Sponsored

Dash cam and mounting options?

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
Amazon sells a short adapter and just plugged it into the back of the mirror. No messy wires hanging around or having to try and run 12 feet of wire through the interior panels.
Can you provide the link? I’m interested but have a hard time finding it with minimal cellphone signal at the moment.

Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0

FinitePrimus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Same here (in the daily), but I thought the mini 2 is 1080 (or it is in the UK). That's kind of forgivable though given its dimensions and ability to hide/ blend in with other stuff. Mustang key on the right :

1685105115218.jpeg

I powered mine from the Garmin OBD adaptor which can be set to keep it powered for 10 mins, 24 hours or permanently and it has protection in it to shut down if the car battery gets too low.

If my home wifi had a better signal down the drive (I'm going to boost it), it would give it enough time to upload it's clippings to the cloud, or let me connect to it remotely so I could see the drive / front door and give an extra backup to the house CCTV.

WD :like:
Me three! This is a great cam and very small footprint. Mini2.

OP
OP

oguruma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-250
How do uses get their video off their dashcams, typically?

Does it constantly record and when you have an incident, you have to comb through all that video and export the timelines that you need?

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

Does it constantly record and when you have an incident, you have to comb through all that video and export the timelines that you need?
yea the mini2 has a microsd card you just plug into your computer and look for the time, they recommend every couple months to format the card which I think erases it?

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
yea the mini2 has a microsd card you just plug into your computer and look for the time, they recommend every couple months to format the card which I think erases it?
I’ve just been connecting it to my phone (it sets up its own WiFi) and downloading them directly.

You can also format the card from the phone and direct from the camera.

Yes, it constantly records - but if it senses an incident (impact) or if you tell it (press manual button or voice recognition) it will separate those recordings and permanently save them so they are easy to find.

When it gets in WiFi it will automatically upload them to the vault (and keep them free for 24 hours - longer if you subscribe). The vault can be accessed from anywhere via your smartphone.

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I’ve just been connecting it to my phone (it sets up its own WiFi) and downloading them directly.

You can also format the card from the phone and direct from the camera.

Yes, it constantly records - but if it senses an incident (impact) or if you tell it (press manual button or voice recognition) it will separate those recordings and permanently save them so they are easy to find.

When it gets in WiFi it will automatically upload them to the vault (and keep them free for 24 hours - longer if you subscribe). The vault can be accessed from anywhere via your smartphone.

I accelerate and brake so hard mine gives that beep thinking I'm in a crash everyday :crackup:

smokescreens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
2014 impala, 2017 HD. 2018 Royal C mustang gt pp1
Blackvue for me. Forward and rear camera. Fuse tap in the fuse block on the passenger kickpanel.

Jpump

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1(Need For Green)
Blackvue DR900X-2CH mounted in my car using the mounts that came with the camera and hardwired to the passenger footwell fuse panel.

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I used a Vantrue N4. Has a front, inside and rear camera. I just ran/hid wires in the headiner and along the doors. I didn't hardwire it. It worked very well and best of all withstood the Florida heat without any issues. I've tried other brands and none held up to the heat. The downfall is no wifi and the /mph is a seperate piece you have to buy for it. They do have the N5 coming out June 1st which has all of it. Since I sold the Mustang I don't use it in my new car because there's no way to connect it unless I hardwire it which I might do or run it to the back of the center consule.

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Garmin Mini 2 in the truck, some ancient 2015 dash cam in the mustang, with a wire down the headliner to a tapped fuse in the fuse box in the passenger footwell.

See if Dongar Technologies has an adapter for your rear view mirror power (if you have it). They have adapters for some mustangs, but I don't have all the details. I use on on the truck and its the easiest possible install.

wynand32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT California Special
So, a general question. Do you guys remove the dashcam when you leave the car, or do you just leave it in and not worry about someone deciding they want to smash and grab?

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6-speed. 2015 F-250XLT,73 Torino
FitcamX has an integrated camera that replaces the whole cover with the rain sensor. Video has to be downloaded to the app while powered up or pull the card and use a computer.

Screenshot_20230527_180112_Chrome.jpg

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
See if Dongar Technologies has an adapter for your rear view mirror power (if you have it). They have adapters for some mustangs, but I don't have all the details. I use on on the truck and its the easiest possible install.
I have the Dongar in mine and love it. Mine has the lane keep and adaptive cruse though. Depending on the model, they have several options.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
So, a general question. Do you guys remove the dashcam when you leave the car, or do you just leave it in and not worry about someone deciding they want to smash and grab?
I don't worry about it. Mine is a cheap camera, nothing too special to steal. I don't leave anything else in the car at all. Plus I try my best to not go into any undesirable areas, I drive my daily most of the time.
Sponsored