Cooled seats not cooling

OP
OP

FeedtheNeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT Premium
For those that are having problems with the dealers saying "working to spec", it takes about 15 minutes for them to get to ambient and about 20-25 minutes to start getting above ambient. If they aren't running the seats that long, they will appear to be working within spec.

Obviously this happens faster the hotter it is.
Sponsored

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is scheduled to go in on the 19th for testing and completion. Hopefully it isnt a cold day.

OP
OP

FeedtheNeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT Premium
Mine is scheduled to go in on the 19th for testing and completion. Hopefully it isnt a cold day.
I've been able to replicate the issue as low as 65 degrees ambient. Just make sure they run it long enough.

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
From the descriptions people have given on how poorly the seat backs cool after installing the TSB I'll just leave mine stock. Not worth it for so little improvement. VERY disappinted in Ford and this option. It's the only reason I didn't get the Ricaros and only half the option works.

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Having had Recaros in my Evo, it wasnt something I cared about for any car after. I'd much rather have power seats, the heating and cooling was just a bonus.

Sponsored

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
From the descriptions people have given on how poorly the seat backs cool after installing the TSB I'll just leave mine stock. Not worth it for so little improvement. VERY disappinted in Ford and this option. It's the only reason I didn't get the Ricaros and only half the option works.

I can't even use mine during the summer because they get so hot. It's cooler to leave it off. So i'll definitely be getting this done

JGRoush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Stage 2 Roush Mustang
Having had Recaros in my Evo, it wasnt something I cared about for any car after. I'd much rather have power seats, the heating and cooling was just a bonus.
While I've never had recaros or heated & cooled seats before that was my thoughts exactly. But that black leather with the red stitching throughout is pretty bad ass & these cooled seats are def not all they're cracked up to be. Kinda kicking myself for not getting the recaro redline package now. Just my personal opinion tho.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Man I loved the seats in my Evo! The only reason I didn't get Recaros in the 'Stang is because I wanted the memory seating and heating/cooling!

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
The cooling was a big reason I skipped over the recaro's, the other was I liked the entire seat being red :D

MDRN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Anyone know if this fix is in place on the factory floor and from what date onward? Wondering if I should schedule an appointment on my (hopeful) delivery next week.

Sponsored

POOPonYOU

I Do Stupid Well
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
Got the TSB done and I would say that it made things worse. I feel absolutely no cooling at all. Even the service rep said he couldn't feel anything after. Nice try Ford. You guy really screwed this up!

Fek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fek
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT premium
Well good news and mostly bad news. My dealership claimed they ordered the parts per TSB however is has been over 2 weeks. The guys over on the F150 thread say that this ISNT a shortage of parts but a dealership issue.

See post 2434
http://www.f150forum.com/f118/cooling-seats-issue-tsb-feedback-304154/index244/

Iv have tried to contact my Ford Service Rep that contacted me ONCE, but now every time i call back no one answers and it goes to a voice mail box where i cannot leave a message. Looks like i have to go back to writing negative reviews of Ford and my dealership to get anything done.

My advice, if you ever talk to Ford or your dealership record EVERYTHING, get it in writing and save it. Take to social media (Facebook, Cars.com Edmonds, google, yahoo) and leave your experience on there, hell even file a formal complaint to BBB and you will get a response!

Any help for the Ford Rep on here would be much appreciated.

Ponykix

2015 Ecoboost Mustang PP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP
Scheduled the TSB with Service Writer today. He was very helpful and ordered the parts to be installed next week. The mechanic came out and made some unnecessary comments directed toward me basically saying it wont work like the air coming out of the dash and that I had unrealistic expectations. It was a little difficult to remain my composure but I gave him an education of how the system works and I was expecting the seat back to work more like the seat bottom. He rolled his eyes and went back in the shop. I will update next week how it all works out....

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Optima EX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Got the TSB done and I would say that it made things worse. I feel absolutely no cooling at all. Even the service rep said he couldn't feel anything after. Nice try Ford. You guy really screwed this up!
Did the tech not hook something up correctly? Both seats?

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Anyone know if this fix is in place on the factory floor and from what date onward? Wondering if I should schedule an appointment on my (hopeful) delivery next week.
TSB date is 9/22 and says this "may affect some 2015/16 Mustangs." So I would surmise if your build date is after 9/22 you may be good, and if it's much before that, you may be affected. Hard to know from what they are saying. The squealing brake TSB had a hard date in it, all cars built before April something, as I recall. This one is not so helpful.
Sponsored