Question for S550 GT Convertible Owners

Mullethunter324

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Vert / 2009 Cobalt SS
I can mirror what everyone else is saying about the AC. I am up in Wisco so while not the same level of heat as the south we get some fairly hot days by our standards. Top down, AC cranked, and cooled seats on and no complaints from myself or any passengers.
Sponsored

Sixtus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sixto
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2016 GT Convertible, 2015 Ecoboost PP
Have a '16 GT Convertible premium in SoCal. Been 100-105 degrees these past few days and I've had my AC blasting with the cooled seats. I'm not breaking a sweat at all even with the top down. I've heard of other owners having AC issues but I think those aren't that common. Bought new and now at 20k miles and not one single issue!

OP
OP

LOEzell

OldME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Convertible
Have a '16 GT Convertible premium in SoCal. Been 100-105 degrees these past few days and I've had my AC blasting with the cooled seats. I'm not breaking a sweat at all even with the top down. I've heard of other owners having AC issues but I think those aren't that common. Bought new and now at 20k miles and not one single issue!
Thanks Sixtus. I hear it's pretty hot out your way.
What about a hot sunny day with the top up? Does the AC keep the interior comfortable under those conditions? I am somewhat concerned due to the black-only top.

Edit: Sorry, I did not read your response carefully. You just said your AC cools wehether your top is up or down!

Sixtus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sixto
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2016 GT Convertible, 2015 Ecoboost PP
The top really keeps the car interior temperature well. I have not had an instance where the AC could not keep me cool. I've had many friends go on cruises with me and they comment on how well these 6th gen mustangs cool/heat. Not to mention the top raises and closes within 10 secs. You just can't be going over 2.5mph.
Sponsored