Sponsored

About to but new GT 350- should I do it?

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
Off topic, but how have you only gone through one set of pads in 12 track days‽ I have done 3 days and *might* get one more day. Rears are also near end of life. I do not even do much street driving. Less than 3k mikes on the car.
Lol was thinking the same thing. My tires we’re toast after 4 days, pads see above after 5. Front tires wear much faster than rear on mostly track use. I need camber plates bad!

FWIW, I am usually the quickest car or very close to it in any of the track days I’ve done, neck and neck with zo6 and gt3 advanced group drives except they gain on the straights a little with pdk and/or less weight
Sponsored

15pgnatsum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
If you're just going to daily drive it. Save your money and get a GT with magneride and active exhaust. The magneride will firm up the suspension and make it ride very close to the Shelby. You can upgrade to the PP2 for an even firmer ride. If you're want a little more exclusivity, spring for a Bullitt. The Coyote is much smoother and more livable than the Voodoo.
I just got my daily driver 2017 GT350 (used, obviously, with only 3000 miles, but factory warranties still in play) for essentially the same price as a '19 GTPP2. Much happier as it looks better, sounds better, is just as simple to drive (but with a better quality transmission), will ultimately hold value better, and will likely outpace my driving abilities to the far future for the few times I do run it out at a track. Not regretting going this route as it ultimately didn't cost me any more money than a GT.

EDIT: Oops, feel free to disregard. Forgot I was in the "Buy new" thread. Nonetheless, totally a cool daily driver...

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Lol was thinking the same thing. My tires we’re toast after 4 days, pads see above after 5. Front tires wear much faster than rear on mostly track use. I need camber plates bad!

FWIW, I am usually the quickest car or very close to it in any of the track days I’ve done, neck and neck with zo6 and gt3 advanced group drives except they gain on the straights a little with pdk and/or less weight
I didn't get a lot of days out of my pads either. I think 4 days and an autocross, now it rolls on ST43s.

This car definitely catapults you up near the front of the pack. Last time I was out the only thing that had anything for me was a gutted/caged STI on full slicks. He would slowly catch me and once I let him go past he would park it and force me to follow him around.

GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
1. If you think the S550 Performance Pack has a worse ride quality than the GT350 you haven't driven both. Magneride has a better ride quality due to less body movement and better damping.

2. I ran a cost analysis between a 2018 GT350 and a 2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack 1, here are the results:

Tire cost via TireRack:

GT350 OEM Michelin PSS Front: $346, Rear: $337, Total: $1366.
GTPP1 OEM Michelin PS4S Front: $276, Rear: $321, Total: $1194.

Delta: GT350 costs $172 more in tires.

Note: 295/35R19 Michelin PS4S are $363, the 305/35R19 is currently unavailable.

Oil via AMSOIL:

GT350 10 Quarts of 5w50 Signature Series (15k OCI): $133
GTPP1 10 Quarts of 5w20 Signature Series (15k OCI): $128

Delta: GT350 costs $5 more in oil.

Oil Filter via AMSOIL:

GT350 AMSOIL Ea Oil Filter: $21
GTPP1 AMSOIL Ea Oil Filter: $18

Delta: GT350 costs $3 more in oil filters.

Brake Pads via AmericanMuscle:

GT350 Front Pair Power Stop Z16: $50, Rear Pair Power Stop Z16: $30, Total: $80
GTPP1 Front Pair Power Stop Z16: $37, Rear Pair Power Stop Z16: $24, Total: $61

Delta: GT350 costs $19 more in brake pads.

Note: I only chose Z16 pads as they were the only direct comparison I could make. I would recommend more aggressive pads on both vehicles.

Brake Rotors via Tasca:

GT350 OEM Front Rotor: $227, Rear Rotor: $226, Total: $903
GTPP1 OEM Front Rotor: $119, Rear Rotor: $47, Total: $325

Delta: GT350 costs $578 more in brake rotors.

Note: While the rotors are much more expensive on the GT350 than the GT Performance Pack 1, they are much more efficient which will improve the longevity. Additionally no lower cost brake rotor alternatives for the GT350 exist at this time.

Air Filter via CJ Pony Parts:

GT350 Lifetime K&N Air Filter: $60
GTPP1 Lifetime K&N Air Filter: $55

Delta: GT350 costs $5 (9%) more for an air filter.

Note: The dry washable AirRaid is preferred over oiled alternatives for the GT350 but for comparison I had to use K&N.

So in total you will only spend $782 more in regular maintenance on a GT350 than a GT Performance Pack 1.

So what are you waiting for?
Sponsored