LOEzell

OldME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Convertible
I am planning on ordering a 2018 Mustang GT Premium Plus Convertible as soon as I can. I am coming out of a leased 2015 Mazda Miata hardtop convertible (black top). Although it has been a trouble-free roadster, its air conditioning system is marginal for hot southeast USA summers where I live. Do you Mustang GT convertible owners, especially those of you with the black tops, think its air conditioning system is robust enough for 100 degree days in Mississippi? Thank you in advance for your opinions/advice.
Sponsored

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Not a GT but my turbo's AC is more than robust enough.... I spend a lot of time in SC during the summer... no issues.

The cooled/heated seats are amazing. If you are getting the auto, it comes with auto-start... depending on the temp, you turn the car on and the seats will heat/cool while you walk to the car.

The AC is great, IMO.

Welcome to the forum....

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Hey guys, new here. I just bought a 16 gt vert premium, had it a month and got it with 3500 miles. First road trip was a week ago to Austin for Motogp. It was low 90's there. I was really surprised how well the ac and cooled seats work. I live at a mile plus in elevation and we're always above a hundred in the summer. I have no doubt the ac will be fine in the summer. I cant say the same for F250.

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 conv gt auto, var exhaust,shaker, safety pack
No problem in my opinion, i use it event top down. I wonder if convertible are better than non convertible. I mean stronger fans ?

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
The new Mustang soft top is really insulated. On a hot day driving for hours in the sun...the inside of the top is barely warm to the touch. It seems to be insulated just as well as the hard top.

Sponsored

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
You will have no issues. The top is well insulated from heat and also from outside sound. Just do it! :D

timsstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 'vert
I am planning on ordering a 2018 Mustang GT Premium Plus Convertible as soon as I can. I am coming out of a leased 2015 Mazda Miata hardtop convertible (black top). Although it has been a trouble-free roadster, its air conditioning system is marginal for hot southeast USA summers where I live. Do you Mustang GT convertible owners, especially those of you with the black tops, think its air conditioning system is robust enough for 100 degree days in Mississippi? Thank you in advance for your opinions/advice.
Tennessee here, my A/C is MORE than adequate!

LMstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible (auto)
16 GT vert and I live in Orlando, FL. No issues with A/C. Plenty robust.
Cooled seats leave something to be desired (ass gets cool, back, not so much).

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I converted from a Miata RHT as well. No issues at all with AC, roof up or down. It is a lot windier than the Miata though, so the nice cold air gets blown around quite a bit.

clicklogical

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible Performance Pack
I have no issues with the top up or down. AC seems strong on my GT.

Sponsored

buzzcii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Buzz
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium Vert
Top down, windows up, hat on, A/C on Max = Bliss in SoFlo.

Yes, would be better if the engineers got the seat cool into the lumbar like on a Boxter. Oh well, I have 8 cyclinders to go faster.

Rob00GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Ragtop
I'm in Houston so I also get the heat and humidity. The A/C on my GT convertible works great, no complaints here.

FistLaw

FistLaw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' GT Premium Convertible
Unless your hellbent in an 18, or has to b a lease consider what I did.
Bought brand new 2016 gt premium w/performance out the door for mid 30s.
I just posted about the deal on another thread in this forum but it's a screaming deal for a brand new car.

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Unless your hellbent in an 18, or has to b a lease consider what I did.
Bought brand new 2016 gt premium w/performance out the door for mid 30s.
I just posted about the deal on another thread in this forum but it's a screaming deal for a brand new car.
I would really be interested to know what size sway bars the vert performance pack runs. Mine is only a 20.0 in the rear and the standard size up front for all GTs.

Also...are your springs and shocks much stiffer than standard. I like the idea of migrating my GT vert to performance pack options.

Thanks

CVCashmere

FistLaw

FistLaw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' GT Premium Convertible
I don't know what it's got on it, but I know for sure the rear is thicker than non performance pack. The springs are great IMO. I bought it in Detroit and immediately put 1300 miles on it and the ride was comfortable the whole time.
It's got other things which I didn't want to pay for aftermarket like the 6 piston brembos and the larger radiator.
I think I'd do what you're doing, handling and any bracing to stiffen it up as much as possible.
Sponsored