Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
Haven't posted here in a while (extremely busy). Sorry to report bad news. Last week while driving I got caught in a bit of rain. I transitioned to slippery mode and shortly thereafter the display read "select manual mode". At that point I noticed the trans was not up-shifting during acceleration. I then selected manual mode and was able to shift via paddles. I came to a stop in traffic, and continued on. I was just a few blocks from home. After a second stop in traffic the car would not accelerate, almost as if neutral was selected. The display showed reduced power. I was able to coast out of the intersection into a parking lot. I cycled the ignition, the fault cleared and the trans appeared to be operating normally. I made it home and set up service for this morning. Upon starting the car today I selected reverse to exit my garage, No luck. Selected neutral, no luck. Selected drive, no luck. No fault messages were displayed. I will have it towed to the dealer and keep you all posted.

Screenshot_20211029-074013_FordPass.jpg
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Hey Patrick,

Wow, bummer. May I ask how many miles are on the car?

OP
OP
Patio208

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
Hate to hear about that man.

While the DCT is amazing when in it's element (WOT), I would also refer to it as a little quirky when normally driving down the street. It doesn't seem to like quick on/off/on the gas scenarios and mine at least gets a little clunky at low speed.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
DuRsT: What mode are you normally in? I concur with the low RPM throttle presses, in all except Track, and perhaps that's what you mean by "clunky." There's a momentary hesitation while the box seems to attempt to decide what you want.

Sponsored

gfcobra04

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cobra R, 94 Lightning, 2020 GT500
Haven't posted here in a while (extremely busy). Sorry to report bad news. Last week while driving I got caught in a bit of rain. I transitioned to slippery mode and shortly thereafter the display read "select manual mode". At that point I noticed the trans was not up-shifting during acceleration. I then selected manual mode and was able to shift via paddles. I came to a stop in traffic, and continued on. I was just a few blocks from home. After a second stop in traffic the car would not accelerate, almost as if neutral was selected. The display showed reduced power. I was able to coast out of the intersection into a parking lot. I cycled the ignition, the fault cleared and the trans appeared to be operating normally. I made it home and set up service for this morning. Upon starting the car today I selected reverse to exit my garage, No luck. Selected neutral, no luck. Selected drive, no luck. No fault messages were displayed. I will have it towed to the dealer and keep you all posted.

Make sure the tow truck has ramps to get the car on the flat bed. See the GT500 supplement about towing starting on page 30.
E445AB95-6F71-4C8E-93E2-F25B8F700F55.jpeg

OP
OP
Patio208

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
Make sure the tow truck has ramps to get the car on the flat bed. See the GT500 supplement about towing starting on page 30.
E445AB95-6F71-4C8E-93E2-F25B8F700F55.jpeg
You better believe I read all of this 😆. After a few attempts to tow it from my garage I was somehow able to drive 2 miles to my dealer. Now the problem will be seeing if they can reproduce the issue.

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
DuRsT: What mode are you normally in? I concur with the low RPM throttle presses, in all except Track, and perhaps that's what you mean by "clunky." There's a momentary hesitation while the box seems to attempt to decide what you want.
I almost never drive with it in Track Mode, I'm always in Normal or Sport. TBF if I'm in Normal Mode it's only because I forgot to put it in Sport.

The clunkiness I'm talking about is usually when the car isn't really warmed up, and you accelerate until right before it shifts, and then take your foot off the gas. When it goes to the next gear it's a bit awkward. Oddly enough if I was to stay on the gas it would shift incredibly fast/smooth.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

Your issue sounds similar to this one, very closely:
https://www.fordgt500.com/threads/2020-gt500-gearbox-clutch-failure.195424/

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Jan 13 2021 1534 - 2020 Mustang GT500 - Various Transmission Related Concerns And/Or Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs)
Some 2020 Mustang GT500 vehicles may exhibit various transmission related concerns and/or DTCs. In addition to following normal Workshop Manual (WSM) diagnostics, inspect C105, an inline connector next to the right side valve cover, for signs of pushed out terminals, terminal damage, or harness damage. If any pushed out terminals, terminal damage, or harness damage is found, repair as necessary.

Also...

GT500 DCT Bulletin from Ford Service.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

JeremyPro5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 & 2018 GT350R
May or may not be helpful.
My car had DCT shifting issues at one point. I ended up unplugging connectors in engine bay near strut tower. Blew them out lightly with clean shop air and then reconnected them.
Problems went away and luckily to date have not yet returned.

maybe you have a bad connection or seal and water got in or condensation screwing with wiring.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maybe you have a bad connection or seal and water got in or condensation screwing with wiring.
Exactly what I was thinking when he said "Last week while driving I got caught in a bit of rain..."

Rubyred17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
May or may not be helpful.
My car had DCT shifting issues at one point. I ended up unplugging connectors in engine bay near strut tower. Blew them out lightly with clean shop air and then reconnected them.
Problems went away and luckily to date have not yet returned.

Would you mind snapping a picture of the connection you are referring to?

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)