Sponsored

Question for convertible owners

deep south

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB auto convertible & Citroen C3
I live in England and have ordered a EB vert for delivery next year. Ford UK are unable to give any detailed specs so far - I guess they haven't decided what exactly they will build on the Euro spec RHD models.

But I'd like to know - does the convertible come as standard with a one piece folding rear seat? I can see that the fast back can have 50/50 split as an option, but I can't find what the vert comes with.

Also, does it need some kind of wind break for top down cruising? Many do have them available as an option, but on some it isn't needed - any comments so far from owners on this?

Thanks inn advance!
Sponsored

BufordGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless at the moment
I think that split seats is only available on the UK cars. I have not seen it on any 2015 convertible in the US.

Here is a link to a vendor (CJ Pony Parts) How To involving the installation of a Classic Designs Concept light bar in a 2015 conv. It shows a solid/non-fold down rear seat.

[ame]

Last edited:

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
I live in England and have ordered a EB vert for delivery next year. Ford UK are unable to give any detailed specs so far - I guess they haven't decided what exactly they will build on the Euro spec RHD models.

But I'd like to know - does the convertible come as standard with a one piece folding rear seat? I can see that the fast back can have 50/50 split as an option, but I can't find what the vert comes with.

Also, does it need some kind of wind break for top down cruising? Many do have them available as an option, but on some it isn't needed - any comments so far from owners on this?

Thanks inn advance!
There is no folding seat in the Convertible, it is fixed. As for wind breaks I understand that some are made, but unfortunately no experience with these to help you out... :(

mpwillis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Monty
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Vert, '92 911 Cabrio

Thanks inn advance!
Can confirm no rear seat fold. Too bad. As regards windscreen/windbreak, I've had them on Porsche, Saab, and Audi. Search other threads here that discuss, but I'm leaning towards "love the drive" (search for website). I won't be putting a light bar. No first hand knowledge of this particular product, but video looks good. My correspondence with them indicates late March availability.

ohhbother

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Amy
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium convertible
I regularly drive my car with the top down on a highway with an average speed around 65-70 mph. I've been pleasantly surprised by the wind situation -- much better than my '07 convertible. After a 30-minute drive, I'll look a little windblown but still presentable. In my former car, I would have been a disheveled mess.

Sponsored

MagneticMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
seats don't fold down, wind isn't that bad as a driver, but stuff on the passenger and rear seats might get blown away

OP
OP

deep south

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB auto convertible & Citroen C3
Thanks for the prompt replies!

Shame about no folding rear seat at all; it would have helped with luggage.

I currently have an MG-TF (similar to the MX-5/Miata but mid-engined, never sold in the US); in that car without the wind break even the driver gets blown away - much more civilised with it fitted!

Any stuff loose on the seats deserves to be blown away - kind of self-cleaning mechanism...

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
The convertible does not have a fold down 'pass-through' rear seat, to accommodate the soft stop mechanism and storage.

Rob00GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Ragtop
Wind protection is pretty good. You can have a conversation with your passenger at highway speed while topless.

I've also rolled up the side windows with heater on to keep comfortably warm with the top down even in chilly weather.

Guardstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
My wifes 05 convert doesn't fold down but the well for the top blocks anything from really passing through if they did.

Sponsored

IM Stoner II

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1 Convertible Shadow Black
Vehicle Showcase
Check out love the ride wind screen I have it on my 2017 gt pp1 and only get a very little wind on the back of my head with windows down...vertually no wins with windows up
20210806_113323.jpg

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
I remember hearing about Ford of Germany selling a Ford-approved windscreen that is not sold in the USA.

CVCashmere

celica0774

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT convertible PP1
Thanks for the prompt replies!

Shame about no folding rear seat at all; it would have helped with luggage.

I currently have an MG-TF (similar to the MX-5/Miata but mid-engined, never sold in the US); in that car without the wind break even the driver gets blown away - much more civilised with it fitted!

Any stuff loose on the seats deserves to be blown away - kind of self-cleaning mechanism...
If you care enough, I retrofit folding seat backs into my 2006 convertible.
The basic chassis is very similar 2006/2015.

mmff88gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible

Thanks inn advance!
I have a 2019 convertible -- U.S. Spec. U'S. convertibles come with a fixed rear seat. As to a "wind break," Ford does not offer one in the U.S. I have the Audi wind deflector discussed in this thread:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...-courtesy-of-audi.106020/page-10#post-3321235

It fits perfectly, works well, is very high quality, and I do not believe that any other options fold in the middle as the Audi one does to fit easily in what we would call the trunk.

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
My 2020 GT is okay as to wind but not great, not sure about others experience. I got a "fancy" wind break from a Dallas company. It really helps, best even is putting the windows up a bit too. It's like Lexan and the light is an option as is the pony. it bolts to the headrests and yes you can move the seats around and not hurt it.

IMG_6164.jpg
Sponsored