Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech Metallic

jlwdvm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 350R, '13 Boss 302, '15 Z/28, '69 TA
I had the Steeda on my '16 350. I now have a '17 350R and realize that I still have the stock clutch feel. Can we run with no spring at all?

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
People say if you run without a spring, it's possible that the weight of the clutch pedal would keep pressure resting on your throwout bearing and cause premature wear. Seems to me that $20 for a light duty spring is worth eliminating that risk.

GrabberBootyBlue88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I have my Steeda clutch spring put in about a week ago and so far, so good. It is lighter for sure than the stock springs.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
I have my Steeda clutch spring put in about a week ago and so far, so good. It is lighter for sure than the stock springs.
The Steeda spring is so good if I was a dealership I'd offer it as an upgrade. Maybe I'd call it the, "FFFUP", short for Fixed Ford's Fu$k UP.

Sponsored

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
It's an improvement over the stock spring but still not as good as no spring at all IMO. Think I'm going to go with no spring.
Update: after using the steeda spring for a while I decided to pull it and try driving with no spring.

The result: MUCH BETTER.

And the clutch pedal doesn't seem to rest on, or I any way keep pressure on the clutch itself. I don't see any truth to the theory about putting pressure on the clutch or throw out bearing.

SVTinAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2003 Lightning & ERA FE Cobra
I understand (but can't swear to it) that Ford uses a constant contact-rated throw out bearing so even if the bearing is lightly in contact with the cutch and spinning, it's designed for doing so.

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
Stock spring is beyond horrible - laugh at the guys who say that it's more linear then the steeda. That is just hilarious and obviously comes from oblivious folks , lol .
The steeda spring is a huge huge upgrade over the stock mush and that's what I run.
I also liked no spring as well , probably slightly better then the steeda. Problem for me was with no spring as good as it felt, I had about a quarter inch of play and or sag at the top of my pedal if you touched it with your finger and gently pushed down. Ultimately I do not know if that is doing damage to the clutch. So being that the steeda is almost as good as no spring I just decided to rock the steeda and not take the chance .
The stock spring is in the garbage where it belongs.