Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
What is the evaporator defect?
The HCAV system evaporator can leak on S550s (that's where the system removes heat by circulating the air over coils with refrigerant). It's apparently more common in hotter, wetter, saltier areas like coastal towns - I'm 2 blocks from the ocean and mine crapped out. I was still under warranty when it did, it's a costly repair, and the evaporator is up under the passenger side dash so a ton of interior has to be removed to change it.

Symptoms are the AC blowing less cool air, that eventually becomes hot air, usually it's a touch cooler on the right side vents vs. the left.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Also I would like to know what y'all have done in regards to chassis and suspension mods to your convertibles?
My biggest complaint is that compared to a 2017 camaro vert I drove, this one just feels off In regards to a slight body cowl and and how it kinda pulls along with the road at times. Some I'm sure is to blame on the Pzero crap rubbers on them. But it also probably needs lvertical links, subframe. Just curious what yall have done and would do different next time.
Sorry for the late response... a set of lowering springs (BMR) will help a lot. I also did the Steeda Vertical Links and subframe alignment kit... I would also check out this brace
MPN# CB006R
https://www.americanmuscle.com/bmr-...havior+Affinity+TRIGG+(Afternoon+Installs)+V3

as it has had a lot of positive reviews...

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

beersandbacon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
I found my people! I just got a 2015 GT Premium convertible with 49k miles. Love it! (got it over a Miata RF I was considering, now it's v8 or nothing for me!) Anyone have pics of a guard metallic with matte black stripes?

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
Had to check out this thread because of the title, not knowing what color Guard Green is. Had it in my head it was something like lime sherbet, but to my surprise, it's a gorgeous color. Thanks for posting all those pics.

So where are all those yellow convertibles that are supposed to be in FL? I really wanted yellow, but no luck.

bob6g

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
bob
Vehicle(s)
mercedes benz 300sel
Regards Forum... Mustang Convertibles....normal thread..."Guard Green Convertibles"....Page 1...Picture..#15...( Mus Eco 2015 ....gman57.! Love the colour, and the car model. In the photo of your eco, I observed the interior colour of the seating to be a White colour? Could you please advise if this is so, and if so, How come?.. Custom?, Ordered from dealership?, Car seat covering or ????. It sure as ... looks classy. Looks great with Guard Green, and Black vinyl Roof.

OP
OP
Interceptor

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Had to check out this thread because of the title, not knowing what color Guard Green is. Had it in my head it was something like lime sherbet, but to my surprise, it's a gorgeous color. Thanks for posting all those pics.

So where are all those yellow convertibles that are supposed to be in FL? I really wanted yellow, but no luck.
Destin, Ft Walton area, also West Pam Miami area, I'm sure they are rentals. So check rental companies if looking for used.

Sponsored

gman57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang eco-boost , convertible
Regards Forum... Mustang Convertibles....normal thread..."Guard Green Convertibles"....Page 1...Picture..#15...( Mus Eco 2015 ....gman57.! Love the colour, and the car model. In the photo of your eco, I observed the interior colour of the seating to be a White colour? Could you please advise if this is so, and if so, How come?.. Custom?, Ordered from dealership?, Car seat covering or ????. It sure as ... looks classy. Looks great with Guard Green, and Black vinyl Roof.
Bob it is stock with the cream colored panels

Spoolingitup

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 TT vert, 2011 GT vert, 1991 5.0 vert,1970 M1
Just joined and I canā€™t believe there is a green vert thread. My wife surprised me for my birthday with the guard that I wanted and itā€™s top down all the time
1EB075A5-B403-4448-9DC2-D865FC09FC68.jpeg

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
Just joined and I canā€™t believe there is a green vert thread. My wife surprised me for my birthday with the guard that I wanted and itā€™s top down all the time
1EB075A5-B403-4448-9DC2-D865FC09FC68.jpeg
Lucky guy. Guard is such a classic mustang colour, which I would be driving if they hadnā€™t dropped it for ā€˜18. I ended up with the Royal Crimson, which itself is another modern take on the classic ā€˜69 Royal Maroon.

Spoolingitup

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 TT vert, 2011 GT vert, 1991 5.0 vert,1970 M1
Lucky guy. Guard is such a classic mustang colour, which I would be driving if they hadnā€™t dropped it for ā€˜18. I ended up with the Royal Crimson, which itself is another modern take on the classic ā€˜69 Royal Maroon.
I didnā€™t even know it was offered until I bumped into a guy in Lake Charles on the way to a car show and was hooked.
Sponsored