Sponsored

Convertible Owners

lawprofs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible Magnetic
Given the lack of convertible reviews, would one of you who is lucky enough to have purchased one be willing to write a short review? I am particularly interested in issues that would be unique to a drop top--such as the presence of cowl shake or issues relating to the convertible top. Also, your general feelings about the car now that you have it.

Thanks!
Sponsored

MagneticMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Happy with mine so far, no cowl shakes.

With the windows down the rear glass vibrates, but I've since noticed it vibrates a little anyway, probably just road vibrations.

Still waiting for the tonneau caps.

Doesn't feel like a convertible all that much with the top up

Blast to drive with the top down.

The sun can wash out the Synch screen and make it pretty much useless.

Should be at least one or two at most dealers by now, go and test drive one!

Last edited:
OP
OP

lawprofs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible Magnetic
Thanks for your thoughts. Not a lot of convertibles at dealers around here yet. A little hard to do a good test drive when the wind chill today is -24.

gofastguy

NEO Mustang Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby GT#3040
Just got home from a 2800 mile road trip last night to the South where we could put the top down. Car is a pleasure to drive either top up or down. Very comfortable for a long drive. We averaged 23 mpg for the whole trip with little noticeable difference between regular and 93 octane in either mileage or power.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
When you drive with the top down, do papers and clothes and books and things you have in the back seat fly out?

Sponsored

mpwillis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Monty
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Vert, '92 911 Cabrio
Here in FLORIDA top down is a dream. Picked it up last Thursday, drove 50 miles home and top has been down most of the time. Wind buffet just a fact of top down motoring. One of my first purchases is going to be windscreen, really reduces wind noise and buffet (lovetodrive has a nice one in work, wish Ford had one). No body flex, although no serious twisties so far. Vert come with S tower brace (EB doesn't have the arch brace, but likely addition as well). Concur with wash out of screen, also shows fingerprints something terrible, small price to pay for top down.
image.jpg

MagneticMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
When you drive with the top down, do papers and clothes and books and things you have in the back seat fly out?
I doubt books would fly out, loose papers and clothes would. If you want a convertible for that wind flowing through your hair feeling, the same wind will blow stuff out.

gofastguy

NEO Mustang Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby GT#3040
Any small loose items go on the rear floor and you have no problems.

gofastguy

NEO Mustang Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby GT#3040
Does anyone else have a creaking noise coming from the windshield header area? I'm sure that it's just the latch adjustment. Seems to only happen in warmer climates but is rather annoying.

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
Hint...to any aftermarket manufacturer...produce a removable 'sun-shield' for the 8" sync screen.
I have a 10" GPS add-on in my truck and put a sun-shield around the screen. It made a big difference in viewability when the sun shown through the side windows.

Last edited:

Sponsored

mpwillis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Monty
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Vert, '92 911 Cabrio
Hint...to any add-on manufacturers...produce a 'sun-shield' for the 8" sync screen.
I have a 10" GPS add-on in my truck and put a sun-shield around the screen. It made a big difference in viewability when the sun shown threw the side windows.
+1

captjeff19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible - White w/ Ebony
Does anyone else have a creaking noise coming from the windshield header area? I'm sure that it's just the latch adjustment. Seems to only happen in warmer climates but is rather annoying.
That damn creaking noise must be standard on the verts... it's really my only complaint about the car. Seems to be coming from the drivers side vert latch, but I don't see any owner accessible adjustments that can be made to tighten it a little.

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Love my vert and can't complain about anything. I did, however, forget to remove a few receipts out of the passenger seat a few days ago and they all flew away. Thankfully, they weren't important.

I used to hear a little bit of wind when driving, but that was when I had factory exhausts. When I swapped to my roush axle-backs w/ x-pipes, it made it much more difficult to hear. The only time I really hear it now is when I'm idling at a red light with the radio off.

Absolutely love mine and getting a convertible for the next car in a few years is an absolute must for me.

Rough Hollow Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Convertible
Only me creaking

That damn creaking noise must be standard on the verts... it's really my only complaint about the car. Seems to be coming from the drivers side vert latch, but I don't see any owner accessible adjustments that can be made to tighten it a little.
Had my vert for a while now. And because of these posts I've been listening intensely for any creaking from the windshield header or top latches. So far those gremlins are not in my vert. Maybe I'm just lucky I guess. And I have pushed around many of these Texas Hill Country hills at speed.:love::cool:

mikef523

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang eco, 17 explorer, 17 Jaguar F-Pace
Had my vert for a while now. And because of these posts I've been listening intensely for any creaking from the windshield header or top latches. So far those gremlins are not in my vert. Maybe I'm just lucky I guess. And I have pushed around many of these Texas Hill Country hills at speed.:love::cool:
Living in Texas as you do, I have had limited drives with my vert, simply because of the intense heat here in the Houston area. I got my car in march, so I did have some "top down" time earlier this year. Looking forward to the coming months when I can put it down more often.
As for any "creaks" or noises in general, I must say this is a well built convertible. When the top is up, it really doesn't even feel like a vert. And the liner looks so good, you can't really even tell it's a vert. Wind noise is very minimal if any at all really. Outside noise of any kind is really minimal also.
I would hope that all of the Mustang convertables are built as well as mine seems to be. or am I just lucky? I have no complaints. very glad I got the vert.
Sponsored