Cooled seats not cooling

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
I hope Ford comes up with a fix soon. I don't want to take my car to the dealership and have them "hack" on it just for them to say there's nothing they can do. To the Ford Customer Service Reps on here, there's OBVIOUSLY a problem. Please push this issue up the chain of command and let Ford know so hopefully they will do something about it.
Sponsored

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
I'm thinking along the same lines. Would be nice to pull the connector to the upper seat "cooler"/fan and leave the bottom one on since it works. I would bet the upper seat would be cooler with the upper fan/"cooler" disconnected than it would be with it running and just putting out heat via the fan motor and/or the Peltier unit in the seat back. Wonder if it is possible to wedge your arm up the seat back and feel around for a connector and try to pull it? Sad that we are having to resort to some of these possible measures. :(
No way. Ford can redesign it and fix the f--king things.

surfs1st

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT
What really boggles my mind is that the AC seats on my F-150 work fine. They blow cold air top and bottom and don't heat up to the point that I think my seat may catch fire. Just like my rain sensing wipers, which for some odd reason don't work on my Mustang either. This isn't new territory here, these are things that are on other Ford model cars, but were poorly implememented on the Mustang.

I get lots of compliments on the Mustang, and people ask me questions about it all the time, I just can't in good conscience recommend this car to anyone until Ford adresses some of these issues. :shrug:

yellowragtop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 mustang conv
F-150 cooled seat

Online, if you look up F-150 Lariat cooled seats, everyone loves them, but they must be a different design. With their seats, you are supposed to change an air filter every 30,000 miles. They specifically state the cold air will blow upward behind your lower back. Owners claim they work well. This sounds like a very different design than what is used in the mustang.

Reference info:
http://fordf150ecoboostforum.com/topic/239-ventilated-seats/

Will the F-150 cooled seat fit into a mustang? Maybe they can just swap in those exact seats ?? ;)

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
Seat bottoms always cool. the driver's seatback never cools, and the passenger seatback occasionally cools. SMH

Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Thank you guys for posting about this. Now that the weather is warmer, I just noticed neither of my seat backs cool. Like others, the bottoms are fine and nice. I don't think my seat backs are heating or doing anything. They get very warm but that is just like every leather seat in the summer with my back against it.

I stopped by Ford and talked to the service advisor and his first reply was the seat backs aren't supposed to cool. Not that he is a technician or even knows anything about cars. Trust me, I'm not saying that lightly, I've talked to him about other issues on my 2010 Mustang. So I made an appointment for them to "look at it". I'm worried after spending my time there for the second trip, they will just say it's normal. Is there anything I can reference for this problem? Any TSB or something?

surfs1st

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT
I think the general consensus now is, that the backs don't cool (paraphrasing here), if they were ever meant to is still questionable. My biggest concern is the seat back where the fan element is located. It gets hot, excessively hot, when it runs for more than 5 min. This also has the counter productive effect of heating the seat when the cooler is active. Either way, poor design.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
I think the general consensus now is, that the backs don't cool (paraphrasing here), if they were ever meant to is still questionable. My biggest concern is the seat back where the fan element is located. It gets hot, excessively hot, when it runs for more than 5 min. This also has the counter productive effect of heating the seat when the cooler is active. Either way, poor design.
Must be hit or miss because my seat back cools where you would get a tramp stamp tattooed lol its not as strong as the bottom cooling but it's there

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
I stopped by Ford and talked to the service advisor and his first reply was the seat backs aren't supposed to cool. Not that he is a technician or even knows anything about cars. Trust me, I'm not saying that lightly, I've talked to him about other issues on my 2010 Mustang. So I made an appointment for them to "look at it". I'm worried after spending my time there for the second trip, they will just say it's normal. Is there anything I can reference for this problem? Any TSB or something?
You will get no satisfaction and a simple dismissal of "that's how they work".

Guard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
My lower back is where I tend to sweat the most... and where I really need the cooling.. could care less about the ass seat cooling..

Sponsored

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Agreed. I'd actually prefer for the upper seat fan to be disconnected if this is how it functions.

My lower back is where I tend to sweat the most... and where I really need the cooling.. could care less about the ass seat cooling..
I'm with you there 100%. If I had to choose one of the two I'd pick lower back over butt. ;)

EcoBoostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Well mine failed today... 750 miles in. I push the button, no lights... no air... anybody else have a total failure?

surfs1st

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT
Well mine failed today... 750 miles in. I push the button, no lights... no air... anybody else have a total failure?
Honestly it think the whole cooled seat system in this car is a failure. If the package didn't come with the powered seats and easy access seat movement, I'd be raising bloody hell right now about paying for an option that as designed will never work properly.

Not to say I'm still not pissed, but I'm a glass is half full kind of guy.

EcoBoostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly it think the whole cooled seat system in this car is a failure. If the package didn't come with the powered seats and easy access seat movement, I'd be raising bloody hell right now about paying for an option that as designed will never work properly.

Not to say I'm still not pissed, but I'm a glass is half full kind of guy.
Mine was working just fine, from a cooling standpoint it just up and shit out. No response from the system at all.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Mine was working just fine, from a cooling standpoint it just up and shit out. No response from the system at all.
I doubt the seat backs were cooling. I don't think anyone has 100% confirmation that their backs cool at all. If someone does, then it just proves that the backs are supposed to cool, but don't on 99.999% of the cars.
Sponsored