Do you drive in quiet mode?

jwt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
I realize that if you only use your mustang for fun or at weekends this probably doesn't apply as much.

For the last few weeks I have found myself mainly city driving and commuting in quiet mode. I can give it a bit more gas off the lights without feeling everyone is looking at me because the car sounds like I am trying to do a 0-60 off the lights at 20% throttle. I can give it a bit more gas to accelerate past someone to overtake or slot in front merging without feeling like I look like I am giving it loads or some such. I feel I can make "progress" without the whole world looking around to see what the hell is going by.

In general I find I can drive a more spirited fashion without drawing attention to myself. Again this is in town or commuting so I am not talking about stupid driving or being an a**hole, just not driving like Miss Daisy is my passenger.

There again I was always a big fan of sleeper cars so maybe it's just me :)
Sponsored

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Only in quiet mode when leaving for work in morning. After 9am itā€™s back in normal. Havenā€™t played around with sport or track yet. Donā€™t want any extra attention šŸ˜

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT fastback. PP, 50th trim, Black
Always in quiet mode.. a 2015 GT with H pipe and Roush axle back.
I try not to hit the loud pedal when leaving for work at 6:30.

Sponsored

SHxTGUN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP2
Kind of different for me cause I never had factory active exhaust but:

I very recently switched to an aftermarket valved system exactly for the reasons you mentioned. I used to have an MBRP Race and it was just loud loud loud (but sounded good) all the time. So, like you said, when applying even 20% throttle from a stop, it sounded like I was trying to drag race everybody. Now that I have the valves, I've been driving in "quiet" mode a lot and it's so nice being able to actually press the gas peddle again without everyone around me hearing me and not having to manage the throttle off a stoplight to worry about crazy sound. It's great, I missed that feeling. Having the choice to have valves closed/open was the perfect solution for me.

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
I realize that if you only use your mustang for fun or at weekends this probably doesn't apply as much.

For the last few weeks I have found myself mainly city driving and commuting in quiet mode. I can give it a bit more gas off the lights without feeling everyone is looking at me because the car sounds like I am trying to do a 0-60 off the lights at 20% throttle. I can give it a bit more gas to accelerate past someone to overtake or slot in front merging without feeling like I look like I am giving it loads or some such. I feel I can make "progress" without the whole world looking around to see what the hell is going by.

In general I find I can drive a more spirited fashion without drawing attention to myself. Again this is in town or commuting so I am not talking about stupid driving or being an a**hole, just not driving like Miss Daisy is my passenger.

There again I was always a big fan of sleeper cars so maybe it's just me :)
I'm having Varex active exhaust where you can set valve openings in 1% increments, but I also tend to drive it in either quiet (fully closed) or little valve opening modes lately if it is routine drive. Initially it was full open once left neighborhood.

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Quiet mode in residential areas and my neighborhood from 9pm to 9am

#1ford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt premium convertble antimatter blue
Vehicle Showcase
I set it always in quiet mode but drive in normal mode .

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
I have quiet mode as the exhaust setting in the mymode (or whatever they call the dumb thing). I run normal steering and the drag mode for dash. I call it BMW mode... Only use it when I have a passenger I want to talk to ;-)

Sponsored

KeyLime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lenny
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT/CS Convertible
Quiet mode early in the morning until I'm on a busy thoroughfare/freeway. Then normal mode. I have nice neighbors. Like you I'm self conscious about making too much noise at other times. I don't romp on it in the middle of traffic. I don't want to be one of "Those Guys." Granted the Mustang sounds a lot better than a Mazda or Nissan with a coffee can exhaust.

David Schmidt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 PP1 401A
I use quiet mode in my neighborhood, and when I'm driving the missus around. I love the quiet but angry growl it makes. And romp on it, and the valve opens up anyway.

When there are pedestrians about (once I get downtown), I put it in sport so they can hear me coming. It's for their safety, really.

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
I actually vary this up quite a bit. For context, my Mach 1 is a nice day daily driver for me. If I am leaving before 7 am or coming back in after 8 pm, she is in quiet mode in my neighborhood. Outside of those hours, it is normal mode through the neighborhood. Once out of there, it goes into MyMode which is sport on the exhaust. On Friday's coming out of work or if I am going to/leaving any car show or Mustang club event, it is in track. I didn't realize how loud track is until I participated in a cruise in type event where a guy had his GoPro on watching the line of us leave. Even among a number of aftermarket exhausts pulling out, the track setting on this car was one of the louder cars under acceleration.

spaz mk will

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I use it quite a lot, even more after an X pipe. Itā€™s pretty boomy in the rear seat otherwise and I have toddler back there who deserves a chance to ruin his hearing later haha. You also get to hear a nice intake tone when there is less exhaust volume. I do find myself driving faster in quiet if you can believe it, I think because I donā€™t hear my speed via exhaust. Itā€™s a good stealth option.

Otherwise Iā€™m in normal when Iā€™m alone 90% of the time, sport if I want to hear a big pop on every up shift. Track isnā€™t as good after the x pipe, I think you lose tone because itā€™s so loud and doesnā€™t reflect to the cabin as well if that makes sense.

Active exhaust is a great option because I like to have choices.
Sponsored