Sponsored

Cooled seats not cooling

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
Cooled seats work for me. I know when they're on when I can feel wetness on my back and buttox. They're pretty great especially in CA.
Sponsored

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Optima EX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Let them run for more than 20 minutes and report back. Yes, your balls will freeze, but your lower back will get hot and sweaty.

keiths2kgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang GT PP 50th AP
Your seat backs get as cold as the bottoms? Have you used them continuously for more than 20 minutes?
Yes I have and I don't recall my back getting hot. I use them almost daily. I'll pay closer attention next time

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
So far, so good. They replaced the driver's seat fan today (before they pulled both seats apart I wanted to see if there was any improvement) and the drive home was about 20 minutes. I can't say it was as good as the seat bottom, but the cooling is actually noticeable on the seat back now. I'll reserve final judgement until I have a longer drive this weekend.

I was in and out of the dealer (Bartow Ford) in about 90 minutes and the service adviser was more than gracious about it all. ;)

Sponsored

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
Got mine back today. I think I feel cool air coming out of the back, now, but then it was in the 40s here today, so I guess I wont really know how it's working until May 2016.

I covered all my plastics in tape, which evidently irritated the service associate... but there was a huge gouge in the tape that thankfully didn't transfer to the plastic.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Got the car back this am from having the TSB done.

Ambient temperature was low 60s.

I ran the seat heater and it seemed very weak. Still the bias was toward the bottom and not the back. Wearing a polo shirt and jeans, i could barely feel a bit of warmth on the back after about 5 minutes while the bottom was getting uncomfortable.

This is a good way to say it. The seat bottom bias on heat is now mimicked on cool. At least it doesn't get hotter like before. Mine actually cools well on back, especially up high or where the perfs aren't covered up by me, where air flow is better.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I covered all my plastics in tape, which evidently irritated the service associate... but there was a huge gouge in the tape that thankfully didn't transfer to the plastic.
Why should they care that you don't want things dinged up. Did you show him the gouge in the tape and say ... "See that, that's why I put the tape there?" I would have. And then tell him if anything got gouged/scratch the dealership would be replacing it for free!

n813ca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What did you tape? Just the plastic on the seat?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
^^^ Probably the whole door sill, since the seats need to be removed from the car to incorporate the TSB kit.

Sponsored

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
Why should they care that you don't want things dinged up. Did you show him the gouge in the tape and say ... "See that, that's why I put the tape there?" I would have. And then tell him if anything got gouged/scratch the dealership would be replacing it for free!
:shrug:
Snotty, under the breath comments were made when I answered question about all the tape.

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
What did you tape? Just the plastic on the seat?

The door sills and the plastic trim all the way to the carpet, and the center console.

I have gouges in all three places on the driver's side from a previous seat repair, including one in the painted part of the sill.

n813ca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. Will do before I take it in

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
:shrug:
Snotty, under the breath comments were made when I answered question about all the tape.
I guess they took is as you didn't trust them to not ding up your car. I wouldn't trust them either. Of course they don't really care since it's not their car, they just want to do the fix as fast as possible meaning not being very careful about damaging something. Not to say there are some techs that are pretty careful, but IMO the majority of them aren't, as I know from 1st hand experiences with dealership fixes over the years.

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
I guess they took is as you didn't trust them to not ding up your car.
I assume the same, and in fact I did not trust them, which I indicated in my answer: "Since you guys gouged everything up the last time I had work done on the seat, I put tape on everything."

Trust is earned by not damaging shit when you're supposed to be repairing shit. I thought this was common knowledge, but then I bought a Ford. :p

I spent half my day today fixing my exhaust after the underbody temp recall, too, but I saw that coming from a mile away.
Sponsored