Sponsored

Closed - Best mounting tape for dash cams?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
My rear camera came loose from the two sided tape that came with the camera from Thinkware after a few years. Figure its a good time to remount front and rear.

I guess can't go wrong with Gorilla (link below). So just asking if anyone had problems with that or used something with better performance. The cost is trivial so not really looking for something else just for cost saving.

https://www.amazon.com/Gorilla-Heavy-Double-Mounting-Inches/dp/B019HT1U9E

Updated post to mention two sided.
Sponsored

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
Gaffers Tape?

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Gaffers Tape?
Thanks. I hadn't heard of that. Looks like good stuff to have but the ones I see are not two sided which I should have mentioned I needed. Do you know if there are two sided gaffer's tape? Gonna get some anyway so prepared for other jobs/repairs.

Update: the more I read the better I like this stuff over electrical, duct, etc. tape. Already in my Amazon cart I'll add the two sided tape to. Getting just 10 yards for now.

https://www.amazon.com/Premium-Non-Reflective-Electrical-Photographers-Waterproof/dp/B07R9T4JRL

Last edited:
OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I've used this for years and never had it fail. My laser jammers are mounted with this on the exterior of the car and have survived 2+ years through winter and summer zero issues.

https://www.amazon.com/Scotch-Extreme-Mounting-1-inch-60-inches/dp/B009NP1JQC/ref=sr_1_8?crid=3K532XVJL3Q9V&keywords=3m+extreme+mounting+tape&qid=1570118223&s=hi&sprefix=3m+extreme+m,tools,139&sr=1-8
Thanks. I think I've used that years ago and it was good but kind of thick IIRC. Amazon doesn't have any at the moment and since the Gorilla say it can hold a lot more weight, which might be useful for whatever I use the rest of the roll for. Obviously, the cameras are far below the weight limits of either and thickness not a factor.

Sponsored

OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Ordered to make next day delivery cutoff.

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
The toughest double sided tape I've used so far has been the 3M automotive trim tape. Probably similar (if not exactly the same) as the tape that ahl395 recommended.
Sponsored