Sponsored

Creating a 'Trackable' Daily Driver

bullitt2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Guard Green
Hi all,

Relatively new to this forum but have had my 2015 GT for about a year and a half now! Love the car. It is a base edition that I use as a daily driver and within the last year, as a weekend track car participating in autocross, and lapping days at various race circuits in the area.

I'm wondering if anyone else has used their car for this dual purpose and if they could recommend any mods? So far, the only modification I have done has been to add a front tower strut brace. As I've been gaining more skills around the track, I've noticed things are wearing out much faster lol. I am looking at upgrading the pads/rotors on the front and rear as I have noticed the OE ones are overheating and becoming spongey after a number of laps at the track. I was considering this kit from American Muscle:

https://www.americanmuscle.com/powe...-1517-standard-gt-ecoboost-w-performance.html

Has anyone purchased this kit? Any other mods/feedback would be awesome as well! Thanks guys!
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
GT350 brake conversion.

Synthetic brake fluid.

Trans cooler.

Diff cooler.

Complete Steeda suspension.

Bigger radiator.

MPSS Cup 2s.

Roll cage.

About 14 turbos.

Nitrous.

Purchase the "Richard Hammond" special insurance, just in case.

SiRCaSTK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT PP
Check out bmac's build thread. He does a pretty good job explaining his mods.

90Notch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver GT PP1 A10
I would suggest you run an event, see how it goes and mod from there. If you don't push your car super hard you may not need more cooling. Once u run once it twice you wind your cars weaknesses that matter to you and you can upgrade from there.
Did you even read the post? Here....

within the last year, as a weekend track car participating in autocross, and lapping days at various race circuits in the area.
Lots of info on here about swapping to the front calipers and rotors to the performance pack Brembos. I think it's around $6-800 depending on what kind of a deal you can find. What tires are you running at the events?

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost

Sponsored

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
I read the title and I thought, by trackable, OP meant via GPS or something. I've dated too many crazies...

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Hi all,

Relatively new to this forum but have had my 2015 GT for about a year and a half now! Love the car. It is a base edition that I use as a daily driver and within the last year, as a weekend track car participating in autocross, and lapping days at various race circuits in the area.

I'm wondering if anyone else has used their car for this dual purpose and if they could recommend any mods? So far, the only modification I have done has been to add a front tower strut brace. As I've been gaining more skills around the track, I've noticed things are wearing out much faster lol. I am looking at upgrading the pads/rotors on the front and rear as I have noticed the OE ones are overheating and becoming spongey after a number of laps at the track. I was considering this kit from American Muscle:

https://www.americanmuscle.com/powe...-1517-standard-gt-ecoboost-w-performance.html

Has anyone purchased this kit? Any other mods/feedback would be awesome as well! Thanks guys!
PM @BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Base, 2015 Guard GT here, that I've turned from just DD to regular autocross and HPDE car, in addition. My focus was never to take the car too far from being a livable DD, but add a significant amount of competence for performance use. It also happens to be an absolute hoot to street drive because of that. Happy to help.

FYI that brake kit will not be what you're looking for.

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Get the Performance Pack 6 piston brakes (you don't need the GT350 brakes), and Castrol SRF and you'll probably be good for a long time until your skills get you to the point where you need oil coolers.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Used GT350. I know it's not what you asked but it's a good option :like:

Sponsored

Jeffy_2010

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt 6-speed/ performance pack Oxford white
My car is kind of the same as what your wanting, I autox more than I street drive it but it does still get street driven. I'd suggest upgrading to the PP brakes, upgrade to a good dot4 fluid, some bmr goodies to stiffen up the rear end (cradle lock outs, diff lockouts etc) and some other goodies to get your alignment settings more fine tuned, some upgraded toe links, front camber bolts or camber plates if u wanna go that route. At that stage just drive the car and get a feel for it, change suspension as you feel is needed

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Used GT350. I know it's not what you asked but it's a good option :like:
It probably has some advantages - less money spent for mods, more money coming back when you eventually sell.

However, consumables will probably cost more with a GT350. I would stay with the cheaper consumables if possible. If you have the patience, do the math on the cost of suspension and brake mods versus consumables going either way. Also, your car payments may be higher which could reduce the number of track days you can afford.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
You're walking a fine line there, and something I've done myself for the past few years. It's hard not to go one way or another too much and "ruin" either of the two aspects you are looking to achieve.

My suggestion, and take it for what it's worth after wrestling with this for years, is to keep it as close to stock (or at least use updgraded OEM components) as you can. Adding aftermarket parts only introduces more troubles, especially if this is your daily and want it to be comfortable. The good news is that Ford offers lots of goodies through Ford Performance that can improve your car's abilities while remaining street capable and reliable.

Get yourself a square wheel setup with good tires, upgrade to the 15" PP Brembos if you can (if not at least the pads and fluid) and then at the most do the FRPP handling pack with either PP springs or something streetable like the BMR min drop performance springs. Then maybe an oil cooler/radiator if you experience any overheating issues.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
You're walking a fine line there, and something I've done myself for the past few years. It's hard not to go one way or another too much and "ruin" either of the two aspects you are looking to achieve.

My suggestion, and take it for what it's worth after wrestling with this for years, is to keep it as close to stock (or at least use updgraded OEM components) as you can. Adding aftermarket parts only introduces more troubles, especially if this is your daily and want it to be comfortable. The good news is that Ford offers lots of goodies through Ford Performance that can improve your car's abilities while remaining street capable and reliable.
For this reason is why I suggested the GT350. With only some camber bolts, proper alignment and tires you can run with Porsche GT3's. Ask me how I know :thumbsup:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
For this reason is why I suggested the GT350. With only some camber bolts, proper alignment and tires you can run with Porsche GT3's. Ask me how I know :thumbsup:
This is true. An amazing machine. I've been lucky to had time on track in one.

You can easily build a GT to do quite similar and still retain a good DD, though.
Sponsored