Any Convertibles With PP Spoiler?

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
19 Mustang GT convertible, Orange Fury + Ebony, A10/PP/AE/MS/B&O
Does anyone have 100% info about why the antenna is there? Is it only for AM/FM? If yes, I would rather have it removed it completely. I would never ever listen to radio. Or there are some other pieces of tech which are dependent on this antenna?
I'm 99% sure that's only for terrestrial radio / AM/FM. The fin in combination with other embedded antennas handles XM, GPS, Cell/WiFi/BT.

The fix is super simple: pull off rubber tip, cut in ~1/2 with snips/scissors, stick tip back on. Wings don't hit it now, and it actually still pulls in a decent FM signal (if that's your thing ...).

Millarduck

Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT; 2016 Jeep GC Limited; 2014 Honda Accord Touring; former 1966 Mustang Coupe- Sprint Edition
No issues with stubby here. I use it for the ease of my car cover. Live 50 miles from Philadelphia and get fine reception when I use FM, which is rare.

E3C6509A-FAFA-4C19-9D45-DADC944A9A28.jpeg

AEF57FFB-6682-4638-B05F-2E4CA7CE49AD.jpeg

MR YUK

Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Convertible
Does anyone have 100% info about why the antenna is there? Is it only for AM/FM? If yes, I would rather have it removed it completely. I would never ever listen to radio. Or there are some other pieces of tech which are dependent on this antenna?
The antenna on the passenger side rear fender is for AM/FM radio. The GPS/Satellite radio antenna in on the trunk lid.

Advertisement

202 - CarModsAmerica - 1

Advertisement