Sponsored

Any Convertibles With PP Spoiler?

Buzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Vert, 401A, Manual, PP1, MagneRide, AVE, B&O
Just curious if anyone has the performance pack spoiler on their vert. It's a bit more of a pain in the ass to find a picture of one than I though.
Thx
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
FWIW I'm thinking the shortage of pictures is because you can't get it from the factory. If you configure a PP coupe on the Ford site, you have an option to delete the spoiler. If configure a PP convertible, that option does NOT appear, the images of the car do not have a spoiler and the description of the car lists spoiler delete.

OP
OP
Buzz

Buzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, that spoiler delete lockout when adding the PP was disappointing. My dealer has a PP spoiler for me, now we're just waiting on the car. Wasn't sure if it was just a lack of pictures or the configuration is a bit unique.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Yeah, that spoiler delete lockout when adding the PP was disappointing. My dealer has a PP spoiler for me, now we're just waiting on the car. Wasn't sure if it was just a lack of pictures or the configuration is a bit unique.
I understand why you want to see a picture. Some aftermarket spoilers will work on coupes but not convertibles. Others work on either. So there could be some fitment issues.

OP
OP
Buzz

Buzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looked at a number of aftermarket spoilers from CJ and AM but non of them caught my eye like the stock PP spoiler from Ford Performance. My dealer will be doing the install when the car gets here. From what I've been seeing, it appears the issue is with the vert radio antenna clearance when opening and closing the trunk. However, a Stubby should fix the issue.

Sponsored

Tseg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
I understand why you want to see a picture. Some aftermarket spoilers will work on coupes but not convertibles. Others work on either. So there could be some fitment issues.
Isn’t one issue that wide spoilers catch on the OEM Vert antenna?

OP
OP
Buzz

Buzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Tseg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible

barron64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible PP1, 6sp, 2006 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab 4x4, 2009 Acura MDX, 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Purchased a MMD, pre-painted spoiler from AM...Looks great and barely touches the antenna when the trunk is open.
042ADBC6-B338-49E6-9D58-97FAAD60C6F3.jpeg

OP
OP
Buzz

Buzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
looks nice

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Purchased a MMD, pre-painted spoiler from AM...Looks great and barely touches the antenna when the trunk is open.
Yeah, I have the same wing, it's a Foose MMD, and it did just barely *boing* the antenna, super easy to just open and hold it out of the way if it bugs you - or I simply chopped down my factory antenna, since it don't listen to the radio anyway (100% CP for in-car entertainment), though it still works really well on FM.

BTW, the white + Showstopper looks fantastic! I'm current shopping a 18/19 replacement for my 2016, and a gray/silver/white + red interior is one of my preferences (current ride is black + red).

barron64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible PP1, 6sp, 2006 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab 4x4, 2009 Acura MDX, 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Yeah, I have the same wing, it's a Foose MMD, and it did just barely *boing* the antenna, super easy to just open and hold it out of the way if it bugs you - or I simply chopped down my factory antenna, since it don't listen to the radio anyway (100% CP for in-car entertainment), though it still works really well on FM.

BTW, the white + Showstopper looks fantastic! I'm current shopping a 18/19 replacement for my 2016, and a gray/silver/white + red interior is one of my preferences (current ride is black + red).
Thanks for the compliment! I wasn't sure about the red interior until I saw it in person. Just need to get the Brembo calipers in red to tie into the showstopper red interior.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Just need to get the Brembo calipers in red to tie into the showstopper red interior.
Yeah, it's a bit of a bummer the Brembos just have a red logo, vs. a full red caliper. If I wind up with <neutral_color> + red interior, this time, I'm going to do the brakes in red, not sure if I'll just score a set of Bullitt calipers or just PC a set of Perf Pack "takeoffs", but I definitely want big red brakes :D

OP
OP
Buzz

Buzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here's what the PP spoiler looks like on a vert.
VertWithPPSpoiler.jpg

VertWithPPSpoiler2.jpg

Last edited:

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Here's what the PP spoiler looks like on a vert.
Holy shit, that looks great! Toss up a few more photos, maybe with the top down - and wash it :D (Welcome to the black nightmare ...)

So since that's a PP car (assuming that's yours from your sig), it didn't have any preexisting wing mounts/holes. Did you drill the trunk? Swap trunks with a vert with a [base] wing?
Sponsored