Convertible owners!!

jesus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eisa
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT premium Conv
Hey guys! I have a GT premium Convertible and i wanna ask you how do you maintain the soft top?
Any ideas to keep it clean and as new?
Protection?
Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
The short version is:
Vacuum the top
Wash it scrubbing with a soft bristle brush.
Rinse thoroughly
Dry completely
Apply 3M Fabric protector
Repeat every 3 to 6 months.
Vacuum and wash with a gentle soap as needed between treatments

Look on YouTube for videos .

The convertible section here has lots of helpful info and ideas to spend more money on your new vert.

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
The short version is:
Vacuum the top
Rinse thoroughly
Dry completely

The convertible section here has lots of helpful info and ideas to spend more money on your new vert.
Ive had verts fir many years and have found raggtopp the best.this company actually treats the top material for use in putting tops on in factory.its great and use it twice a year,and it's garaged.
THE MIST IMPORTANT THING IS NEVER PUT DOWN A DIRTY TOP.if you do the dirt is ground into the cloth thats a PITA to get out.as mentioned above I use a lint remover roller once a week just to keep most of dirt off.heress link,sorry it's a bit long
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Raggtopp...GMIvIWctnmE9Vihx-hbKxezX0HHVbFXxoC2coQAvD_BwE

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Ivevhad vertsvfir many years and have found raggtopp the best.this company actually treats the top material for usr in putting tops on in factory.i great but twice a year,and it's garages.
THE MIST IMPORTANT THING IS NEVER OUT DIWN A DIRTY TOP.if you do the dirt is ground into the clothes that a PITA to get out.as mentioned above I use a lint remover roller once a week just to keep most if dirt off.herescs link,sorrybitsvdi long
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Raggtopp...GMIvIWctnmE9Vihx-hbKxezX0HHVbFXxoC2coQAvD_BwE
I like the RaggTop cleaner but I didn't think their protectant did that well. I used that kit exactly per the instructions and have minimal water beading. My preference for protectant is, as I said, 3M Fabric protector. It's what's recommended by the Sunbrella company and I'd venture to say they have far more experience with canvas and its care then all the convertible top makers combined.
I'd also reccomend a brush on application vs spray on. Far less prep and mess and better coverage.

Sponsored

Reddirocket27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 CPO EB Prem Conv w/ 201A
3M cleaner and protectant twice a year, never drop the top when it's wet or overly dirty and use a soft bristle brush to agitate, never anything firm like a wheel brush, etc. Painting the protectant on applies it more evenly than spraying, PS.
IMG_2020-05-02_15-17-26.JPG

OP
OP
jesus

jesus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eisa
Vehicle(s)
The short version is:
Vacuum the top
Rinse thoroughly
Dry completely

Thank you. I think I would go with the RaggTop. I really never vacuumed mine and keep washing it. I never let it under direct sunlight after washing it and that's all I know. I'm glad I found this website. thank you.

OP
OP
jesus

jesus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eisa
Vehicle(s)
Ive had verts fir many years and have found raggtopp the best.this company actually treats the top material for use in putting tops on in factory.its great and use it twice a year,and it's garaged.
THE MIST IMPORTANT THING IS NEVER PUT DOWN A DIRTY TOP.if you do the dirt is ground into the cloth thats a PITA to get out.as mentioned above I use a lint remover roller once a week just to keep most of dirt off.heress link,sorry it's a bit long
I guess I'm gonna go with this product as I see ppl really recommend it. I'm about to do the ceramic pro so I might do it at the same time.
Thank you.

Flare65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Wow, that's a sharp looking vert! I like the color combo of the stripes and interior. Love the rims too!

Let me know how that top protectant application goes. I'm torn between that Walmart one, the 3M Scotch guard, and the convertible top spray that 303 protectant offers.

I assume our tops are fabric, not vinyl right?

Sponsored

Reddirocket27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 CPO EB Prem Conv w/ 201A
Wow, that's a sharp looking vert! I like the color combo of the stripes and interior. Love the rims too!

Let me know how that top protectant application goes. I'm torn between that Walmart one, the 3M Scotch guard, and the convertible top spray that 303 protectant offers.

Fabric ha. Get either 3M or RaggTop. They are consistently rated the highest on every website, and I've used both will great results.

OP
OP
jesus

jesus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eisa
Vehicle(s)

Thank you so much! It's my favorite color combo actually. I love the combo between blue exterior and red interior, but I chose to go with this as I was planing for carbon fiber touches.
I will let you know! I actually found some I know who uses raggtop it's fantastic and he kept saying it's a matter of how the application is. If you're sure about how you apply it, I suggest you go with raggtop too.

OP
OP
jesus

jesus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eisa
Vehicle(s)
Fabric ha. Get either 3M or RaggTop. They are consistently rated the highest on every website, and I've used both will great results.
Thank you for sharing your experience. for me, I've decided to go with raggtop. Hopefully the application goes right.

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Thank you for sharing your experience. for me, I've decided to go with raggtop. Hopefully the application goes right.

Don't forget, you can also use West Marine's canvas treatment. It's made for boat canvas that is exposed constantly to the elements. It's their brand and less money than the 303. It works great and your vert is guaranteed not to handle like a boat!

CVCashmere

OP
OP
jesus

jesus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eisa
Vehicle(s)

Update: Raggtop is doing great. I’ve tested it i a small area coz a professional will apply it for me when I drop my car for stripes painting. i just wanted to update you. I do recommend it.
Sponsored