Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
It should be illegal to post top up pictures in here

I would agree with that statement 100% if this were a convertible corvette thread. Convertible vettes look absolutely horrid with the top up.

But I think our cars look beautiful with the top up as well as down. Just my $0.02 on the subject, but come on, we have to admit there are some beautiful convertibles in here and look good either top up or down. :rockon:

Last edited:

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I agree 1000%.

I've heard the quote [paraphrased], "It's not about how a convertible looks with the top down, it's how it looks with the top up". i.e., I think most people would agree __most__ convertibles look great without a top :) I've always been impressed with how the S550 look with the top up - it has good balance, the top look proportional to the front hood and rear trunk sections, and the top to the top of the door down has a nice looking ratio.

When I was cross shopping a ZL1, I really noticed how totally out of balance it looks with the top up. The roofline is WAY too long, the top side profile is too short vs. the amount of side profile.
Sponsored