Sponsored

Cooled seats not cooling

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
So the TSB fix is to add more cooling air to the seat back, while also blowing the hot air through the seat back?
Has anyone isolated the wiring for the Peltier unit? At this point, I would rather have ambient air blowing through the seat back rather than heated air mixed with cool air trying to get into the back.
Another member recognized the fix...exhaust the hot air directly out of the seat...not pump it up into the seat back along with the cooled air!
Sponsored

OP
OP

FeedtheNeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT Premium
I just dropped mine off at the dealer and TSB will be performed tomorrow. They had to order the blowers and just got them in. I'll let you know about my experience too but it might be difficult to tell since it has cooled off outside now.

FeedtheNeed, I love that graph, what did you have recording that?
I used a program called Forscan (www.forscan.org) with an OBDLink MX (www.scantool.net).

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I used a program called Forscan (www.forscan.org) with an OBDLink MX (www.scantool.net).
Are you saying the temps are actually recorded in the body codes? If so, that's REAL handy, I can just use my OBD scanner instead of trying to use my laser temperature gun right after jumping out of the seat. Plus, like yours, I can see the temperature over time.

If it is one of the body codes, can you tell me what it is called. There are so many.

OP
OP

FeedtheNeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT Premium
These are the names that Forscan gives. I don't know what the actual PIDs are, I haven't done any actual digging yet.

It is from the SCME(Seat Control Module E) as BKTMP (driver back), CSHTMP (driver seat), PBKTMP (passenger back), and PSCSHTMP (passenger seat).

I believe that the module is on the MSCAN so it is only viewable with a scanner that can access the MSCAN.

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
I have an OBD Mlink for ford vehicles. I wonder if it's on there. But the PID would have to be available for it for me to see. I'll have to check.

Sponsored

Blacklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Well, guys, since the vote is about 10-0 in favor of "the TSB doesn't work," I cancelled my appointment tomorrow. I sent my service advisor a link to page 62 of this thread, which is thick with complaints that the TSB actually makes a bad situation worse. I told him I am not at all willing to risk messing up my seats for a repair that might a) not do anything, or b) might make it worse, but will not apparently c) fix the problem.

This is really a bad show, Ford. Disappointing. I will survive with not-very-cooled seats, but I feel like we got cheated.

My dealer and I had the same conversation. He advised not to have the tsb done until Ford has a better fix. I agreed with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
My dealer and I had the same conversation. He advised not to have the tsb done until Ford has a better fix. I agreed with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can't imagine there's any possibility of Ford going back to the drawing board a third time on this, at least not without a lawsuit or something.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I can't imagine there's any possibility of Ford going back to the drawing board a third time on this, at least not without a lawsuit or something.
As they say ... "Third time is a charm". :doh:

Ap8823

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium
In pretty sure ford has eyes all over this thread and in fact knows that this isn't working. Before the TSB I was actually able to feel the air on my butt and now I feel diddly-squat. Ford knows what's up but I doubt they will do anything...

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
In pretty sure ford has eyes all over this thread and in fact knows that this isn't working. Before the TSB I was actually able to feel the air on my butt and now I feel diddly-squat. Ford knows what's up but I doubt they will do anything...

Then you need to go back. Butt side shouldn't have changed at all.

I just got back from having it done. Definitely an improvement. Leaps and bounds better than before. Worked not quite as good as bottom (which works exactly as before) but definitely better than before the tsb. I imagine now it works exactly as intended. The only way i see it getting better is routing cooled air from the ac system to it and that ain't happening.

I recommend to everyone to stop expecting ac system level of cooling from peltier units and have it done. It's definitely better than before the tsb. It's actually useful and tolerable now.

Sponsored

2015silvergt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang premium gt
Then you need to go back. Butt side shouldn't have changed at all.

I just got back from having it done. Definitely an improvement. Leaps and bounds better than before. Worked not quite as good as bottom (which works exactly as before) but definitely better than before the tsb. I imagine now it works exactly as intended. The only way i see it getting better is routing cooled air from the ac system to it and that ain't happening.

I recommend to everyone to stop expecting ac system level of cooling from peltier units and have it done. It's definitely better than before the tsb. It's actually useful and tolerable now.
I expect this to work as good as other systems on the market. Which it does not and that is a huge disappointment.

My gf has a 2011 explorer limited with the ventilated seats, they work so good, i have to turn them down. My friend has a 2015 f250 with them and its the same. I test drove a 6 year old mkt with ventilated seats and they work 1000 times better than these.

My expectations were based on all of these other ford products.

I had the tsb done and the bottom feels slightly better, but the back still heats up after 20 minutes or so. This is completely unacceptable after spending nearly 40k on this car.

Its also ridiculous that they bundle options this was because i only got a premium for this feature. If i knew it was going to work, i would have saved 3k and gotten a base with recaros.

I8ACHEVY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Deep Impact Blue EcoBoost Premium A/T
My first experience with Ford cooling seats was in a Limited Taurus rental car about a year ago. It was awesome. I thought these would be the same.
As for having the work done...I am still waiting on a loaner.
I have some reservations about bringing the car in to be torn into. I've resolved that the car will go in spotless and I am going to make a big deal to the shop foreman performing the work that I expect it to come out flawless and fully expect anything other than that will be addressed.

USAF

#GTFOsquad_0047
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 1993 GT
Another fail....had the TSB completed, picked up yesterday and nope, no change at all. Seat was only cold because it was 39* outside. Let's go FORD stand behind your product. We pay for these shit parts and wanna keep customers coming back ....NOT GOOD :frusty:

ctlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Prem/201A/Auto/Guard/Saddle/Spoiler del.
Another fail....had the TSB completed, picked up yesterday and nope, no change at all. Seat was only cold because it was 39* outside. Let's go FORD stand behind your product. We pay for these shit parts and wanna keep customers coming back ....NOT GOOD :frusty:
At 39F, how did it perform in heating mode?

USAF

#GTFOsquad_0047
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 1993 GT
Honestly didn't try, drove home with it on "cool" just to tell Ford it sucks even in cold weather.
Sponsored