I did get an oil change And got the oil cooler recall done last week. New battery tender should be here Friday. I’ll probably order tire savers when I park it for good soon.
You are two steps ahead of me- didn't look into battery tenders yet. Mind sharing what you have learned?

Deleted member 37397

AirBusPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
The GT350 is simply the best Mustang ever built.

I'd never own a regular GT, I see a million of them every day, usually driven by high school kids.

But, not the GT350. Besides being FAR better looking of a car, it has real hardware.

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I'm in the same boat. I never thought I would have ever had owned a mustang but when I was in the market for the Focus RS, the Shelby some how came out of no where. Then I drove Eleanor and I was sold.

Sponsored

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
The GT350 is a very well balanced car. Both in terms of handling, but also in terms of how all the components work together in harmony. The chassis is setup to handle the power very well, the brakes have a great feel and are very good for the track, even in stock form, the interior isn't luxurious, but it also doesn't really have any ergonomic issues (I have the base model interior, which is actually extremely easy to use). It has a great stability control system that, when in track mode, can give a bit of leeway but still provide a decent safety net. It can also be fully defeated if one chooses. The ride can be somewhat floaty in normal mode (especially the rear), but tightens up nicely in sport mode. It is a great GT car, with plenty of room, the ability to easily connect a USB stick with all your music (or connect your phone).

It is true that the engine lacks torque below 3500 RPM, but it still has plenty for the street, plus, there's always 2nd gear if you need it.

It is true that the engine is closer to the edge than a Coyote, and with lower friction seals, which can lead to more oil consumption (mine is 1 quart/1500 miles or so).

It is true that some have lost an engine catastrophically, with no good explanation why.

But, if you get a good one (and most are), the car is just amazing. It is, IMO, just about the perfect intersection of rational and crazy. You get lots of the utility of a traditional Mustang, but with everything dialed in just right, with an exciting engine, and an awesome soundtrack (especially when the exhaust note is your music).

It isn't perfect, but it is damn close IMO.

-T

MustangGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, LB / White OTT
The GT350 is simply the best Mustang ever built.

I'd never own a regular GT, I see a million of them every day, usually driven by high school kids.

But, not the GT350. Besides being FAR better looking of a car, it has real hardware.
Exactly how I feel. I never thought I'd own another mustang when I sold my last one in 2006.. Since then I've owned BMW M's, Porsches, and Corvettes. Mustangs just weren't sports cars to me and I stopped even looking at them. BUT then- I test drove a friends R and it blew my mind to the point of becoming obsessed until I bought my GT350... and loved it so much I bought an R... all while easily being able to convert back over to another brand if I wanted. All my friend could do was smile and tell me "I told ya so!". I still thank him and give him the credit for making me appreciate this amazing car.

The only advice I could give to anyone on the fence- Find a used GT350 or GT350R and test drive one, and if it doesn't make an impression on you as a driver's car like it has most, then find something that does.

Uribe1992

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jose
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 50th anniversary
First time posting here guys,
Yesterday I went to check a 2018 gt350r here in California, and they wouldn’t budge on the 35k mark up. Although I got a good trade in value for my 50th anniversary edition, the mark up put the the car at over 100k. Does Anyone have any tips on how to get it as close to MSRP as possible.
Thanks

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Yesterday I went to check a 2018 gt350r here in California, and they wouldn’t budge on the 35k mark up. Although I got a good trade in value for my 50th anniversary edition, the mark up put the the car at over 100k. Does Anyone have any tips on how to get it as close to MSRP as possible.
Thanks
Find a dealer who has an R for MSRP (they are becoming more common), and have it shipped.

Cali seems crazy with ADMs because of all the money out there.

Sponsored

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Thanks
Most likely have to go out of state for an R. Not much chance for under MSRP anywhere. MSRP would be considered a real good deal. They're out there. I can testify to that but you have to scour the interwebs, make some calls and be ready to pull the trigger.

chopsui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
If you're just going to daily drive it. Save your money and get a GT with magneride and active exhaust. The magneride will firm up the suspension and make it ride very close to the Shelby. You can upgrade to the PP2 for an even firmer ride. If you're want a little more exclusivity, spring for a Bullitt. The Coyote is much smoother and more livable than the Voodoo.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
If you're just going to daily drive it. Save your money and get a GT with magneride and active exhaust. The magneride will firm up the suspension and make it ride very close to the Shelby. You can upgrade to the PP2 for an even firmer ride. If you're want a little more exclusivity, spring for a Bullitt. The Coyote is much smoother and more livable than the Voodoo.
... and I am the future president of the United States of America!

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
This is good sound advice...your Dad would give you.

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
I've had my GT350 for 8 months now. 12 track days, 1 set of pads on front, 2 oil changes and 1 quart added between changes. 158 mph is my best top speed and 1.3 g turns on Michelin Cup 2's. I've had a 13 and 15 GT both modified for the track and they don't hold a candle to the Shelby. Serious fun and I have been doing this 30 plus years.
12 track days and only front pads? My front pads were totally shot after 5 track days and rear were also 90% gone. Front rotors also needed resurfaced but not rear.

At least my R burns zero oil after 2400 miles and 7 track days now.
0EAD6429-4E69-43CC-8CBE-1AA9ED1F8F46.jpeg
Sponsored