Sponsored

Convertibles Photos Thread

parajax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convert
Hello All! Been lurking for a few weeks. Gorgeous machines all through this thread. Flew to VA from TN three weeks ago for work, didn't use a ticket to get back. Drove a new 19 PP Vert home instead. Velocity Blue, obviously. Swapped in the blackout emblems and spoiler a week later. I played with a KB Terminator for a while 15 years ago. Getting the bug again!
1012191510b.jpg
1012191510a.jpg
Looks great. Tell more about the rear spoiler. Brand, needing to drill or use original holes, etc?
Thanks
Sponsored

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible PP1, A10, Mag, B&O, A/E, S&S
Looks great. Tell more about the rear spoiler. Brand, needing to drill or use original holes, etc?
Thanks
It is an MMD-V Series from American Muscle. I had them paint it 2015 Black, which matches the wheels and Emblems well. The code is UA...I am not sure if it is the same as Shadow Black found on newer models, but the paint code is different for Shadow Black. Mine had no spoiler since it was a PP car, so I had to drill it myself. 4 screws and 3m Tape. It is my understanding that if I'd had the factory vert spoiler (though not sure about California Special) the holes would have lined up. There seems to be some conjecture that the CS factory spoiler has different holes than the standard vert spoiler...I had neither, so don't know.

My only gripe is that the tips don't sit flush down along the fenders on the vert the way they do with the Fastback as the fender shape is slightly different. You can see the gaps at the end of the spoiler in the below pics. A little bigger than I would like, but overall I love the spoiler.
Plate.jpg
Tail.jpg

Last edited:

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
It is an MMD-V Series from American Muscle. I had them paint it 2015 Black, which matches the wheels and Emblems well. The code is UA...I am not sure if it is the same as Shadow Black found on newer models, but the paint code is different for Shadow Black. Mine had no spoiler since it was a PP car, so I had to drill it myself. 4 screws and 3m Tape. It is my understanding that if I'd had the factory vert spoiler (though not sure about California Special) the holes would have lined up. There seems to be some conjecture that the CS factory spoiler has different holes than the standard vert spoiler...I had neither, so don't know.

My only gripe is that the tips don't sit flush down along the fenders on the vert the way they do with the Fastback as the fender shape is slightly different. You can see the gaps at the end of the spoiler in the below pics. A little bigger than I would like, but overall I love the spoiler.
OK, first, holy F-in S, those are some spectacular photos! Especially the "action shot".

Yeah, I had an MMD (Foose model) rear wing too, and while it was listed as compatible with both the coupe and convertible, the slightly different trunk contours on my vert meant it didn't sit quite flush (I mean, I'm probably the only one who noticed it). Having mounted that, and now having installed this BMC wing that's made specifically for the convertible, I can really tell the difference. That being said, your wing looks great!

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible PP1, A10, Mag, B&O, A/E, S&S
OK, first, holy F-in S, those are some spectacular photos! Especially the "action shot".

Yeah, I had an MMD (Foose model) rear wing too, and while it was listed as compatible with both the coupe and convertible, the slightly different trunk contours on my vert meant it didn't sit quite flush (I mean, I'm probably the only one who noticed it). Having mounted that, and now having installed this BMC wing that's made specifically for the convertible, I can really tell the difference. That being said, your wing looks great!
Thanks again! If you have never driven the "Tail of the Dragon" in East TN/Western NC, you are missing out! They have photographers set up pretty much every weekend. You can see some great pics at killboy.com or 129photos.com. Those were taken on Nov 10th. The Lambo club was out there that weekend.

rcengr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
17 Grabber Blue EB Convertible, 2023 Colorado Z71
Even though the snow is not gone it was 50 degrees and sunny, so time for the top to come down. Merry Christmas
20191222_131134.jpg

Reindeer courtesy of Kil-Kare Raceway

Sponsored

Delovin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT convertible
Before and after, thankful to Ford for building a car that saved our lives, when someone ran a red light.
93AA438E-4ADA-469B-B94D-FBB352B59BFD.jpeg
5A6AFD5D-A3D4-43EB-AC1D-EA91EE1CDE76.jpeg

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
I hate to see white verts being tortured like that!

CVCashmere

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
Happy New Year fellow M6g verters. 59 and calm here in NorCal today. Perfect!
20191231_125023.jpg

392lightning

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible
IMG_E3665.JPG

Sponsored