'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7

FASTCARS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RL
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler, Pilot & 2021 GT500
I'm not following what your are referring to FASTCARS???
The hood comes from the supplier primed in black and then is painted body color (white topcoat). From your pictures, the fractures are black which indicates the fractures happened after the hood was painted white. If the crack was present prior to applying the body color then the fractures would have white paint baked into the fractures.

Sponsored

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
I'm sticking to my sex on the hood theory. That would explain why you and me don't have cracks....
Unless he is a plumber?

2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Just added mine to the list....@ 3500km with only 1 point in time travelling for a short period at an excessive speed...Yes its classified...But I'm sure Ford has the required security clearance... Fun times ahead!

Edit to add my hood alignment appears perfect or at lease equal on both sides, and I have never changed anything. Additionally one should use a magnifying glass in the exact area described before determine that it doesn't exist.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The hood comes from the supplier primed in black and then is painted body color (white topcoat). From your pictures, the fractures are black which indicates the fractures happened after the hood was painted white. If the crack was present prior to applying the body color then the fractures would have white paint baked into the fractures.
They were for sure not there 2 weeks ago when the car was paint corrected and ceramic coated. I had the center hood vent off and was looking over the hood closely as I was working to remove the hood vent. This past weekend on the cruise, I was showing someone how the rain tray (which was removed) mounts and immediately noticed the cracks. No way I missed them 2 weeks ago.
Definitely not there prior to the hood being painted as you pointed out.

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5 out of 11 for the poll and add 2 more out of 4 from the cruise. I am including mine in the poll numbers. So that makes 7 out of 15.
46.66% fail rate on this small sample.
I am thinking this is going to an issue Ford will have to make a good plan to correct.

Last edited:

Saratoga87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
Picking up my car this Saturday and taking it straight to the shop for a full wrap. Starting to second guess this plan bc Ford will never cover the cost of having PPF reapplied to the hood.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Picking up my car this Saturday and taking it straight to the shop for a full wrap. Starting to second guess this plan bc Ford will never cover the cost of having PPF reapplied to the hood.
Don't wrap the hood then when it cracks, bam, new hood with hopefully corrected issue. Then wrap it.

Being a composite, I just don't see how they can fix the cracks and guarantee they won't crack again. So new hoods with the fix is the fix I can hope for.

What is Ford's cost on these hoods? Plus paint, labor, and stripes, how much do y'all think that would cost Ford?

Saratoga87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
Don't wrap the hood then when it cracks, bam, new hood with hopefully corrected issue. Then wrap it.

Being a composite, I just don't see how they can fix the cracks and guarantee they won't crack again. So new hoods with the fix is the fix I can hope for.

What is Ford's cost on these hoods? Plus paint, labor, and stripes, how much do y'all think that would cost Ford?
It will cost Ford a whole lot more per unit than the brake pedal bracket recall will.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

A lot. And then the warranty inflated price on top of it. 4-5k?

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
The kraken on mine...

20210124_223647.jpg

Location - note, it is outboard of the rubber hood stop.

screenshot.png

And you can see the material properties on the passenger side of the hood, along the edge.

20210124_223730.jpg

The UP is for unsaturated polyester resin, reinforced with glass fiber (GF), mineral filler (M) and other additives.

Does everyone else have KR3V-16612-A? Or anyone have a B (or C, etc) as the suffix, which may indicate a revision?

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The kraken on mine...

20210124_223647.jpg

Location - note, it is outboard of the rubber hood stop.

screenshot.png

And you can see the material properties on the passenger side of the hood, along the edge.

20210124_223730.jpg

The UP is for unsaturated polyester resin, reinforced with glass fiber (GF), mineral filler (M) and other additives.

Does everyone else have KR3V-16612-A? Or anyone have a B (or C, etc) as the suffix, which may indicate a revision?
Mine.

C1599184-7F3E-4D90-8AE0-FE2C7A580432.jpeg
Sponsored